B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

Any spam or off topic posts will be deleted

This server will be heavily administrated to make sure it remains a fair and fun environment for everyone to play in.

You can see a list of the Admins here.
You can find the rules for the server here.

If you feel you have been wrongly kicked or banned or you have other complaints about admin behaviour, this is the place to report it.

Please do not PM any of the server administrators. If you can't report it here, (in public), then don't even bother.

Last edited by liquidat0r (2007-03-15 03:15:54)

vesty12
+0|6634|Copenhagen
Thanks! sounds great
B.Schuss

that's the way..

I haven't seen a complaint / appeal though, goldman. Do you expect one ?
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6728|06-01
too bad we here in asia cant play there.....
sounds like a great place to play...
B.Schuss

Lt.Goldman wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

I haven't seen a complaint / appeal though, goldman. Do you expect one ?
No

Should we as admins only reply to post in this tread ? In that case I will remove the report.  And this post.
If not, I will post every kick and ban I have to do. Just to store the info in case someone complains later.

oh and the reaction of tthf shouldn't be in this tread at all... (or did you ban everyone from asia )
well, actually this subforum is only for those who feel they have been falsely kicked or banned from the EU server and want to appeal the decision or discuss reasons with the admin responsible.

So as long as there are no appeals and everyone who has been kicked / banned accepts that decision, there should be no need to post here.
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6632|The Netherlands
Options to ban when they are not in the server are:
1. IP address
2. HASH

Those can be done in BF2CC  at the bottom of the Ban List

3. Import a ban list

But I don't know if you can use playername only
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands

B.Schuss wrote:

I'd love to ban him, but I don't have his hash. is his name sufficient ?

I haven't figured out how to ban people that are not on the server yet...
Maybe you could find more details about this guy in the serverlogs? I dont know if you can access them but if you can, you ll probably find his ip.

Btw i m happy to say i was invited by b schuss to become a serveradmin on the european bf2s server, i accepted the job and i m proud to become part of the bf2s.com team.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-03-23 11:10:11)

eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter
Well, i talked to Goldman, and it seems that unless you have a hash or an Ip, people cant be banned if they are not in the server, so it seems pointless to tape these guys if you cant do anything about them... =/ , there isnt any way to maybe ban peoples accounts by an exact name?
Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6632|The Netherlands

General-Echo wrote:

Btw i m happy to say i was invited by b schuss to become a serveradmin on the european bf2s server,
i accepted the job and i m proud to become part of the bf2s.com team.
Welcome to the team Echo !  you've earned it 

[Dutch]   GOED BEZIG KEREL !   [/Dutch]

And remember:  Be a friendly admin  (like me )
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6791|Belgium

[Dutch]
Bwaa, zolang een Belg er bij is om de zaken op het juiste spoor te houden, komt het allemaal wel goed Hoewel we gisteren al last hadden met Speedyman op rust
[/Dutch]

@Echo Cheers mate

R
B.Schuss

(EUS)Gen.BadSnipaDay wrote:

Well, i talked to Goldman, and it seems that unless you have a hash or an Ip, people cant be banned if they are not in the server, so it seems pointless to tape these guys if you cant do anything about them... =/ , there isnt any way to maybe ban peoples accounts by an exact name?
that's exactly the problem. I will have to look at the server logs in more detail, but I believe they only provide stuff about the server itself ( when it is being restarted, or settings are changed ) and times when admins log on.

I don't think the logs keep track of people's IP's after they have left the server. I have not seen an option in BF2CC to ban by player name ( would not make much sense anyway, since people can make new accounts ).
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra

B.Schuss wrote:

that's exactly the problem. I will have to look at the server logs in more detail, but I believe they only provide stuff about the server itself ( when it is being restarted, or settings are changed ) and times when admins log on.

I don't think the logs keep track of people's IP's after they have left the server. I have not seen an option in BF2CC to ban by player name ( would not make much sense anyway, since people can make new accounts ).
yeh i cant find it as an option either,
but on the other hand i got pm from a guy here who is an admin on node servers saying after seeing my padding post he was going to go ban nitro now from all there servers.

so there must be away somehow.
B.Schuss

they probably use the IP they got from the forums. after all, nitro posted here a lot, thereby leaving his IP for everyone to see.
Echo
WOoKie

Lt.Goldman wrote:

General-Echo wrote:

Btw i m happy to say i was invited by b schuss to become a serveradmin on the european bf2s server,
i accepted the job and i m proud to become part of the bf2s.com team.
Welcome to the team Echo !  you've earned it 

[Dutch]   GOED BEZIG KEREL !   [/Dutch]

And remember:  Be a friendly admin  (like me )

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

[Dutch]
Bwaa, zolang een Belg er bij is om de zaken op het juiste spoor te houden, komt het allemaal wel goed Hoewel we gisteren al last hadden met Speedyman op rust
[/Dutch]

@Echo Cheers mate

R
Thx guys!

@ goldman, off course i ll try to be friendly as much as i can but as an admin there are times when you need to deal with a situation. You cant be nice all the time when you re admining a gameserver. I know that from my time as a serveradmin on a couple of large bfv servers and i was also a member of the Command Staff of a large international gaming clan Brothers of Death [BoD] with about 40 members in the bfv section.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-03-24 11:41:22)

eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter

the_heart_attack wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

yeh i cant find it as an option either,
but on the other hand i got pm from a guy here who is an admin on node servers saying after seeing my padding post he was going to go ban nitro now from all there servers.

so there must be away somehow.
Yea, so it seems pointless to report these people, lol, it was fun though, i wish you guys could actually do somthing about this nim-rod.

B.Schuss wrote:

they probably use the IP they got from the forums. after all, nitro posted here a lot, thereby leaving his IP for everyone to see.
Yea, there are ways to get peoples Ip other than a game...
Echo
WOoKie
Allright, we cant seem to do much about it really so the only thing we can do is keep an eye out for that guy Dz0|MacDaddy and if you see him playing on the server again, report him to one of the admins so he can get his ban (1 week temp ban maybe?). Thats probably the best way to solve this issue.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-03-25 04:29:50)

AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6711
Ok, I just got banned for excessive teamkilling after a jet hit my hovering chopper giving me two teamkills, an APC ran into my jet while I was taking off, and then another person ran in front of my jet while I was taking off. I'd appreciate if you'd unban me considering Echo, Negerkungen, and HellHead have probably played with me enough to know I'm not a teamkiller...Thanks guys and sorry for the trouble.
Echo
WOoKie
I think you were kicked/banned till the end of the round by punkbuster, not by us. 4 punished tks give a player an autokick from the server. So try to connect next round. You should be fine.
Echo
WOoKie
I banned a guy on the european server tonight calling himself [BF2s] Noobmurderer. http://bf2s.com/player/63112256/ check his tks btw.

He joined our squad only to teamkill us. The round ended shortly after that and the next 2 minutes of the new round, he was teamkilling excessively mainly targeting bf2s guys and he used foul language involving race on chat. He was given a perminent ban. I suggest we ban him on all our servers.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-05-07 17:15:03)

HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6679|Germany
Story in particular :
He joined the server and the first I saw of him, was his knife in my face (same team).  I remembered his name from the forum, so Echo and me decided to take a closer look at him after the next round started...
And who would have guessed :
He blocked a starting plane to force a TK , tried to make me tk him by shooting and hitting me, and finally (he was commander) he throw some arty on me and the guys around while being on the PLA airfield... (that all happened during the first two minuntes after the round started)
Well, nothing more to say I guess...
Just another ban to add to his 44 already excisting ones in 128 hours...wow...

Last edited by HellHead (2006-05-07 17:03:31)

B.Schuss

alright. very persistant, the little bastard...he should get a life..
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6713|Topside

Or,someone should take his.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

I was on a server on Saturday night, cant remember the name because I was alittle drunk and was repeatably Team killed for planes and the chopper by a guy wearing a [BF2s] tag before his name. I cant remember his name, (drunk)  just that it was made up of numbers and letters. Is there a list off ppl using the tag? I would hate this comunity to get a bad reputation because of TK.
Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6713|Topside

To bad u didn't get a ss,then he would be history.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6679|Germany

JahManRed wrote:

I was on a server on Saturday night, cant remember the name because I was alittle drunk and was repeatably Team killed for planes and the chopper by a guy wearing a [BF2s] tag before his name. I cant remember his name, (drunk)  just that it was made up of numbers and letters. Is there a list off ppl using the tag? I would hate this comunity to get a bad reputation because of TK.
I followed our friend around a bit yesterday, when he hopped around a few servers and, yes, he is wearing the [bf2] tag all the time.
To bad we canĀ“t do anything about it, just spread around our good reputation and hope that people realize that this little (insert personal favourite insultion here) is just a bad exception from the rule...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard