MemoJAK0803
+2|6809|Wels, Austria
this is my pc:

i've got 1024 mb ram, a x800 xl, a intel pentium 4 processor (3,06 ghz) and a mx510 optical mouse...

is it true, that you must have 1536 mb ram to be able to play at the highest settings???

waiting for answers...

i'm new in this forum and i hope that there some guys who write back!!!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

No. Your graphics card is more important for high quality settings. Ram is important (along with HD speed) for load times. 1gb should be fine, but more is always better (as is faster). I have no idea what the specs/capabilites on the x800 are, so someone else can fill that gap in.

Personally, I have a 6600gt, but between my raid 1 raptors and 1.5GB of ultra low latency ram, I load the game extremely fast and play it very smooth. I'm happy.
dave21
+0|6809
Well your very lucky I join a server and it loads then i have to wait the same amount of time that it loads for the Join Game button to show up
MemoJAK0803
+2|6809|Wels, Austria
that's stupid
Kirks
+0|6818|Portland, OR USA

chuyskywalker wrote:

... Personally, I have a 6600gt, but between my raid 1 raptors and 1.5GB of ultra low latency ram, I load the game extremely fast and play it very smooth. I'm happy.
Nice to have a hardware target.  We were on the same sever and by the time I spawned at the beginning of the round Mr. Tf_Hitman here was alread in the helo half way across the map...At least he was on my side that round.
MemoJAK0803
+2|6809|Wels, Austria
so, which equipment i need to play bf2 at highest settings??? geforce 7800 GTX and a 3,8 ghz processor?...
PsPilot

dave21 wrote:

Well your very lucky I join a server and it loads then i have to wait the same amount of time that it loads for the Join Game button to show up
Ya about the same here..........Is 1 gig RAM really that importanent? I remember waaay back when not alot of people had above 512 whitch was very good for then, but now evrybody has over 1 gig? I have 350 RDRAM on this comp. Also what is the best kind of RAM?
EnigmaDux
I got a 6600gt/td-128mb and 2gb of fast DDR mem. Plays excellent in normal settings
MemoJAK0803
+2|6809|Wels, Austria

EnigmaDux wrote:

I got a 6600gt/td-128mb and 2gb of fast DDR mem. Plays excellent in normal settings
normal settings?!?!!!!?????

with 2 gb of ram!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you're sure you can't play at the high settings???
CampKing
+0|6811|Sweden
I have 1024 mb of ram and a P4 3.0 + 6800GT/256 mb.
I play att 1152X864 with most of the settings at high ecxept from texture , lightning and shadows at medium.
Got about 50fps ingame.
The game runs smooth but the loadingtime is a bit anoying. The game loads farly enough but then it has to validate the data and it takes about 50 - 60 sec Why on earth is it that takes so long time ???
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6809|Cheshire, UK

PsPilot wrote:

dave21 wrote:

Ya about the same here..........Is 1 gig RAM really that importanent? I remember waaay back when not alot of people had above 512 whitch was very good for then, but now evrybody has over 1 gig? I have 350 RDRAM on this comp. Also what is the best kind of RAM?
Both me and my mate had a significant performance improvement from doubling our RAM to 1024. We're kinda on the bottom end of the CPU/GPU requirements atm so that probably has some bearing.
TheOneVader
+0|6817
I'm going to be making my own computer soon, and I was probably just going to keep my Radeon 9600. Do you think this will be a good enough card to play on high settings, if I have about 1GB of RAM and around a 3Ghz processor?
MemoJAK0803
+2|6809|Wels, Austria
no way !!!
i have a x800 xl and 1 gb of ram!!!

it works!!!
no, IT WORKS NOT (HIGH SETTINGS)!
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

AMD Athlon 3200 XP, 1 GB RAM DDR 400 dual channel, ATI X800 XT PE. Game runs smoothly mostly on high settings. loading time could be better, but that can be improved with more RAM and a faster CPU. Graphics card is not a problem...
fire1811
+1|6810|Illinois
I have 2GB of ram
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6818|-
Shall we turn this into the "Post your Computer Specs" thread then?

AMD 64 3000+
Radeon 9800 PRO
1024 MB Corsair DDR RAM

Run on medium settings at highest resolution.
MemoJAK0803
+2|6809|Wels, Austria

B.Schuss wrote:

AMD Athlon 3200 XP, 1 GB RAM DDR 400 dual channel, ATI X800 XT PE. Game runs smoothly mostly on high settings. loading time could be better, but that can be improved with more RAM and a faster CPU. Graphics card is not a problem...
i can't understand this
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6809|Cheshire, UK
And coming in at the bottom of the stack...here's duffry's system...

:(AMD 1900+
:S1024 iffy RAM
:(gForce 5200
:)160Gb Seagate Baracuda (8mg)

Everything lowest but it works (was a shock at first).
Gonna be building an SLI rig though, soon as the money from selling the house comes through.

duffry.com does not condone the selling of ones own property to further fuel your gadget/gaming addiction.
Your home may be at risk if you play BF2 too much (what ever that means).

MemoJAK0803 wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

i can't understand this
Funny, it was you're post that had me confused.

Last edited by duffry (2005-08-06 08:00:21)

section9
+9|6817|USA
4 gigs
Double-0-Kills
+1|6813
HA - I play on a laptop - but it's not all bad - 3.2GHZ HT intel proc, Radeon 9700, mostly meduim settings - and it runs just fine - little long on the load time - but that's because of the lack of ram to work with. (only 512)
Cimlite
+1|6814|Sweden
I have 1gig of RAM and running a 6800GT card. Though my framerate is top notch, I do get some stutters from time to time as the game loads the map for the first time. I keep background applications/services to a bare minimum and overall try to keep a tidy system... but the game does need a lot of memory to run flawlessly.

I've tried adding another 512mb that I borrowed and it did sort it out, the stutters dissapeared. It's not a big thing the game is certainly playable but I belive that if everything else is high-end and your running maxed out settings... going over 1024mb can be worth it.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6809|Cheshire, UK

Double-0-Kills wrote:

HA - I play on a laptop - but it's not all bad - 3.2GHZ HT intel proc, Radeon 9700, mostly meduim settings - and it runs just fine - little long on the load time - but that's because of the lack of ram to work with. (only 512)
Upgrade your RAM dude!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Cimlite wrote:

I have 1gig of RAM and running a 6800GT card. Though my framerate is top notch, I do get some stutters from time to time as the game loads the map for the first time. I keep background applications/services to a bare minimum and overall try to keep a tidy system... but the game does need a lot of memory to run flawlessly.
I get the same thing at the very beginning of the map for about 10-20 seconds. Like the level didn't honestly finish loading.
MemoJAK0803
+2|6809|Wels, Austria

section9 wrote:

4 gigs
come on, that's not true...

but why!!!

1,5 GB are enough!!!

well, which graficc. do you have??? don't tell me:
A GeForce 7800 GTX
section9
+9|6817|USA
6800 sli