TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6857|-
So, I was playing tonight, nothing unusual, got my L85A1 (medic unlock) out shooting at someone, kill them, and then see this:

https://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3136/wtfisthis3ut.jpg

?

I have no idea what weapon that is, but it was certainly not the weapon I was just using. I've never seen a kill scored like that, and I'm a bit confused as to where it came from.

Any ideas?
Viper_Steel
Think that's a minigun that the choppers use.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6857|-
But the thing is I wasn't in a chopper at the time. Also, chopper kills are usually just scored as "Blackhawk".
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6856|Australia
well i have no idea what it is but it could be a mounted gun on something else but i have had that happen before...
if you get the majority of the damage to the guy that was killed you are awared the kill and the guy who proberly used that weapon to finish him off would have got a kill asssist even tho he killed him...

i dont know if its meant to work like that but does that now and then...

well thats what i figured it to be i could be wrong, happens to me everynow and then too...
DKMaxPain
+0|6857|Tampa, Florida
must have been a glitch, its only on the blackhawk , f15 and f18
JohnCarterofMars
+0|6857
sometimes when you damage a vehicle it will give you the kill or kills from when that vehicle explodes and takes its driver and passengers with it.

I have been the victim of my own attack chopper or armored vehicle many times, as well as, getting credit with a APC kill when i was a anti tank class defending a flag out in the open and not driving an apc. anyway, that still doesnt answer your question trigger, but it might shed a little more light on the subject...
SeeJay
+0|6851|Sweden
isnt that the mounted gun on the tank or something like that then?
voltage
+46|6850|Sweden
The phenomenon JohnCarterofMars is referring to is quite common so the question is: what was the guy you killed doing when he met his fate?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6857|-

JohnCarterofMars wrote:

sometimes when you damage a vehicle it will give you the kill or kills from when that vehicle explodes and takes its driver and passengers with it.

I have been the victim of my own attack chopper or armored vehicle many times, as well as, getting credit with a APC kill when i was a anti tank class defending a flag out in the open and not driving an apc. anyway, that still doesnt answer your question trigger, but it might shed a little more light on the subject...
This happens quite often actually. But I don't think it's the case this time, because as far as I know there were no vehicles even nearby when I killed the guy.
Leonnoe1
+2|6735
Blackhawk doesn't have a  20mm cannon on it. It has the M134 I think. Or whatever it was they were changing in the 1.2 patch.
This thing: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/m134.htm

Last edited by Leonnoe1 (2005-12-14 18:10:43)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6757|The United Center
i think SeeJay is correct.  i'm pretty sure thats the gun on top of the tank.

either that or you hack.  knock it off.  seriously.
midgetspy
+3|6838
I have no idea why that text came up, but M61A1 is a GE minigun... the only place it is in BF2 would be on the F-15. I've killed plenty of people with it though and it only ever comes up as the name of the plane, not the name of the gun *shrug*.

Nic
Jodah3
+1|6749
Even if he was hacking, this thread is 4 months old.  He's reached his statute of limitations
sparklet
Banned
+34|6758|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
ill tell you waht happened i figured it out
say r flying ur f15 drop ur bombs then bail out bfor the bombs hit the ground the kill wul register MARK 8 GP BOMBS simple in a apc firs a round at an infantry and jump out bfor the round hits the guy it will register 20 MM CANON
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6857|-
Who dug up this old thread?! Silly people...
sparklet
Banned
i am right though
SilverHawk
+0|6719
It's the M-61A1 6 Barrelled 20mm Vulcan Cannon. You know, the boomstick of fighter jets when their fancy missiles run out?
sparklet
Banned
^^^^^^^^
im still right u are to but i explain it
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6753|Vienna- Austria
the gun on top of an abrams is a BMG 50 Cal.  FYI
a 20 mm cannon is usaully used by a-10 thunderbolt and various other jets of the US
gatorlova
Guess who!
+17|6006
lol
Roc18
`
+655|5801|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

gatorlova wrote:

lol
ban
rdx-fx
+955|6601
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/89/Vulcan1.jpg/300px-Vulcan1.jpg

Wikipedia Entry on M61 Vulcan

It's pretty much the standard "gun" of any USAF Fighter Jet since 1955. 

M195 = AH-1 Cobra "gun"
M2 = .50 Cal machine gun on top of M1
GAU-8 = A-10 "gun"

The Phalanx anti-aircraft "gun" on the carrier is also based on the M61A1, but has a different model number

Short version: you got whacked by an F-35, or an f-15.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2009-02-22 15:43:30)

gatorlova
Guess who!
+17|6006
lol
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum

gatorlova wrote:

lol
don't be a tool
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy