+1,452|6386|The Gem Saloon

Jenspm wrote:

right..............

12/f/taiwan wrote:

max wrote:

I wonder how long before the moral fags take over this thread
Parker.
yes, it is right.
this is where i was brought into this thread.
if you cowards want to steal things, i could give a shit less...but at least keep my name out of the thread, or i will tell you what i think.

Jenspm wrote:

Anyways, as Uzique has said about 5000 times, Piracy-moral debates are completely useless because nobody, except the so-called moralfags, cares.

Parker wrote:

if you cowards want to steal things, i could give a shit less...but at least keep my name out of the thread, or i will tell you what i think.

Jenspm wrote:

What one could debate, like max has been attempting (only to be told he doesn't know law, lmao),
i know, im laughing as well.

here this whole time a lawyer has been telling me it is completely legal...yet we have this thread...about some guys that are in trouble with the LAW over priacy.

like i said earlier....max should really set them straight, seeing as he knows the laws so well.

Jenspm wrote:

is whether or not one can punish people who pirate, download warez, host trackers, etc.
looks like the people in the OP are going to get punished...

Jenspm wrote:

One could also debate, as has been done a million times, if the music industry has gained or lost money due to piracy, and whether or not their sales would increase if piracy was, say, reduced by 50%.
and as i have already stated, this isnt about supporting artists, nor is it about supporting a certain industry.

it is a basic fucking principle in society that you DO NOT STEAL THINGS.

work for your money, you may have some better insight then.

Jenspm wrote:

Howerver, debating piracy-morals is such a waste of time. It always results in people getting up on their moral high-horses thinking they're superior to others, while the rest don't fucking care.

Parker wrote:

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6189|Winland

Parker wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

What one could debate, like max has been attempting (only to be told he doesn't know law, lmao),
i know, im laughing as well.

here this whole time a lawyer has been telling me it is completely legal...yet we have this thread...about some guys that are in trouble with the LAW over priacy.

like i said earlier....max should really set them straight, seeing as he knows the laws so well.
(I'm writing this completely unrelated from the rest of the piracy drama here, move along.)

The thing with TPB is that they don't have shit to do with any of the illegal things. They're just a phone book. A phone book isn't illegal for listing the phone number of a drug dealer, right?

That's what all the TPB fuss is about.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-02-23 13:21:53)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Parker
isteal
sticking with that analogy...

a phone book is not illegal.
having a persons number in that book is not illegal.

but if that person was like, "HEY I SELL DOPE, CALL 111-111-1111 FOR THE HOOK UP.", that would be illegal...which is basically what these guys are doing.
Wreckognize
+294|6477
https://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5292/thepiratebaya.gif
Parker
isteal
im sorry, was there a point you were trying to make?

or did you just stop by to hop on the bandwagon as well?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5756|Belgium

Parker wrote:

Maybe he just wanted to share TPB's new homepage with us
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6189|Winland

Parker wrote:

but if that person was like, "HEY I SELL DOPE, CALL 111-111-1111 FOR THE HOOK UP.", that would be illegal...which is basically what these guys are doing.
This is more like the phone book company writing "We list the numbers of all the drug dealers", and run an ad campaign for it. Still doesn't make it illegal to list the numbers of drug dealers.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Parker
isteal

Freezer7Pro wrote:

This is more like the phone book company writing "We list the numbers of all the drug dealers", and run an ad campaign for it. Still doesn't make it illegal to list the numbers of drug dealers.
ok then, now it has turned into a "Drug Dealer Phone Book", which would be highly illegal.

either way, the cats that this thread is about are in LEGAL trouble....over something which a LAWYER has said is LEGAL many times.
doesnt seem so LEGAL now, huh
nothin like reality to come along and crush all those pretty thoughts

EDIT!!!

a little blue bird just told me that max isnt even a lawyer.

fucking golden!

whats that sound?

yep, thats you tumbling down credibility hill...

its even better cause you called me a hypocrite in this very thread.

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6189|Winland

Parker wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

ok then, now it has turned into a "Drug Dealer Phone Book", which would be highly illegal.

either way, the cats that this thread is about are in LEGAL trouble....over something which a LAWYER has said is LEGAL many times.
doesnt seem so LEGAL now, huh
nothin like reality to come along and crush all those pretty thoughts

EDIT!!!

a little blue bird just told me that max isnt even a lawyer.

fucking golden!

whats that sound?

yep, thats you tumbling down credibility hill...

its even better cause you called me a hypocrite in this very thread.

It isn't like a drug dealer phone book. There is plenty of legal downloadable content on the site.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6559|NYC / Hamburg

If you do something legal you can still get sued over it. It's a good strategy to drain your opponent of money. So far there have been no convictions. Presumption of innocence and all that
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

max wrote:

If you do something legal you can still get sued over it. It's a good strategy to drain your opponent of money. So far there have been no convictions. Presumption of innocence and all that
u are the bestest lawyer i have ever ever seen
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Parker
isteal

Freezer7Pro wrote:

It isn't like a drug dealer phone book. There is plenty of legal downloadable content on the site.
but thats what you just described in your analogy.

there is plenty of illegal content as well....at least, thats what the guys that are trying to imprison them think.

max wrote:

enough out of you.

go play lawyer with someone else.
Wreckognize
+294|6477

Parker wrote:

Nope, no point, just thought the cartoon was interesting.

And just because I download music I'm on a bandwagon now?  I breathe too, does that mean I'm on the breathers bandwagon?
Defiance
+438|6663

Wreckognize wrote:

And just because I download music I'm on a bandwagon now?
No, you're on the bandwagon because by posting that comic you make your side evident but you don't have a point.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6212|Phoenix, AZ
sooo.... anyone know whats going on with TPB? As in the current case?
Wreckognize
+294|6477

Defiance wrote:

Wreckognize wrote:

And just because I download music I'm on a bandwagon now?
No, you're on the bandwagon because by posting that comic you make your side evident but you don't have a point.
Oh lawd! God forbid I should POST on a FORUM! WONT SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!

GodFather wrote:

sooo.... anyone know whats going on with TPB? As in the current case?
I've been following the case here:
http://torrentfreak.com/

Last edited by Wreckognize (2009-02-23 20:50:34)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6316|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

You're not correct or wrong, fuck I don't have all day to come on here and quote-breakdown your ass to intellectually fellate myself...
The statement was referring to our differing interpretations of the morals example, something which I interpreted correctly (i.e., not intended to directly refer to piracy), and you didn't. Considering the post only followed his, that was really rather evident.

I also like how you quietly try to back out by proclaiming you don't have the time to debate this, while heavily implying you would win - it really means you can't respond.

I honestly cannot believe you're typing me dissertations on economic definitions of money and the social implications of modern-day morality.
Since you obviously don't understand them, I thought some enlightenment would help you become a better, more educated person.

I just come to this thread to recommend people to the good torrent sites, as that was very much the topic of discussion before the holier-than-thou kids came along.
Considering its about a bunch of likewise arrogant asshole getting arrested for leeching the efforts of others and contributing nothing to society, it was going to happen, and this was only assisted by the juvenile comments of others with their pointless, immature, insults and obvious intention to engage in an argument. Considering torrent discussion really isn't even supposed to happen on Bf2s, you aren't in any position to argue from the position of the wronged. Stop pretending you are being victimized, because you appear incredibly pretentious.

It's a pointless argument that will never be settled, I said it in my first post and I said it again. You can challenge me to an intellectual dick-swinging contest all day long, I'm not going to seriously bite and properly engage with you or anyone on this topic. I pirate. Fuck you. The end.
Likewise a comment made by someone who is getting owned and needs a convenient excuse to escape from their failure.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2009-02-23 23:55:17)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6189|Winland

Parker wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

there is plenty of illegal content as well....at least, thats what the guys that are trying to imprison them think.
Even if they make noise about listing the numbers of drug dealers, they also list your number.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

I really don't download because I need the stuff, it just fills an emotional void in my heart. Beside that I get bunches of ebooks to read on things and get smarter.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6639
Stealing is bad mkay?

Unless you steal from the rich. They deserve it.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Stealing is bad mkay?

you're a dead man when lowing reads that.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6624|Finland

m3thod wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Stealing is bad mkay?

you're a dead man when lowing reads that.
He wont find it, the title doesn't have "Obama" in it.
I need around tree fiddy.
Parker
isteal

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Parker wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Even if they make noise about listing the numbers of drug dealers, they also list your number.
k.

they are still breaking the law.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6189|Winland

Parker wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Parker wrote:

k.

they are still breaking the law.
So you're saying the phone book companies need to track down every possible drug dealer and remove their number from the phone book?
Parker
isteal

Freezer7Pro wrote:

So you're saying the phone book companies need to track down every possible drug dealer and remove their number from the phone book?
not at all.

here, lets see if you can get it this time;

Parker wrote:

and im still waiting for that point.

maybe try a different analogy?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard