Poll

Will you buy BF3 based on your experience with BF2?

Yes72%72% - 122
No27%27% - 46
Total: 168
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

No. If they aren't making time and effort of at least polishing up a new engine to look like that CGI intro (if it's valid), I'm skipping out.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-20 20:42:37)

Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6646|Annapolis, MD
Maybe There will be a Wake Island 2147 where the bay is frozen and you can figure skate to the other side... As long as it isn't all mech warrior, I'll buy. It will be the same kind of gameplay; the preview showed soldiers, helicopter like aircraft, mechwarriors as tanks, transport-like vehicles, etc.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
that one movie clip of claiming to be bf3 reminded me of Mech Warior
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6731|Rochester, NY
okokok they are dumb... Its called MechWarrior, Halo and Star Wars. Let those games do the future and ask ur company to fix the current BF2 bugs!
JAMER
+3|6673
I think it looks pretty good.  The cloaked sniper is sweet!  Can you say "Nuclear Lauch Detected"?

Blizzard should have done this with the Starcraft Series years ago, instead of that Ghost crap.  Has that been release yet? (LOL)

They need to carry over the ranks to these new games or give special unlocks to the people who have supported BF2.
Rakasan
+7|6837|California, USA
Sure, if there are no crazy sys requirements or excessive bugs.
FrEaK
+1|6783|Finland
will be hell laggy game
voltage
+46|6841|Sweden
I bought BF2 because I liked BF1942, little did I knew that they had introduced features like bunnyhopping and dolphindiving. I will check for this more closely this time. There will probably be ppl who think dolphin diving mechwarriors is in prefect order. Game feeling, what is that? A sci-fi setting will unfortunately allow for all kinds of UT-style jump boots, jump pads, low-grav environments and other exotic features.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
i would only buy bf:2142 if they wont overkill on the sci fi, but develop upon the graphics and add more feutures to the game
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA
I have no interest in "futuristic" robot jox crap. No thanks. Modern Combat is the only way to go. They haven't implemented a fraction of what they could do with modern military equipment. Like others said, a answer to Micro's Halo. A garbage game I may add. The most Graphicall impressive FPS on a console and the most boring.  Others can enjoy. I'll ride the BF2 bubble til it pops.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6689|UK
I'll be too busy with a PS3 to care about this stupid game.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

E7IX3R wrote:

I'll be too busy with a PS3 to care about this stupid game.
ps3 is the ONLY next gen console im even gonna buy, but 900 bucks... well who cares! thats about the price for a lowend gaming pc! mgs 4 all the way when it comes out, i hope bf2142 doesnt have mec crap but advanced weapons and equipment while jets and helis still are there. but NO mechs
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-fe.lep-
+8|6704
Whens the demo being released?
younggun
+28|6644
I hope they focus more on gameplay rather than graphics...
xaven
+25|6734|Berlin
well, looks like any other future laser weapons teeny shit...
Billy_aKa_Dr_GonZo
+5|6622|UK
it looks really gd but lets face it, its not really a bf2 game its something that looks more at home on the xbox 360 or the other consoles. 

my advise how ever would be not to buy it for the first yr as we know that it wont wk unbtil they sort all the bugs out.  got to give it to them thoe best way the beta test a product, sell it at full price then sort it out.

okay im bitiching and lest face it bf2 has come miles sinse it was released and its more mamzing than ever
death_reaper
+0|6656

ECH wrote:

BF3??
BF3: 2142

Original Thread Read it and please vote if you like the idea or not.

I mean someone help me understand something.  How can they be making BF3 when BF2 is not complete?  BF2 is still missing a fully functional, non beta map editor.  Which we never received and, it's been nearly a year later.

http://www.whois.net/whois.cgi2?d=battlefield3.com <---look at what was found on another forum

Here is a trailer of what is claimed to be BF3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoYYUp_PXCY

Here is another so called interview about BF3
http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media2/11 … .3434.html

Update 3-20-06
It's true EA is working on a new BF2142
New Vid Right here
yeah look cool and heck bf2 it geing alittle boring needs more weapons and velicales
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
Well, when I first heard about BF3, I made up my mind.  If it has real-life style weapons, with ammunition, then ya, it wouldn't be bad.  If it has lasers, then a big fat-ass NO. And it looks like it has lasers.  How FREAKIN lame is that?  They've already got Battlefront 1, Battlefront 2, Halo, Halo 2... (those are alright..) plus tons of other sci-fi games that suck, such as MechWarrior.  I'm sorry, but if you're still into MechWarrior, you're a nerd. 

btw, has anyone ever thought about WHY a military force would need a walking garbage can with missiles?  It's like all of the Star Wars wannabees (having a walking armored thing of death is cool in star wars, its star wars, everone knows its fake) tried to combine Star Wars and real-life combat, and they ended up making MechWarrior.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-03-21 13:05:48)

Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6653
Ok now that i just read the posts and watched the vids. I change my vote to NO.

That is bullshit. If i want a futuristic game that I want to run robots and shoot lasers at eachother ill get starwars, halo, or UT.

What a way to fuck up a good game. I play battlefield soley for its realism. BF3 should build on that, making the maps 10x bigger, actually taking a 5 minute chopper ride to the first base. Servers should increase their numbers to 128 or 256 slots. We should have more jets, vehicles, helicopters, and tanks.

For example:

Chinook helicopters
B52 bombers
C5 Transport planes
Stealth bombers NON DECTABLE BY UAV OR SCAN AND UNDETECTABLE TO HEAT SEAKING MISSLES. Like the F-117-A nighthawk and the B-2. Sorry for the harsh reality but this is how it really is with these toys. So if your a towel head fighting americans, your fucked. With that said, to make it not as devastating only allow the stealth fighters to carry a couple missles that are for tactical use only, combined with long flight periods and landings to slow the reload time down. To keep the jetwhores from devastating an area, it would f*ck the game up that way. Also, equip infantry with long range laser designators for the missles to hit. Only make it to where the jets that have the most devastating bombing capability to be easily detectable and hit by anti air. So in theory, good anti air defense means no pesky jets. Likewise, this should make the opposite team use their brains to take out AA before they can hit a base. duh!

Make it to where there is no such thing as a vehicle spawning in. You want a vehicle? You had better request an air drop. I'm not talking about this fall out of mid air bullshit either (like the supply crate). I mean actually have a chinook chopper air lift a humvee for you.

Want a tank? Bust the dozer out and clear the trees and build your own runway for the C5 transport to land their and bring your tank to you. Shit like that would be so cool.

Oh yea, and your C5 isnt going to fly all this in one shot, we need a tanker plane to refuel you so you can get back to base.

We need different types of bombs. Anything from napalm to bunker busters.

Various ground vehicles:

Mine sweeping armor. Real mines are not above ground, they are underneath it. We need a tank with a plow to clear a path for the supply convoy to get to the infantry about 20 minutes away.

Trucks that carry those diployable bridges, each truck has to have a driver to diploy the bridge section to cross a river.

Bulldozers for clearing trees and deforming terrain to make bases, runways, and firing lines.

Also make maps that dont have certain air capabilities. Specifically to eliminate dropping troops at flags just so you can do exactly what i said above. Only be able to transport troops in the air but make it to where they cant jump out untill they are landed. Then designate some maps to actually be able to air drop infantry. Still make it though to where they have to have a staging area and clear paths and shit to do your battle.

Water vehicles:

We need to bring back the destroyers and subs like in bf42. Equip destroyers with anti air capability, tawmahawk cruise missle, and artillery capability. Also anti cruise missle capability.

Also, artillery needs to be more flexable. Allowed to be dismounted and transported to anywhere on the map. Be able to provide consistant fire and be able to be adjusted left or right while laying down fire. No recharge times! Long as there is a crew on the ground to man artillery and reload it. Either allow its control to fall in the hands of a commander, allowing him/her multiple screens to operate strikes on multiple points of the map simotaneously. Also with the maps being as big as i said they should be, the arty needs to be able to reach anywhere in the map. Do you want cannons? Fine, allow 1, 2, 5, 10, or even 20 arty cannons if you want. Just have them braught in and transported to the site!

We also need destroyable structures. Example: Tired of the nade whores at the hotel in karkand? Send a team in to level all those buildings from the hotel back to the american spawnpoint, then get a dozer to push all the debris into the street to make it hard for their tanks and vehicles to get through.

That folks, is what I think battlefield 3 should be like. Then just make the laser bullshit an expansion pack that the select few that want to play it, can just buy it and play it somewhere else.

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2006-03-21 13:51:18)

https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX
I understand 2141 is like BFVietnam based on the BF1942 engine. It's not BF3, it's BF 2142 based on the BF2 engine. Thats what I read in an interview with some EA PR guy. Am I wrong or are you all misinformed?

BF1942--->BFV
BF2------->2142
Laurie06
+0|6650
Damm i think that it looks crappy, i wouldnt buy it.

Drunken_Tankdriver- Those are some good ideas man, im not sure about re-fuleing the C-52's but i think think the rest of it sounds great. You should get to work on a mod! Lol.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6650|South Korea.

Drunken_Tankdriver wrote:

I said stuff....
I agree with everything.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6720|Las Vegas

ECH wrote:

BF3??

http://www.whois.net/whois.cgi2?d=battlefield3.com <---look at what was found on another forum
Interestingly enough, they also have registered Battlefield5.com through Battlefield9.com

Hmmmmm......I guess they have no plans for Battlefield 10 at this time
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6720|Melbourne, Australia
wats funny is the game will be so futuristic but i bet PKM'S will still exist cuz there so overpowerd
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6720|Las Vegas
My thoughts are that they are simply creating BF2142 to offer a new revenue stream which can also satisify those who crave a more futuristic battlefield enviornment, while at the same time giving ET:QW a bit of competition (Good luck with that EA/DICE....you've got your work cut out for you there).

Given the fact that they've already purchased the Battlefield5.com through Battlefield9.com domains as of mid 2004, I just don't expect the regular Battlefield 2 experience to be going ANYWHERE anytime soon and you'll most certainly have a choice of which time frame you wish to play in. Think of it this way.  Battlefield 2 is hugely popular.  Why would they chop it down so soon after it came out.  I've been asking myself this question for awhile now.  The obvious answer is that they are not.  They're just branching out the Battlefield franchise from one game into two distinctly seperate games as opposed to just giving our beloved BF2 the axe. 

Everybody wins here.  We have more choices, they make more money.  Thats what makes the gaming world go round.  I fail to see a downside here.  Having to choose between Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 3, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, or any other game which comes out in the near future is quite ok with me.  I've seen plenty of times when stimulating games where damn hard to come by and having more than 2 choices will never stress me out.  It's all good. 

Stop worrying about the demise of the current BF2 world as we know it.  It's not going anywhere.  I'd bet the farm on it.

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-03-21 16:16:53)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard