fatmarik
+23|6599|Anywhere i am needed
So I recently decided to go to NVIDIA control panel and check out my system information and it shows that 8800GT 512mb is running at BUS: PCI Express x8. Now I know for a fact that its a pci-e x16 card in a x16 slot in my mobo, could it be because my power supply is at the minimum requirement of 450 watts. So is it the graphics card or my powersupply or something else, also it says IRQ:16 if thats any help.
fatmarik
anyone?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6585|NYC / Hamburg

It's  either a NV CP readout  error, chipset limitation due to other PCI-e cards being used or a bios config issue. Some mobos also have a jumper that switches into a dual x8 mode from single x16. Double check the reaadout with gpu-z.

I doubt it's a PSU issue

Either way a PCI-e Ver.1 x8 bus is enough for any GPU.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
CrazeD
+368|6690|Maine

max wrote:

Either way a PCI-e Ver.1 x8 bus is enough for any GPU.
Indeed.

I wouldn't worry about it, there's no performance difference between X8 and X16. Especially not with an 8800GT.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6480|cuntshitlake

My two 8800GT's are happy on x8
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6214|Winland

DeathUnlimited wrote:

My two 8800GT's are happy on x8
So are mine.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
fatmarik
ok i was just wondering because the 8800gt on my main pc runs at x16 and on my alt pc is said at x8 and i was just worried, thanks for clearing it up.
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6131|SC | USA |
My two 8800GTS 512s are happy on x16 2.0
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6585|NYC / Hamburg

I run one of my G92s on x4 PCI-e and it works pretty well

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

My two 8800GTS 512s are happy on x16 2.0
... but you're stuck with the pile of shit that the 780i
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard