Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Gooners wrote:

fuck you guys i like my touchscreen <3
They are just jealous.  The HTC has touchscreen and qwerty keyboard.  I have three HTC Fuzes for the family.

https://gadgetmix.com/uploads/3/htc-fuze-better-kb.jpg

Thing is that, I don't even touch the phone to make calls.  HTC Fuze has Voice Command.  I just press the button on my bluetooth headset, tell it to call by name, answer "yes", then I'm connected.

Last edited by Ilocano (2009-02-25 15:33:01)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6567|NYC / Hamburg

Ilocano wrote:

Thing is that, I don't even touch the phone to make calls.  HTC Fuze has Voice Command.  I just press the button on my bluetooth headset, tell it to call by name, answer "yes", then I'm connected.
wow, a feature every decent phone since the late 90's has
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
baggs
+732|6204

max wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Maybe he has lived in a barn/caravan/Wales and just discovered modern technology?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

max wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

I was replying to Freezer7Pro's remark about having to dial a phone number. 

Besides, Voice Command is different.  It doesn't require an outside service, voice training, or any pre-recording.  Just advanced voice recognition.
baggs
+732|6204

Ilocano wrote:

max wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Besides, Voice Command is different.  It doesn't require an outside service, voice training, or any pre-recording.  Just advanced voice recognition.
ok that would be basic phonetics put to use then....and that mutha fucker's been around for quite some time
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

baggs wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

max wrote:

ok that would be basic phonetics put to use then....and that mutha fucker's been around for quite some time
OK, find me a phone from the late 90's that has a self contained voice command feature that works as well as the ones from the last few years.  Not using a service, tags or training.  And must work through  a bluetooth headset.

Last edited by Ilocano (2009-02-25 16:06:22)

baggs
+732|6204

Ilocano wrote:

baggs wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

OK, find me a phone from the late 90's that has a self contained voice command feature that works as well as the ones from the last few years.  Not using a service, tags or training.
as-fucking-if i'm going to sift thru countless pages of bollocks trying to prove something which i reeeeelay couldn't give a flying fuck about. anyway, just having some fun with you. I'm no smart arse mate, don't worry
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

baggs wrote:

as-fucking-if i'm going to sift thru countless pages of bollocks trying to prove something which i reeeeelay couldn't give a flying fuck about. anyway, just having some fun with you. I'm no smart arse mate, don't worry
.  No worries.  You got caught in the crossfire.  Shot to Max and his 90's comment.

As for living in a cave, , I'm a techhead.  I was an early adopter when cell phones used Red LED displays.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
Just 1x 120mm fan and 2 x 80mm fans today.

(the 80mm fans are going to go into my top drive bays with some modded dust filters.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

Ilocano wrote:

baggs wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

OK, find me a phone from the late 90's that has a self contained voice command feature that works as well as the ones from the last few years.  Not using a service, tags or training.  And must work through  a bluetooth headset.
It's nothing advanced. The phone just knows the approximate waveform of the word "yes". Perhaps not even that, as all it needs to know is the difference between "yes" and "no"; high tone and low tone. It wouldn't surprise me if you could just say eee~ and it'd still take it as a yes.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

baggs wrote:

It's nothing advanced. The phone just knows the approximate waveform of the word "yes". Perhaps not even that, as all it needs to know is the difference between "yes" and "no"; high tone and low tone. It wouldn't surprise me if you could just say eee~ and it'd still take it as a yes.
It's more than that.  It's actually a program from Microsoft called Voice Command.  For example, in my address book.  I have Barack Obama in the address book with phone numbers for his home, work, cell, car, company, work2, home2, radio, assistant.  I would say, "Call Barack Obama at home", system would ask me to confirm, I'd answer "Yes" or "Next".  No training, no tagging, or special service.  Yes, this feature has been around for the last 3 or so years though, but buggy until just the last year or so.  Definitely not in the late 90's.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5681
fancy

i bought some windshield wiper blades if that counts as tech
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6414|Finland

Asus GTX 295 arrived in a package that puts EVGA in shame.

Immediately OC'ed to C666/S1436/M1202

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

mum: panz here 5 dollars for lunch
panz: *evil* haha 15 more dollars and i get a gtx 295

Last edited by .Sup (2009-02-26 14:58:00)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6414|Finland

.Sup wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

mum: panz here 5 dollars for lunch
panz: *evil* haha 15 more dollars and i get a gtx 295

more like... CUT THE DAMN FOREST BUAHAHAHAHA
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone
https://www.topicsites.com/save-environment/logging1.jpg
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Nice card, but 3 year warranty keeps me away from ASUS.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6414|Finland

Ilocano wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

what's wrong with 3 years warranty? its more than XFX and 2 years...

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-02-26 16:46:23)

Brasso
+1,549|6630

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

most tech section members don't even need a 3 year warranty as they get rid of their card in half that time.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

haffeysucks wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

most tech section members don't even need a 3 year warranty as they get rid of their card in half that time.
Well, XFX, eVga and BFG are lifetime warranties, at least here in the States.  It's not so much how long you will use the card, but rather, how confident the manufacturer is with their product.  In my case though, I usually leave the graphics card with the build.  New build, new graphics card.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6414|Finland

evga has 10 years warranty here.... 2+8. 8 years is rma directly to evga.... sending gfx card otehr side of the EU for god knows how long time....
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
https://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/05/HAWX_HELMET_and_LOGO.jpg

Cos it's gonna be awesome.

https://img.game.co.uk/images/widgets/widget_hawx_image_sm.jpg

F-18 HARV (High Angle-of-Attack Research Vehicle).

Cos that plane looks awesome. Though it was very tough choice between that and the FB-22.

And...

https://www.fspilotshop.com/images/aviatorxb1.jpg

How it should be played.

And...

https://www.silvercell.cn/images/products/SAG%20MY411X.jpg

For my girlfriend's old broken phone that she loved. Hoping it's the battery that's gone.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6670|The Netherlands
https://tweakers.net/ext/i/1233658225.jpeg
I got this.
The nokia 5800
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)
Wasn't today, but I forgot to post it before now...

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513P3tYdwXL._SL500_AA280_.gif
phishman420
Banned
+821|5681
120gb ipod classic

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard