Mitch
16 more years
+877|6486|South Florida
There's no such thing as Bi-polar, ADD, ADHD, etc.

The cause? Bad parenting. There was none of this shit ~20 years ago. Parents knew how to spank and how to take care of their kids. Now it's just sugar, caffeine, video games and "everyone's a winner".

tl;dr = Control your goddamn emotions like the rest of us.

Discuss.
15 more years! 15 more years!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6460|so randum
Wrong.

While often it's misdiagnosed, and is used as an excuse, you'd have to be a fucking moron to deny it's existence

O SHI-
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6722

i agree
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6486|South Florida

FatherTed wrote:

Wrong.

While often it's misdiagnosed, and is used as an excuse, you'd have to be a fucking moron to deny it's existence

O SHI-
So we agree that those who are hyper misparented little sugar filled fucks are usually diagnosed with the fake ADD bullshit just to sell them drugs?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6581|London, England
Yeah, too many excuses for people that are just plain......jerks.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6460|so randum

Mitch wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Wrong.

O SHI-
So we agree that those who are hyper misparented little sugar filled fucks are usually diagnosed with the fake ADD bullshit just to sell them drugs?
Without any figures, i couldn't comment on most.

But yep, it's definitely over diagnosed.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Stimey
­
+786|6080|Ontario | Canada
I agree with the OP.
Its easier to make a kid eat a pill onec a day than tell it to stop something it shouldn't be doing, potentially hurting their feelings and making them cry.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6804|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I've got ADHD.

Symptoms: Have a hard a time focusing (who doesn't anyway?), subconsciously talk really loud, do stuff immediately without thinking.

It is definitely not just bad parenting, although some misdiagnosed cases may have been just that. I have 3 younger sisters, two of them are normal but the third has also been diagnosed with ADHD and does just the exact things I mentioned above.

Saying that ADHD is fake and just an excuse for parents who suck pisses me off like no tomorrow. I bet all of those who say that don't have any first hand experience with it and base your opinion from something you have read / heard / seen on tv.

Last edited by Sydney (2009-03-19 08:09:16)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6486|South Florida

Sydney wrote:

I've got ADHD.

Symptoms: Have a hard a time focusing (who doesn't anyway?), subconsciously talk really loud, do stuff immediately without thinking.

It is definitely not just bad parenting, although some misdiagnosed cases may have been just that. I have 3 younger sisters, two of them are normal but the third has also been diagnosed with ADHD and does just the exact things I mentioned above.
I have trouble concentrating too, on things im not interested in.
mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6398|Germany
I'd definately say that it's some kind of fashion-disease you can say a child has when.... OH LOOK A SQUIRREL!!
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6535|London
Mitch, agreed

@ Sydney if you can play bf2 for longer than 5 minutes without wandering off to eat cake then there is nothing clinically wrong with you imho.

I don't know if ADHD exists but if it does it is waaaay over-diagnosed. Most kids just lack self-discipline and self-control.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6634|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Mitch wrote:

Discuss.
Shot putt
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6460|so randum

1927 wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Discuss.
Shot putt
Javelin?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
https://www.bc-enschede.nl/wenglish/grassroots/popculture_3h10304/3h1/heupers_kamphuis/mchammer%5b1%5d.jpeg
Christbane
+51|6195
I agree that it is BS in most cases, but I do think it does effect some people.  I know  excellent parents that have kids that are out of control despite their best efforts. some people are just not wired right, and you cant always blame the parents.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6460|so randum
https://images.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=https://www.cavstrack.com/images/long_jump.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGbntCRavP_YkwaXfEMACCC8BG_mw

Last edited by FatherTed (2009-03-19 08:18:14)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6593

FatherTed wrote:

https://images.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=https://www.cavstrack.com/images/long_jump.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGbntCRavP_YkwaXfEMACCC8BG_mwp
wtf lol

https://images.google.co.uk/url?q=https://www.cavstrack.com/images/long_jump.jpg&sa=X&oi=unauthorizedredirect&ct=targetlink&ust=1237477707309492&usg=AFQjCNE0-IBsUKYtKw2B4Hs2MhpEKk1dAQ

Last edited by Gooners (2009-03-19 08:18:40)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6157|Winland

They told me that I had ADHD when I was in second grade.

In third grade, they concluded I was just bored.

So yeah, it is overdiagnosed. TO THE MAX.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6528|NYC / Hamburg

Freezer7Pro wrote:

TO THE MAX.
Yay, everyone loves me

Last edited by max (2009-03-19 08:22:11)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6804|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Well, whatever you think, drugs are awesome. They make me talk instead of shout and I can actually focus on semi-boring stuff like school.

Also, I've NEVER been out of control, my parents did an excellent job on raising me tbh.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6486|South Florida

Freezer7Pro wrote:

They told me that I had ADHD when I was in second grade.

In third grade, they concluded I was just bored.

So yeah, it is overdiagnosed. TO THE MAX.
exactly.
just cause kids dont have an interest in doing boring shit for extended periods of time is not a fucking disorder.
I see a small child and a sand pit (however, I offer no sick joke), a pervy cameraman in the background and a pedo about to enter queue left.  Pity we cant see all of the ass on the bird in the yellow bodywarmer.  Could well be mid 40's but hey, who are we to be all picky, fussy and choosey?
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6157|Winland

1927 wrote:

I see a small child and a sand pit (however, I offer no sick joke), a pervy cameraman in the background and a pedo about to enter queue left.  Pity we cant see all of the ass on the bird in the yellow bodywarmer.  Could well be mid 40's but hey, who are we to be all picky, fussy and choosey?
WHAT.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6431

Mitch wrote:

There's no such thing as Bi-polar, ADD, ADHD, etc.

The cause? Bad parenting. There was none of this shit ~20 years ago. Parents knew how to spank and how to take care of their kids. Now it's just sugar, caffeine, video games and "everyone's a winner".

tl;dr = Control your goddamn emotions like the rest of us.

Discuss.
Err bi-polar depression is completely different from ADD/ADHD.

tl;dr = Shut the fuck up until you know what you're talking about.

Parental discipline has nothing to do with bipolarity.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6407|Chicago, IL
massively misdiagnosed, but it does exist

Bipolar disorder stems from low levels of lithium ions in the brain that the nerve cells use to communicate, not bad parenting.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard