L96a119%19% - 77
M-953%3% - 14
Dao-129%9% - 38
P902%2% - 8
Other4%4% - 19
Total: 398
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6725|NCFSU2
I really like the G36E, but lately I've been playing support quite a bit, and really dig the MG36.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6716|Tampa Bay Florida

SolidusSnake12 wrote:

PKM is the gayest thing they ever came out with. i personally am a sniper person.
well said

am I the only one who thinks g36e should be an Assault kit unlock?  They could add a GL on it too.  IMO it's too good to be a medic gun

as for the PKM.... blech.  I doubt it would get 10 votes if they hadn't steroidzified it with 1.2

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-03-18 08:27:20)

General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6726|England, UK
DOA. Needed for AT without a doubt. Its devestating at close range. I've taken out 3 guys standing close together, in one magazine. That's 12 shots. Nice.
']['error
Banned
+630|6670|The Netherlands
i'm a sniper so i have the pkm! its the best sniper rifle since 1.2 :p
im anjoying snipering with the pkm, its soo funny, to headshot some1 with an m95 :p
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6814|England
The MG36 is not a "sucky" weapon!!!
']['error
Banned
+630|6670|The Netherlands

noobmurderer wrote:

p90 is funny
i was tking and reviving this guy
he had a p90
he got away once and shot me about 6 times
but it only put me to 5 bars
got my stolen l85 reloaded and killed him again
hehe in this game youre ememy's have a RED tag :p

so repeat me noobmurderer:
i will not teamkill on purpose anymore.
and another 20 times, and every time u tk some1 u say this 20 times:p
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6701|Moscow, Russia

Kobrakai wrote:

The MG36 is not a "sucky" weapon!!!
MG36 is not a sucky weapon when not compared to Phat Kalashnikov Monster.
Terrible_chester
PKM Whore
+16|6661|Prolly on wake.

killaer wrote:

PKM, since I'm a sniper.

XD
ME TOO ME TOO!!!

And I dont even have to wear one of those silly "look-im-a-tree" outfits!!
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6748|Toronto, ON, CAN
I voted PKM, but I still love the jackhammer for that "hey, I am being shot" look at the sky.
playing a 64 player Fushe pass, with only 18 players... this is a requirement. (close range and mines).

Came to that realization after a marathon round last night... it took 2 hours!
kiteboarderni
+62|6706
PKM followed by the newest sniper and then the jackhammer for me!!
skratch-x
+25|6662|NY, USA
I'm approaching my next rank and am definitely unlocking the new sniper rifle.  I'm debating, then, between the P90, MP7, and support gun for the second unlock.  Any advice, with reasons?
Sickness
+0|6650|Killingly, CT

skratch-x wrote:

I'm approaching my next rank and am definitely unlocking the new sniper rifle.  I'm debating, then, between the P90, MP7, and support gun for the second unlock.  Any advice, with reasons?
It really depends. The MP7 kicks in a little range for the Engineer class - although only 2 clips, and you should'nt be necessarily range engaging while an Engineer in the first place. The P90 as I vibe it, is just an upgraded MP5. It feels like it has a little more power, yet nothing spectacular. Most Anti-tank kitters I know still pack that DAO around for obvious reasons. The MG36 is a mixed bag. Think SAW, think the H&K series, think 3-round burst. It has full-auto and 3-round burst firing modes, mediocre power (better than SAW IMO) - but where it shines really is in CQC. I've seen a lot of people use the MG36 to great success. Just don't get caught at the end of the draw distance against another Support w/a PKM. That 3 round burst (even single shots on full auto) won't even come close to the accuracy the PKM has at distance.

My vote would be the MG36.

*Edited for hangover typos.

Last edited by Sickness (2006-03-20 08:35:04)

Umibozu_IT
+15|6673|Italy
well considering only the base unlocks, without sf / ef ones, i'd put them in this order

pkm
g36c
dao12
mk3a1 - l85a1
g3
m95

the pkm is first only due to the 1.2 patch. as for the others, g36c is really a nice piece of weapon. very accurate, even in full auto. the dao12 is a must-have since the base weapons for anti-tank are crap - it's powerful and shoots really fast - no chance for the enemy in cqb. the jackhammer is deadly in cqb, the only problem is that 33% of the times you empty a whole magazine to kill a single enemy. l85 with the last patches has been improved and now it's a powerful rifle, moreover the sights really help at long distances. g3 is powerful but useless for medium - long distances, and last the m95 is pretty useless, you can kill in 1 shot even with the m24, and i find way more accurate the basic sniper rifles. m95 can kill through helo and planes cockpits but how many times does that prove useful? 99% of the times helos and planes are flying and the chances to get an headshot are really low.

Last edited by Umibozu_IT (2006-03-20 09:46:50)

lord_tyler_486
+54|6778|Upper Franconia
Im wondering why nobody likes the M95 ?!?!!
However; M95 + PKM 0wnz
JimKong
+31|6668|Ohio
If only the G3 had a bigger ammo clip...
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6790|Dallas
If this poll would have pre patch you would see about 2 votes for the PKM.
skratch-x
+25|6662|NY, USA

Sickness wrote:

skratch-x wrote:

It really depends. The MP7 kicks in a little range for the Engineer class - although only 2 clips, and you should'nt be necessarily range engaging while an Engineer in the first place. The P90 as I vibe it, is just an upgraded MP5. It feels like it has a little more power, yet nothing spectacular. Most Anti-tank kitters I know still pack that DAO around for obvious reasons. The MG36 is a mixed bag. Think SAW, think the H&K series, think 3-round burst. It has full-auto and 3-round burst firing modes, mediocre power (better than SAW IMO) - but where it shines really is in CQC. I've seen a lot of people use the MG36 to great success. Just don't get caught at the end of the draw distance against another Support w/a PKM. That 3 round burst (even single shots on full auto) won't even come close to the accuracy the PKM has at distance.

My vote would be the MG36.

*Edited for hangover typos.
Thank you for the very in depth reply :]
Hey, you must be the same Sickness I see on EA servers all the time.  It's always fun playing with you when I'm not on USMC running for the hills in my F-35B haha.

And Cougar - the PKM was always pretty good, but not as devastating.

Last edited by skratch-x (2006-03-20 15:31:56)

J=MAN
+25|6684|OZ

noobmurderer wrote:

p90 is funny
he had a p90
Check out NoobMurderer's stats - he's got more TKs than Ks!

http://bf2s.com/player/noobmurderer/

NoobMurderer, thank goodness I'll never see you on my regular servers here in Oz.
This is one n00b you'll never murder.

But back to the topic:

PKM - My second unlock; regretted it untill 1.2

DAO-12 - Never played AT until after I got this baby!

G36E - "From my cold dead hands!"

Next unlocks: L96A1 and MG36
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6711|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
L85A1 or the l96A1 already got the PKM
superakk
+0|6673|Queensland
Voted for
1. PKM
2. G36E
3. G3
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6733|67.222.138.85

noobmurderer wrote:

how is LOWERING your points statpadding?
teamkills are -4
i am hindering myself
and screwing over other peo0ple because you think its funny. I hate people like you.
wraparoundww
+-1|6691|Cleveland, OH
1. SCAR L

2. PKM

3. G36c
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6754|Madrid, Spain

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Spark wrote:

noobmurderer wrote:

p90 is funny
he had a p90
WARNING
WARNING
WARNING
STATPADDER ALERT
STATPADDER ALERT
STATPADDER ALERT
Yer a noob... you can't revive enemies, so he would be losing points for tks.
pwnt

this guy should be reported and banned, holy s***! look at his stats.... wtf

anyway my unlock choice would have been SCAR but not on list so I chose DAO, nice weapon, even if I hate antitank though...
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6770
Now it is obvious the PKM is the best weapon in the game.  It is worse than the noob tube.
My fav is the g36e
L9 and DAO are great too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard