Poll

Who would be interested in a BF2S "dreamteam" clan?

I'm interested... sounds neat.82%82% - 197
Dumb idea, makes me think too hard.17%17% - 41
Total: 238
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6683|UK

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Well the "clan" would start off as something casual...

We would allow people to wear bf2s tags that come into Ventrilo or Teamspeak and actively take part in filling up the BF2S server.

As for dreamteam... I would suggest that there be minimum "stat" requirements... nothing too demanding. I.E an spm of 1.5 and a K/D of 1. This isn't putting too much emphasis on stats, but, atleast is a good barometer to see if the player can compete. BF2S is based around stats... that's why many of us were attracted to the site in the first place.

Leadership... I think the current BF2S mods and admins should be the leaders. I'd like them to make this a reality. I would be all for it.
At the moment I have a spm of 1.4 and K/D ratio of .97 and rising. So hopefully I'll be okay
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6777

i am in but let's not call it a clan.  i hate the word clan.  so cliche...

how bout the "BF2S Worldwide Network"?
Schw3nk3r
+3|6624|Candy Land
Dream Team? sounds a little gay...really
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6843|-

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

tF-afrojap wrote:

Nitro, you head up the U.S. division. FromTheAshes will lead the Europeans. I have personally witnessed Ashes wail over the voip, the man is pro. They will clearly be a valuable addition to the clan when Operation Meatshield rolls around. We are counting on you boys.

All seriousness aside, I like the idea of getting together and playing with more bf2s folk. I say we meet for a couple hours every weekend in the bf2s server and try to get it rolling. (Same for Europeans on the Euro server)
If I rename the server to "High scores 28/7 Kirkwood pistol knife only long time!" it should fill up in no time.

Requirements to join? Don’t think it’s needed. Setting up a space for our community to play together is sufficient. Join with the [bf2s] tag so we know you’re from the forums. If we do this we will be moderating the server during play, so clowns will be booted out very quickly.
As Trig said, if you wear the [bf2s] tag, you're representing our community, let's act like it.
Can you make an official sticky pertaining to this?

Is trigger or you going to be the leader?
We could co-lead it I suppose...
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6734|The Hague, Netherlands

so you guys want people from this bf2s forum to use the [bf2s] tag to play on the bf2s servers.........and the baboons that use it get booted? am i reading this correct or what ?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
MB.nZ
+86|6770|New Zealand

Nyte wrote:

I AM the dreamteam.
You're.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6843|-

-=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| wrote:

so you guys want people from this bf2s forum to use the [bf2s] tag to play on the bf2s servers.........and the baboons that use it get booted? am i reading this correct or what ?
What?
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6778|The Hague, Holland
Hello fellow fraggers!
It is I! Sgt.Gh0st!
Back from the grave..
Its been a while since I last posted here, or even played BF2!
But with the help of Kung Jew ive started to play again!
I gotta tell ya, if we start a BF2s clan, im in for it .
So.. Any place for me ?
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

Requirements to join? Don’t think it’s needed. Setting up a space for our community to play together is sufficient. Join with the [bf2s] tag so we know you’re from the forums. If we do this we will be moderating the server during play, so clowns will be booted out very quickly.
As Trig said, if you wear the [bf2s] tag, you're representing our community, let's act like it.

-im talking about that, so people from this forum can put the [bf2s] tag on, that players know on the bf2s servers that your from the forum. or am i reading it wrong

Last edited by -=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| (2006-03-18 12:03:32)

Lt.Goldman
BF2s EU Server Admin (RETIRED)
+330|6658|The Netherlands
Hm... I think just playing on the server shouldn't give you the 'title'
Because I haven't seen much teamwork on the BF2s EU server yet

I would atleast recommend these guys for the 'title': ArMaG3dD0n, General-Echo, BobDoe
They often play on the server and do work together as a team.

Several times I had the privilege of leading these men (TEAMWORK squad) into battle. I guess we even impressed the enemy commander :

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

...  I´ve seen Goldman, Echo and Armageddon (you really kick ass). Unfortunately I was MEC commander and my team wasn't able to defeat the usmc (only 1 squad had balls) but the round ended almost closely (27:0) and it was a lot of fun.

I´ve seen on my command-screen that you guys often moved in squad (lucky for me, my arty hit you once), this is something that I´ve never seen so far on a server...
Already an EU 'clan' Leader ??
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6696

tF-afrojap wrote:

FromTheAshes will lead the Europeans. I have personally witnessed Ashes wail over the voip, the man is pro. They will clearly be a valuable addition to the clan when Operation Meatshield rolls around. We are counting on you boys.
This is the best idea I've heard so far. The way Ashes teamkills me repeatedly while screaming over the voip is truly professional, and he'll make an excellent addition to the squad.

Seriously though, I'm all for this idea. I think the ground rules layed out by Trigger are a good start. However, most of the people around here strike me as pretty intelligent and level headed, and probably wont need someone looking over their shoulder to make sure they arent teamkilling people for vehicles or doing anything else naughty.
tF-afrojap
+124|6842|SF
the post by EvilMonkeySlayer gave me an idea..

*bam* *bam*

*bam* *bam* *teamkill*

In 2005, a bunch of roommates were addicted to Battlefield 2, who were accused to be h4x0rs for a h4x they did not commit. These men promptly alt-tabbed, and checked their stats. Today, still wanted by DICE/EA, they survive as leet e-warriors. If you see a padder, if no one else can help, and if you can use the SEARCH, maybe you can hire... the [bf2s] statwhorez.

*cue music*
tF-afrojap
+124|6842|SF

-=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| wrote:

-im talking about that, so people from this forum can put the [bf2s] tag on, that players know on the bf2s servers that your from the forum. or am i reading it wrong
Anyone can wear the tag.. we can't regulate that anyway. All I'm saying is, if you're going to wear it outside the bf2s servers, keep in mind that you are representing us. Remember, we're dicks, not assholes. We're out to hunt them GODJOEYs and Nitros.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6747|Toronto, ON
Can I wear it?
Alpha as fuck.
tF-afrojap
+124|6842|SF

Nyte wrote:

Can I wear it?
Absolutely not.

/sarcasm

Just don't get your ass kicked too hard and don't be a jackass.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6647

tF-afrojap wrote:

*bam* *bam*

*bam* *bam* *teamkill*

In 2005, a bunch of roommates were addicted to Battlefield 2, who were accused to be h4x0rs for a h4x they did not commit. These men promptly alt-tabbed, and checked their stats. Today, still wanted by DICE/EA, they survive as leet e-warriors. If you see a padder, if no one else can help, and if you can use the SEARCH, maybe you can hire... the [bf2s] statwhorez.

*cue music*
Question is, who'd be Hannibal, Face, B.A and Howling Mad Murdoch?

I pity the foo' who doesn't choose me.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

tF-afrojap wrote:

*bam* *bam*

*bam* *bam* *teamkill*

*cue music*
Question is, who'd be Hannibal, Face, B.A and Howling Mad Murdoch?

I pity the foo' who doesn't choose me.
you will be B.A the only problem is you cant get in a plane man, you have a extra button as BA : I AINT GETTING IN NO PLANE YOU FOOL.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6778|The Hague, Holland
Id be Face
Ill romance the enemy.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6839|Bryan/College Station, TX
I suppose that I should present this idea now. I was waiting on getting together a set of rules and also some solid ground base for this idea but it seems like we have some interest so I'll present what was discussed on IRC one night.

Basically I was thinking of having a BF2S clan but to have one in each section of the world. Because our community is so vast and because ping times to BF2S servers is kind of bad if you are in another section of the world, there was going to be 3 separate sections of the primary BF2S clan.

BF2S-NA (North America)
BF2S-EU (Europe) 
BF2S-OC (Oceania - which is BTW Far East/Australia)

We already have official ranked BF2S servers in the US and in EU. Adding one to the OC area would be up to that group as it's up to these groups to support, populate and fund their servers. Help from the primary BF2S central fund would be up to Chuy.

I was thinking of each sub-group having a Clan Leader (CO) and an Executive Officer (XO). Most likely these would be the ones that are admins on the servers if the owner of the server doesn't want to be CO or XO. In the case of the EU server B.Schuss would be the owner of the server and admin. If he was not the CO or XO then he would have those two also be admins on the EU server. Of course if an admin abuses their rights or priveleges I believe they should be removed as Admins period. We need strict rules and we can't let the BF2S server turn into the crap servers we all bitch about constantly on the forums.

I believe there should be a set of base rules set up for all BF2S servers and clanmates.
I believe these rules should not be compromised in any way.
I also believe that each sub-clan can have their own specialized rules according to their own areas in addition to the core rules.

Map rotations are up to the owners of each server and up to either clan vote or sectional forum vote.
I believe that only those of the server area should vote on maps. (i.e. US/Canada for US server, European members for the EU server etc.)

Those are my ideas and I would love to be involved in this project.

Cheers.

P.S. - I agree with Trigger's comment that we should have rules that are without question. That anyone part of the BF2S clans should hold themselves as good players. Any breach of rules that were mentioned in that comment should result in being kicked the clan. Period.

P.S.S. - Idea was come up with colaboration with mikeshw, the_heart_attack, tsintzu and random commentary from polarbearz.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-03-20 21:03:43)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6833|A Small Isle in the Tropics

The location of the Oceania server is going to be tough.. i think for best ping results, its best that the server is hosted in Australia, if ever it happens. Where I am I can get somewhat decent pings to Aussie servers but Australians cant get decent pings with server in South-East Asia, e.g., EA TH, EA SG etc.

Last edited by mikeshw (2006-03-20 20:58:32)

Maj.Do
+85|6747|good old CA
hmm sounds like a neat idea but im in a clan wherei can have multiple clans
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6839|Bryan/College Station, TX
I don't have an answer to that problem unforunately.

The problem I am speaking of is those of the community that want to be in the BF2S-## clan and also want to be part of their previous clan. 

I personally don't know how we want to approach this. For those of us that don't have any sort of clan right now this isn't an issue but obviously there are those that are part of an old clan they want to remain a part of. I personally don't have issue with those that want to be part of two clans as long as they don't bad mouth either clan to the other clan. Nor do they try to screw one clan over to favor the other clan.

Because the Prefix can be changed this shouldn't be an issue. So if you are a [WiH] at one point and then a [BF2S-NA] at another, that is easy enough to change when you log in.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Maj.Do
+85|6747|good old CA
ill just stay with my clan, i dont think ewc would fit with a BF2s tag
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6837|Cologne, Germany

I like kilroys idea and I would love to participate in such a project. Wether it should be called a "clan", is something we can discuss later, simply because having a "clan" would imply taking part in tournaments and stuff, which is a bit too early at this stage. Right now, we can call it a "gaming community"

In this preliminary phase, we should try to find out if there is sufficient interest among the members.

I agree with trigger, rules should be strict, no kidding.

I already play with the [BF2s] tag on the EU server regularly, mostly together with Goldman, Armageddon, Boddoe, General-Echo, and others.

One side note: if we plan to go from a stats community to a gaming community, we will either need a separate homepage for the clan stuff, or redesign the mainpage to be a portal for both the stats and the clan stuff.

I'd be willing to help with the EU team set up, as I have some clan experience, but it is limited to CS. Dunno if a BF2 clan would be any different to organize though.

I'll sticky this.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard