Col-Khadafi
+0|6812|Your Mom's House
I wish they'd improve the MEC / PROC anti air weapons. I mean wtf, the Tunguska has dual 30mm cannons and yet it does less damage then the .50 cal weapons on Buggys/Jeeps/Tanks.
BigDaga
+-1|6856
Commander not registering kills?  I have zoomed in and watched my arty kill enemys, yet at end of round...a big fat 0 in the kill column.  Has anyone had this happen to them since the patch?
[BFL]KER-CHINK
+0|6843|the UK
thats wot the new patch has done for us good isnt it.........................NOT
PlUmPaSsChIcKeN
+0|6823|your moms house
ok. regarding the ranks. now i am Master Sergeant, but there are many people with the same global rank of 21,418 that are first sergeants. WTF?? is it possible for me to become first sergeant or not?? also i personally think this new patch made this game less fun and worse. anyone else??
]V[Stinks_at_this
+2|6850
I'm with ya on the chopper thing, I'm a pilot and its crap that my gunner has to hop out to get in on the capture in the attack chopper, I understand the transports key word being TRANSPORT, Blackhawk, LAV's ETC, your ment to get out of them there only ment to move troops, but Tanks and attack Chopper should have stayed the same.
Croak
+11|6820|San Marcos, CA

PlUmPaSsChIcKeN wrote:

ok. regarding the ranks. now i am Master Sergeant, but there are many people with the same global rank of 21,418 that are first sergeants. WTF?? is it possible for me to become first sergeant or not?? also i personally think this new patch made this game less fun and worse. anyone else??
The only difference between 1st Sgt and Master Sgt is that the 1st Sgt players had ALL of their basic combat badges, including knife and pistol, BEFORE they hit 20k points (or before the patch, anyway).  If you hit 20k points before you get all those badges, you'll be "stuck" as a Master Sgt, getting the badges later doesn't seem to "promote" you.

And in reality, a Master Sgt is generally a "working" rank, while a 1st Sgt is primarily an admin rank.  Not saying 1st Sergeants don't get their hands dirty in the real world (sometimes), but they spend a LOT of their time in Company HQ pushing paperwork and doing inspections, and being the "face" of the senior NCO's in a unit.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6801

Croak wrote:

PlUmPaSsChIcKeN wrote:

The only difference between 1st Sgt and Master Sgt is that the 1st Sgt players had ALL of their basic combat badges, including knife and pistol, BEFORE they hit 20k points (or before the patch, anyway).  If you hit 20k points before you get all those badges, you'll be "stuck" as a Master Sgt, getting the badges later doesn't seem to "promote" you.

And in reality, a Master Sgt is generally a "working" rank, while a 1st Sgt is primarily an admin rank.  Not saying 1st Sergeants don't get their hands dirty in the real world (sometimes), but they spend a LOT of their time in Company HQ pushing paperwork and doing inspections, and being the "face" of the senior NCO's in a unit.
beans bullets beds
thats what coy sgts do
thats what any nco 2i/c does actually
Xsarido
+0|6821
Mhhhh i got 3 ranks after 3 kills today but when i looked at my BFHQ, there was still my old rank. So i tried the whole show again but even after 1 hour pf playing and again the rank gaining in game, no rank gaining in BFHQ ...
[BFL]KER-CHINK
+0|6843|the UK

PlUmPaSsChIcKeN wrote:

you must have all basic badges to get 1st sarg i think as im the same mate
omg! Buck_McCoy
+0|6789|Germany
I have a friend who got a disconnect every time he joined a server for the first time after starting the game - but only before the patch, now its fine. At least for him, instead i am experiencing exactly the same! Approximately 5 seconds after i enter the server i get a connection problem and have to reconnect, before this patch everything was fine, even the server browser worked, now it sometimes doesnt find servers until i change some filter rule like "only ranked servers" or something like that. Additionally (it has been mentioned before) this message from ea is so senseless... it´s ridiculous...
juro
+0|6788
Have anybody problems using different windows users after patch?
I can play only on my brothers windows userscode (with my own BF2 code ofcourse). He did this 1.103 loading. With my own W-code, appears this CD-code... message!
Problem is: he dont want to give his password......
Euro_mk

Last edited by juro (2005-10-11 04:17:25)

pinky_81
+1|6805|Denmark
Kick him in the head - clear the harddrive and install 1 profile only (Use a new secret password to teach him a lesson)

I hate the mess with user profiles under xp so If you share a computer - chose a neutral background... And only use 1 profile!!
more than 1 profile takes too many resources for me to keep orderly...

Last edited by pinky_81 (2005-10-11 04:35:38)

AirKnight
+0|6788
I'd like to know what the hell EA did to my account, as you can see with my signature i have over 3100 points and yet when i log in i get a score close to ZERO and enlisted date is all wrong
pish180
+0|6809
looks like I am not the only person to disklike what EA has done.  Also take a look at the BF2 leaderboards, appears as if a LOT of people got really discouraged by this "new" ranking system and patch.  Ahh well not like i play Bf2 ne more.  Just yesterdays newspaper.

EA - Fuk up Eveeerythingg, *sshuuup*

Over paid Executives; underpaid and over worked programmers.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6863|-

pish180 wrote:

looks like I am not the only person to disklike what EA has done.  Also take a look at the BF2 leaderboards, appears as if a LOT of people got really discouraged by this "new" ranking system and patch.  Ahh well not like i play Bf2 ne more.  Just yesterdays newspaper.
Or maybe the new measures against point farming and stat padding worked?
Joeskeppi
+0|6787
Well, personally I haven't had any bugs, and the fact that people have to jump out the BH now to flag cap is brilliant, I was piloting yesterday, and I had to set it down before ordering everyone to bail out, then get everyone back in and take off before the tanks get you, much more fun!

The only problem I have, I don't know if it's just me, but the AA seems to be EVEN WORSE, the rockets even miss stationary choppers now, and trying to shoot a plane is a waste of the 1 calorie of energy it takes to click the mouse button
[BFL]KER-CHINK
+0|6843|the UK

Joeskeppi wrote:

Well, personally I haven't had any bugs, and the fact that people have to jump out the BH now to flag cap is brilliant, I was piloting yesterday, and I had to set it down before ordering everyone to bail out, then get everyone back in and take off before the tanks get you, much more fun!

The only problem I have, I don't know if it's just me, but the AA seems to be EVEN WORSE, the rockets even miss stationary choppers now, and trying to shoot a plane is a waste of the 1 calorie of energy it takes to click the mouse button
AGREED COMPLEATLY
KillerAFET
+3|6795|Abilene, Texas
Got my third basic special ops badge again.  This is the second time I've received the basic spec-ops.  Odd....
Towle
+0|6854
I think that the DAO12 shotgun should be quicker to reload , why do I have to wait forever to reload when I finished my 12 round clip? It take ages to reload and I get killed whilst I am reloading  !  I wish this could be done whenever I wanted to reload , not when it was fully expended.

The Stinger missiles are still crap and don't track and don't damage enough. IMHO

Last edited by Towle (2005-10-17 14:40:39)

Towle
+0|6854

Col-Khadafi wrote:

I wish they'd improve the MEC / PROC anti air weapons. I mean wtf, the Tunguska has dual 30mm cannons and yet it does less damage then the .50 cal weapons on Buggys/Jeeps/Tanks.
and sound effects of those 30 mm cannons makes me wince !!

they sound so feeble and tame.. I would like sumething that goes "oomph ooomph"  like we had in BF 1942 (those German Anti-Air guns)
derplague
+0|6783
Long time reader, first time poster.

The new patch is the worst combination of Monty Hall give-away and screwing dedicated players.  EA must have thought long and hard how they could accomplish both, and in that regard the patch is a phenomenal success.

Monty Hall give-away:  Wild Rank inflation.  I know many people who went from Corporal to First Sergeant after the patch.  The ranks have been incredibly cheapened, to the point of absurdity.  Likewise for the unlocks.

Dedicated Player rip-off:  I know many people who share my second-class citizen status of Master Sergeant.  I was a plain old Sergeant before the patch, but jumped 3 ranks after.  However, I was ripped off in attaining the higher First Sergeant rank because I lacked all the basic badges.  Now, I knew I would have to get these before attaining the higher rank, but I had pre-patch something like 100k points to worry about it.  The rapid advancement post-patch negated this possibility.  I've been in contact with EA about this, but they refuse to do anything about it.  I made the analogy to an announced test for a class being moved up in time; it would be perceived as patently unfair and would adversely affect most.  This case is worse, in a sense, as my present rank is posted for all to see, and negatively impacts future performance since I have a harder time getting commander.

Earning the badges after ranking does no good, you're still stuck as Master.  According to EA, if you get the badges in time, you're still eligible for Sergeant Major.  This is contraindicated by my BFHQ display, but I guess we'll see if I don't abandon the game before reaching that rank.

I've only been playing EA games for about 6 months-started late with BFV, and jumped to BF2 when it came out.  I must say, I am extremely disappointed in their customer service and QA process.  The disastrous 1.01 and 1.03 patches are testament to that.  Hmmm, a pattern, perhaps:  the odd patches suck.

I've taken to calling the game BattleField:  Special Olympics--every tard gets a medal!
holocost
+1|6802|ireland,cork
guys anybody know how to change your tag cos since i play in an interne cafe the tags are different for every comp so every day i play bf2 my tag is different
ViperGTS19801
+0|6782|Philadelphia Suburbs, PA
What pisses me off is that sometimes the A-A combat is far TOO realistic.  the other day this happened three times in the same round on Dalian Plant.  I was bearing down on an enemy transport chopper in my jet, and I fired off a missile...it went THROUGH the body of the chopper.  No, my eyes did not decieve me, I watched the missile go through the hole in the chopper that the soldiers jump in and out of.  Now, this wouldn't be such a problem, but since the missiles lock onto heat sources, IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY GODDAMNED SENSE! There's no heat source in the cabin of the transport.

Also, I still want a patch with more relistic damage modelling.  I'm sorry but three shotgun blasts from 20M is a KILL.  Not one pistol bullet to the chest (especially after the three aforementioned shotgun blasts).

Bunnyhoppers need to die.  It's the goofiest and most frustrating thing watching someone jump, dive, prone, jump again, meanwhile I can't hit the fucker.  Each successive jump should be half height, and your jumping and sprinting ability needs to be impaired by the amount of damage you've taken.  If you have two red bars of health yet, you should not be able to jump AT ALL.
shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6786|Mechanicsville, VA

[A-51]-.Bond wrote:

I heard people are pissed cuz everyone is running around with upgraded weapons, I felt special to have my pkm, and now Im sure tons of people are gonna use it. does this mean peeps with keep nade whoring or run around with JackHammers or something? Im still a good support person. Bitches.  (sorry bout the grammar, I just worked 5am to 3am, so Im kinda tired)
yea no doubt... you'll still be able to tell who the good players are because all of the noobs are still gonna have no idea how to use the new weapons, which the more expierenced players are going to... like knowing that the L8MA1 is more accurate in full auto than it is in 1-3 shot bursts.
Towle
+0|6854

shortah wrote:

[A-51]-.Bond wrote:

I heard people are pissed cuz everyone is running around with upgraded weapons, I felt special to have my pkm, and now Im sure tons of people are gonna use it. does this mean peeps with keep nade whoring or run around with JackHammers or something? Im still a good support person. Bitches.  (sorry bout the grammar, I just worked 5am to 3am, so Im kinda tired)
yea no doubt... you'll still be able to tell who the good players are because all of the noobs are still gonna have no idea how to use the new weapons, which the more expierenced players are going to... like knowing that the L8MA1 is more accurate in full auto than it is in 1-3 shot bursts.
What is the L8MA1 ?  Which upgraded weapon is this?  Do you mean the medic upgrade rifle?  that is an L85A1 (SA80)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard