Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|5635|Derby, England

This will only work on COD4 and it will fix issue where
exe named iw3mp.exe is damaged and game does not load

Screen Shot
https://i41.tinypic.com/30w5qfa.jpg

Download:

Code:

http://nightshifters.co.uk/badhq/COD4%20Crash2Desktop%20Auto%20Fix.rar
Enjoy Breez
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|4908|CA
Thanks, +1 for the contribution.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2009-02-16 13:11:20)

CrazeD
Member
+368|5676|Maine
So...

Before I download a program that mysteriously fixes something that isn't broken by clicking a magic button, what does this do exactly?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|5159|Vancouver | Canada

CrazeD wrote:

So...

Before I download a program that mysteriously fixes something that isn't broken by clicking a magic button, what does this do exactly?
Why would you download it if your game is working in the first place?
CrazeD
Member
+368|5676|Maine
Just curious what it does.
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|5635|Derby, England

CrazeD wrote:

Just curious what it does.
If you had problem with iw3mp.exe then u would know what it does if you dont dont donwload it as you don't need it

This fix is for people that are having issues with iw3mp.exe because its keeps crashing them to desktop

and this magic button will fix that so u don't crash to desktop any more cas iw3mp.exe is fixed now by magic button
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|4908|CA
Didn't fix.

I'm on Vista, might be the problem.  What's weird is this just started happening right as this thread came up.
CrazeD
Member
+368|5676|Maine

Breez wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Just curious what it does.
If you had problem with iw3mp.exe then u would know what it does if you dont dont donwload it as you don't need it

This fix is for people that are having issues with iw3mp.exe because its keeps crashing them to desktop

and this magic button will fix that so u don't crash to desktop any more cas iw3mp.exe is fixed now by magic button
Yes I understand that.

I want to know what this "fix" is. What does the program do when you click the button? Don't say "it fixes it", that's the point ya?
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|4908|CA

CrazeD wrote:

Breez wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Just curious what it does.
If you had problem with iw3mp.exe then u would know what it does if you dont dont donwload it as you don't need it

This fix is for people that are having issues with iw3mp.exe because its keeps crashing them to desktop

and this magic button will fix that so u don't crash to desktop any more cas iw3mp.exe is fixed now by magic button
Yes I understand that.

I want to know what this "fix" is. What does the program do when you click the button? Don't say "it fixes it", that's the point ya?
It deletes some sound files that might cause the crash.  (When selecting a server there is no background music and when in-game there is no music)
CrazeD
Member
+368|5676|Maine
Are you talking about the miles folder?
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|5635|Derby, England

CrazeD wrote:

Are you talking about the miles folder?
That is correct sir but it donr delite miles folder it gets read of 1 of the files in milers folder which is the issue
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+763|5688|United States of America
Didn't work. This is seriously pissing me off. I've tried everything I've seen on the internet and I can't get multiplayer to work.
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|5182
If you have Vista, you need a mic plugged in. Try that.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|4908|CA

DesertFox- wrote:

Didn't work. This is seriously pissing me off. I've tried everything I've seen on the internet and I can't get multiplayer to work.
Sometimes turning Xfire off can work as well.  What's your PC setup?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|5568|Area 51

[HOF]Mercenary wrote:

If you have Vista, you need a mic plugged in. Try that.
You need a mic plugged in for what? For that fix to work or for the game to work and not crash?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,627|4792|Catherine Black

RDMC wrote:

[HOF]Mercenary wrote:

If you have Vista, you need a mic plugged in. Try that.
You need a mic plugged in for what? For that fix to work or for the game to work and not crash?
Sometimes it works on Vista, preventing a crash, nobody really knows why.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|5356|Troy, New York

Finray wrote:

RDMC wrote:

[HOF]Mercenary wrote:

If you have Vista, you need a mic plugged in. Try that.
You need a mic plugged in for what? For that fix to work or for the game to work and not crash?
Sometimes it works on Vista, preventing a crash, nobody really knows why.
Something with the game thinking it needs a mike for the ingame voip. If you really want you can plug iPod headphones into the mic slot, it really doesn't matter.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,627|4792|Catherine Black

h4hagen wrote:

Finray wrote:

RDMC wrote:


You need a mic plugged in for what? For that fix to work or for the game to work and not crash?
Sometimes it works on Vista, preventing a crash, nobody really knows why.
Something with the game thinking it needs a mike for the ingame voip. If you really want you can plug iPod headphones into the mic slot, it really doesn't matter.
If you want you can plug headphones into the mic slot, it really doesn't matter.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
KuSTaV
noice
+947|5515|Gold Coast
Bumping for help.

I get the CTD too, and the fixer download link does not work.

As soon as the level loads (in both MP and SP), the game crashes.

Halp?
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
KuSTaV
noice
+947|5515|Gold Coast
Can anyone please help me?

Ive searched google... to no avail.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|4908|CA
^Update your hardware drivers and try reinstalling CoD4.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard