Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5972|London, England

Mutantsteak wrote:

Watchmen 0/10
Noone commented on my rating

it was an awesome movie
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6589|SE London

Spearhead wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Spoiler (highlight to read):
A lot of my friends didn't like the squid ending and thought it basically came out of nowhere and didn't follow a lot of how the graphic novel had run. I dunno if I like the new ending having Dr. Manhattan take the blame, though.
I disagree. I think the new ending was overly predictable and the whole thing has been dumbed down.
Well of course it was predictable.  You read the book....
I saw it with several friends. Most of whom had not read it and were the ones that raised the point that it was too predictable.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Just finished Doubt.. superb acting.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6361|West NY
The Tooth Fairy.
Shudder.
I don't want to rate it.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6627|Mhz

Watchmen. 9/10, great story, lots of graphic violence, sex and silly rubber suits, lost a point as it contains more penis than is necessary

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2009-03-10 12:26:53)

KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6592|England
1408 with John Cusak - cannot rate it numerically, I'd just have to say utter shite.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6640

Why is Watchmen rated 18+?

Does it have nudity? Because i might go watch it with the rents and it's awkward >.<
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York

Gooners wrote:

Does it have nudity? Because i might go watch it with the rents and it's awkward >.<
3 minute sex scene with Malin Akerman's tits (), lots of gore (like, batshit insane gore), Dr. Manhattan's floppy flaccid blue dick hanging out, etc.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6640

Poseidon wrote:

Gooners wrote:

3 minute sex scene with Malin Akerman's tits (), lots of gore (like, batshit insane gore), Dr. Manhattan's floppy flaccid blue dick hanging out, etc.
Fuck

I'll go see it with my friends, Ill have to sneak in too

STRESSLIFE.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Gooners wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Fuck

STRESSLIFE.
Haha, you have to sneak in.

Ordering online ftw. Plus, I pass for like, 19 in some places. Beards ftw.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6640

Poseidon wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Fuck

STRESSLIFE.
Haha, you have to sneak in.

Ordering online ftw. Plus, I pass for like, 19 in some places. Beards ftw.
We buy like two tickets, then one person comes back for the other and we flash the ticket and get in. Works perfect
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6610
watchmen 6/10
if it wasnt for that dude with the chagning faces in the movie, id give it a 3/10
phishman420
Banned
+821|5689
someone please remove the ? from the title. it has bugged me forever now

street kings - 8/10
Commie Killer
+192|6394
Is Watchmen better high or sober?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

phishman420 wrote:

someone please remove the ? from the title. it has bugged me forever now

street kings - 8/10
ok buddy. Er.. never actually rated it but.. Doubt 8.3521
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5593

Commie Killer wrote:

Is Watchmen better high or sober?
everything is better high.
ParadoXic
+11|5743|Vancouver, Canada
Breach.

9.5/10. Great movie.
Wreckognize
+294|6493
Identity

9/10 - movie was a total mindfuck
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
RockNRolla (Blu-Ray) - 9/10

Although I'll be honest, I had to use subtitles.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6497|Gogledd Cymru

Watchmen  7.5/10

Interesting movie.
baggs
+732|6212
Planet Terror - 9.75/10 really good fun.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6654

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Watchmen - 7.5/10

It was a decent movie if a bit long.  Couldn't grasp why Dr. Manhatten was either wearing a banana hammock or nothing at all most of the movie, but whatever.  Story jumped around a bit too much for my liking but the visuals were incredible and the movie was shot fairly well.  I thought the ending was a bit weak and I think it ended far too quickly (2+ hours of story and a 15 minute climax?  C'mon!), but all in all one of the better movies I've seen lately.  Lots of gore and some titty shots too!
Just got back from it and I agree with most of this. It was kind of cool but the plot being all over the place made it too hard to get into.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6782|Noizyland

Watchmen for me too. Not going to rate it, it's kind of difficult to rate on a scale of one to ten. I had never read the graphic novel and I imagine that it flows a lot better to one who has seen it. That being said it was still engrossing and a great movie to watch, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

By the way Doc Manhattan increasingly choosing to go commando was a symbol of his gradual retreat from humanity. At least that's what I gather. I do appreciate the unflinching portrayal of the male genitalia. Most other producers/directors would have turned Manhattan into a Ken doll which isn't needed. Half the population has a penis and we should be grown up enough to not be offended or shocked by the damn thing.

Anyway, it was different from any film I've ever seen before and I've seen numerous films which like to be different - very few of them pull it off successfully. This film did. I had a very very loose idea of what to expect but even then I didn't come close. Opinions will differ but I say if you're tired of the same old Hollywood shit go see this film, (if you don't mind some graphic violence and a blue dude's willy.)

Good music too, (aside from 99 Luftballons.) Liked hearing ol' Bob at the start, (very fitting.) I kind of wonder what Leonard Cohen would think about his scene...

I'll tell you what though you don't want to be the guy everyone's rooting for in a Zack Snyder film. They always seem to get killed off somehow, (although always in a noble way.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6763|Scotland

Pay It Forward 9.6/10

Moving and brilliantly acted.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6422|Finland

Valkyrie

7/10

Boring...
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard