+1,220|6233|Escea

JahManRed wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Israeli [Tear Gas] Hippie
From Belfast? My ARSE!

LOL, pricless.

Could have been worse. Could have been British activist Tom Hurndall.

The link shows a photo of Tom after he was shot, if you don't have the stomach for reality, don't click it.
http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article1358.shtml
Hmm. Well to be fair, standing in the way of the soldiers wasn't the best decision to make on the planet.
He had the balls to stand in front of children to protect them. You or I would never have the balls to make the decisions he made..........to be fair.
The Israelis convicted the shooter.......an Arab.
"On 11 August 2005, al-Heib was sentenced to eight years in prison by a military court."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hurndall
But was he expecting to get shot? Did he go in front of them knowing he would have to take a bullet? Chances are no, he wasn't/didn't. He probably thought that if he put himself in the way, nothing would happen, it did, therefore it was a bad decision to do so.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6774|d
It personally doesn't bother me because I don't care about a American protester that is so sympathetic to Palestine, they decide to protest in a quasi war zone.

mafia996630 wrote:

Right, are you tying to say your not sympathetic towards him is because of his cause ?

You just typed that you don't know what the 'reponses' should be .... But you know what they can't?  C'mo

mafia996630 wrote:

Not what they can't , more like what they shouldn't .
Edit: Try to keep up this time.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2009-03-16 16:55:18)

13rin
+977|6490

mafia996630 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Comparing a sniper's bullet to a tear gas canister = lol.
Yea because that's what I was really getting at.

Well, then why the fuck don't you just tell us all what to think instead of hacking at others' opinions whilst posting snuff photos. Wait lemme... here so much better now.

*edit:  you have no point so as there's nothing to keep up with.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2009-03-16 16:57:52)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6530|Πάϊ

M.O.A.B wrote:

I generally wouldn't give up my weekend to go and wave a placard at someone that will have no effect and have a high chance of getting shot, gassed, blown up or soaked with cold water.
So what would you do. Take up guns? Bend over? What?

What do you do when somebody is fucking you day in day out? When they take your land. Your home. When they kill your relatives. When they don't allow you to go to work. When they beat you up for no reason. What the fuck would you do.

Flecco wrote:

? You protest you accept the risk that there will be police retaliation.

That's just how it works.
First off, this is not retaliation. This is an offensive. Let's not forget that. Second, there is a thing called police brutality. Which of course is not the case here, because we're talking about the IDF I take it. But regardless of that, what will it take for you people to say no more. I really wonder.
ƒ³
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6774|d

DBBrinson1 wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Comparing a sniper's bullet to a tear gas canister = lol.

Well, then why the fuck don't you just tell us all what to think instead of hacking at others' opinions whilst posting snuff photos. Wait lemme... here so much better now.

:wut
Like I said earlier, some people are full of shit.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6643|949

Protest an illegal apartheid wall, get shot in the face with tear gas.  Fellow countrymen have no sympathy because you like to sit in trees instead of something they deem more worthwhile.

Anyone notice the tear gas canister that landed right next to the people that were helping the dude out on a stretcher?  That sure was a tactical shot...
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6774|d

usmarine wrote:

oug & ken are jew haters!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

oug wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

I generally wouldn't give up my weekend to go and wave a placard at someone that will have no effect and have a high chance of getting shot, gassed, blown up or soaked with cold water.
So what would you do. Take up guns? Bend over? What?

What do you do when somebody is fucking you day in day out? When they take your land. Your home. When they kill your relatives. When they don't allow you to go to work. When they beat you up for no reason. What the fuck would you do.
Man, never knew Oakland was so bad. Wait, no he wasn't protesting in Oakland was he? Read up sport, why would I go and protest in a foreign country where my efforts will amount to nothing, and there is a high chance I would be shot, blown up, kidnapped, gassed or water cannoned?

As for in my own country, I don't need to protest and I wouldn't anyway. Protesting against one thing always leads to disruption of everyone elses lives, so again, I wouldn't waste my weekend causing disruption to get gassed and water cannoned or bean bagged.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

mafia996630 wrote:

http://electronicintifada.net/artman2/u … undall.gif
A British peace activist going only by the name Alice cries for help as she holds her hand over the headwound of British peace activist Thomas Hurndall, who had been shot in the head moments earlier, at the start of a protest, in Rafah, southern Gaza Strip, Friday, April 11, 2003. Hurndall, age 21, from Machester, England, had been standing between Israeli troops and Palestinian children when Israeli soldiers opened fire, according to a fellow activist from the International Solidarity Movement who witnessed the scene.
So did he die?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6530|Πάϊ

M.O.A.B wrote:

Man, never knew Oakland was so bad. Wait, no he wasn't protesting in Oakland was he? Read up sport, why would I go and protest in a foreign country where my efforts will amount to nothing, and there is a high chance I would be shot, blown up, kidnapped, gassed or water cannoned?

As for in my own country, I don't need to protest and I wouldn't anyway. Protesting against one thing always leads to disruption of everyone elses lives, so again, I wouldn't waste my weekend causing disruption to get gassed and water cannoned or bean bagged.
Oh so one is restricted to protesting against injustice in his own country? Or is it state? Or back yard? I'm sorry to say this but you're a sheep. I just hope you never have to learn how to earn your freedom the hard way. Btw imagine if everyone over the years said the same as you...
ƒ³
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

You're a sheep, No you're a sheep, no you're the sheep, I'm not a sheep you're the sheep.
Stupid fucking line.

@oug Why not protest injustice in another country? Because it is none of your god damn business. Going to other lands to impose your views for how they should live isn't the right thing to do, it's the big headed thing to do.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6479
I FUCKING LOVE DST!

yeah!
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6530|Πάϊ

Macbeth wrote:

You're a sheep, No you're a sheep, no you're the sheep, I'm not a sheep you're the sheep.
Stupid fucking line.

@oug Why not protest injustice in another country? Because it is none of your god damn business. Going to other lands to impose your views for how they should live isn't the right thing to do, it's the big headed thing to do.
Remind me again, what do man-made boarders have to do with universal notions like justice and peace?

Also as pointed above by Dilbert, for Americans to be saying this... well you gotta admit it's fucking ironic!
ƒ³
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6676|NT, like Mick Dundee

oug wrote:

Flecco wrote:

? You protest you accept the risk that there will be police retaliation.

That's just how it works.
First off, this is not retaliation. This is an offensive. Let's not forget that. Second, there is a thing called police brutality. Which of course is not the case here, because we're talking about the IDF I take it. But regardless of that, what will it take for you people to say no more. I really wonder.
I'm not arguing about anything other than what I gather was the single shot that caused this whole mess. Some guy got hit in the face. That's all I've been posting about.

Not the second or third or the blocked ambulance or anything like that (oddly enough the ambulance looked Israeli). People are making such a big deal out of a shot that in all likelihood accidentally hit a guy in the face. It's terrible, yes. It's condemnable, yes. No more so than a careless driver hitting somebody crossing the road though. If you want to talk about the IDF being heavy handed maybe we should look at real examples, like the border 'fence' itself or the Hurndall one already posted. Protesting? Sure, fine. If there were protesters in the group throwing rocks though it becomes another matter. That's not a peaceful protest, that's assault and you take your safety into your own hands by staying in or near a violent protest. I'd support negligence charges being brought against the guy who shot him but I disagree that this is another example of Israeli brutality.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

oug wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Stupid fucking line.

Remind me again, what do man-made boarders have to do with universal notions like justice and peace?

Also as pointed above by Dilbert, for Americans to be saying this... well you gotta admit it's fucking ironic!
Everything.

Justice is defined by the law, which is defined by the government. So only the government has the right to decide what is justice and what isn't.

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee: Have at thee, coward! /Shakespeare

Now sometimes you must have double standards for things. What works for one group of people wouldn't work for another. Now in the middle east we've learned that only a strong iron fist can hold those people down. Maybe that is what they need a strong iron fist.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6530|Πάϊ

Flecco wrote:

I'm not arguing about anything other than what I gather was the single shot that caused this whole mess. Some guy got hit in the face. That's all I've been posting about.

Not the second or third or the blocked ambulance or anything like that (oddly enough the ambulance looked Israeli). People are making such a big deal out of a shot that in all likelihood accidentally hit a guy in the face. It's terrible, yes. It's condemnable, yes. No more so than a careless driver hitting somebody crossing the road though. If you want to talk about the IDF being heavy handed maybe we should look at real examples, like the border 'fence' itself or the Hurndall one already posted. Protesting? Sure, fine. If there were protesters in the group throwing rocks though it becomes another matter. That's not a peaceful protest, that's assault and you take your safety into your own hands by staying in or near a violent protest. I'd support negligence charges being brought against the guy who shot him but I disagree that this is another example of Israeli brutality.
I really don't care about that one guy. It just bugs me that there's all these people sitting in their comfy homes being sarcastic about this as if such a thing is so far from their reality.
Although tbh I think it's different than a careless driver situation... And as far as the stone throwing is concerned, I'm sure the Israelis would find some other pretext to gas these people anyway. You're right though, in comparison with other events in the region between Israelis and Palestinians this is quite trivial. Sadly though, no matter what's going on the reaction is the same...
ƒ³
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6530|Πάϊ

Macbeth wrote:

Everything.

Justice is defined by the law, which is defined by the government. So only the government has the right to decide what is justice and what isn't.

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee: Have at thee, coward! /Shakespeare

Now sometimes you must have double standards for things. What works for one group of people wouldn't work for another. Now in the middle east we've learned that only a strong iron fist can hold those people down. Maybe that is what they need a strong iron fist.
Oh my. Your ignorance is certainly entertaining. Sadly it's the middle of the night around here... Proper answer will have to wait. But honestly mate... I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
ƒ³
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

mafia996630 wrote:

A British peace activist going only by the name Alice cries for help as she holds her hand over the headwound of British peace activist Thomas Hurndall, who had been shot in the head moments earlier, at the start of a protest, in Rafah, southern Gaza Strip, Friday, April 11, 2003. Hurndall, age 21, from Machester, England, had been standing between Israeli troops and Palestinian children when Israeli soldiers opened fire, according to a fellow activist from the International Solidarity Movement who witnessed the scene.
and that is what gets you going eh?  that is what pisses you off huh?  is it because it is israel?  because that is a drop in the bucket compared to africa.  but, we write them off correct?
san4
The Mas
+311|6699|NYC, a place to live

usmarine wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

and that is what gets you going eh?  that is what pisses you off huh?  is it because it is israel?  because that is a drop in the bucket compared to africa.  but, we write them off correct?
C'mon, everyone knows the Israeli army gang-rapes hundreds of women and forces 30,000 children to fight. You should be grateful the International Solidarity Movement is there to help them.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6676|NT, like Mick Dundee

usmarine wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Marine, you forget, Palestine and Palestinians are more photogenic than Sudan!

@ Macbeth... It was people thinking like your post on what 'justice' is that enabled Hitler. 'Huh, the government says it's okay to beat the crap out of communists on the street, lets go!'... Always question your government.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
13rin
+977|6490

mafia996630 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

:wut
Like I said earlier, some people are full of shit.
Again a post of yours consisting of nothing.  Thank you for proving my point.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6498|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Flecco wrote:

usmarine wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Marine, you forget, Palestine and Palestinians are more photogenic than Sudan!

@ Macbeth... It was people thinking like your post on what 'justice' is that enabled Hitler. 'Huh, the government says it's okay to beat the crap out of communists on the street, lets go!'... Always question your government.
Actually they are better for posing Flecco! Plus we all know African's can't use cameras, they are just hairless apes, so they don't matter.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6530|Πάϊ
So you people actually don't see the difference between the situation in Africa and Palestine? Really? The joke is getting old by now so you might as well stop playing dumb.
ƒ³
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6117|eXtreme to the maX

usm wrote:

and that is what gets you going eh?  that is what pisses you off huh?  is it because it is israel?
Its because Israel claims to be a modern european democracy, not savages pursuing racial supremacy and a stone age religion.

If the US were giving billions of dollars worth of modern weapons and total protection in the UN to one of the factions in Bosnia/Somalia/Some-other-shithole you can bet the griping would be just as intense.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-03-17 00:46:48)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5596

oug wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Everything.

Oh my. Your ignorance is certainly entertaining. Sadly it's the middle of the night around here... Proper answer will have to wait. But honestly mate... I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
I would love to hear a response to that. In the mean time I will have to think since you are Greek to make either a gay joke or pedophilia in the near future.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard