baggs
+732|6213
So i mosey on into 'Source Engine Games' and i read all this stuff and look at all these pictures you got on L4D and it looks fun, so fun i'm gonna buy it after work. Should i buy it PC DvD or buy it on Steam download?

Can i get some help and tips in game from you guys?

I think you can add me as 'turkeybaggins' on steam, but i warn you, i'll be proper shit for a stretch.

Last edited by baggs (2009-02-14 02:31:45)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

It's half-off on STEAM this weekend...but me, I like hard copies. Your call.
Brasso
+1,549|6639

STEAM DOWNLOAD

nuff said.  adding.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6161|what

Half price d/l ftw

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I like hard copies.
I've heard that about you.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477
Steam D/L is half price right now, but otherwise I recommend a hard copy as you can install them >9000 times faster.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6472|cuntshitlake

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Steam D/L is half price right now, but otherwise I recommend a hard copy as you can install them >9000 times faster.
Downloading once and backuping on DVD works better, you get the updated there too.

As for op, yes it's -50% on steam, quite a bargain.

Also, added.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Brasso
+1,549|6639

it's gotten to the point where i prefer steam over hard copies.  granted, i have pretty fast downloads, but i don't have to hassle with anything...just double click to install, go do something else, and it's ready to play in 20 minutes or so.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6198|Canada

I would say hard copy. but since it's 50% off on steam. Get it on steam.
I-=C-A-V-E-M-A-N=-I
+12|6379|Ohio
Doesn't matter since you have to use steam to play it anyways. So might as well dl it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

AussieReaper wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I like hard copies.
That makes absolutely no sense.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I like hard copies.
That makes absolutely no sense.
Did to me. Must be an aussie thing.

Left4Dead is alright. I can't get into it. Love the concept but I've only had about 3 good games of the 20 I've tried. Too many people just go omfgnoobgtfo because I started playing a bit later than others.

Very annoying.

That and I'm a tf2/war addict.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
baggs
+732|6213

Flecco wrote:

Left4Dead is alright. I can't get into it. Love the concept but I've only had about 3 good games of the 20 I've tried. Too many people just go omfgnoobgtfo because I started playing a bit later than others.

Very annoying.

What would you say is wrong with it exactly?
Kez
+778|5712|London, UK
I got a hard copy.

Thats not the only thing that was hard when I first started playing as well, y'get me

Steam is a lot easier though, I only got the CD because I pre-ordered it cheaper than Steam from Amazon
baggs
+732|6213

Kptk92 wrote:

Thats not the only thing that was hard when I first started playing as well, y'get me
You. Are such a bender.

I'm buying hard copy 2moro, i decided.
Kez
+778|5712|London, UK

baggs wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

You. Are such a bender.
Is that why you are so interested in raping me baby xx
baggs
+732|6213

Kptk92 wrote:

baggs wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

You. Are such a bender.
Well the fact you may enjoy me pillaging you anus concerns me.
Kez
+778|5712|London, UK

baggs wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

baggs wrote:

You. Are such a bender.
Well the fact you may enjoy me pillaging you anus concerns me.
Are you saying you'll do it?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6472|cuntshitlake

baggs wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Very annoying.

What is wrong with it, is the fact that pubbing is impossible. Don't even consider playing without friends, it's so frustrating that you will leave in 3 seconds.

At least in my opinion.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Brasso
+1,549|6639

just get the steam version so we can play NOW you fucker
Flecco
iPod is broken.

DeathUnlimited wrote:

baggs wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Very annoying.

What is wrong with it, is the fact that pubbing is impossible. Don't even consider playing without friends, it's so frustrating that you will leave in 3 seconds.

At least in my opinion.
Precisely.

I was new. I needed help. I told them this and asked for tips............................

They started a kickvote. This happened three times. Doesn't help that some of the Aussie servers disconnect/crash a bit. Just ask Ty.
baggs
+732|6213
Well i downloaded in the end, didn't take too long and was a new experience for me. So i'm happy, i played for about an hour last night and i literally had to say 'stop playing and exit game' otherwise i'd have been there for hours.

I do like this game, thanks
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Yep. Once you get your head around ambushes in versus that becomes a hell of a laugh. Especially as a boomer.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

Flecco wrote:

Very annoying.
Sometimes games get sensationalized and populated by too many immature players, or not enough people play it, so it's going to be crowded by elites who expect everybody to know by heart all the tips, tricks and glitches. I've gotten kicked for shooting a boomer through a crowd of zombies, even though nothing came of it.

Flecco wrote:

Yep. Once you get your head around ambushes in versus that becomes a hell of a laugh. Especially as a boomer.
Tanks + ledges = epic homerun.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2009-02-18 00:59:25)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6637|IRELAND

ive added you. i PLAY WITH A COUPLE OF FRIENDS AND ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A 4TH PLAYER.  oops caps.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6774|Cambridge (UK)

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Very annoying.
Sometimes games get sensationalized and populated by too many immature players, or not enough people play it, so it's going to be crowded by elites who expect everybody to know by heart all the tips, tricks and glitches. I've gotten kicked for shooting a boomer through a crowd of zombies, even though nothing came of it.

Flecco wrote:

Tanks + ledges = epic homerun.
First (and so far only) Versus I played - No Mercy - last section - I end up dangling from the end of a smokers 'tongue' with thousand (well, maybe like 20 or so) infected hacking chunks from my legs.

Never laughed so much, whilst dying in a game, ever.

Awesome game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard