unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Rohirm wrote:

As always a rumor is a rumor. Still:

Wat.

http://kotaku.com/5146703/rumor-battlef … -comic-con

wrote:

Looks like EA may be bringing the Battlefield series back to World War II, as listings — and a supposed announcement — for Battlefield 1943: Pacific indicate a New York Comic Con showing...

...According to Electronic Arts' schedule at the official NYCC web site, Battlefield 1943: Pacific post cards will be handed out at the show. Yes, post cards. That listing has recently been removed, but is available via Google Cache here. Whether it was removed because someone at EA or DICE had a fit over its stealth reveal or whether the publisher has decided to push the game's official announcement back, we frankly don't know.
FTL.

Battlefield: Vietnam 2 ftw.
Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine
Aslong as japanese CA's are in, I'm totaly good with these news
SkaG-tgn!
+13|5941|London - UK
Is this the new PC instalment of the Battlefield series?

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/main/ … ost2377938

Some eagle-eyed members of our forums noticed a news post on Jeuxactu.com, a French gaming website, reporting that EA/DICE has supposedly announced a new Battlefield game dubbed Battlefield 1943 Pacific, for Xbox 360 and PS3. Here's the article in question, courtesy of Google Translate:

"While the first images of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 are still waiting, Electronic Arts and DICE have announced a new variation of the Battlefield license, which will operate the latest version of the Frostbite engine: Battlefield 1943 Pacific. This umpteenth FPS on the Pacific will allow players s'étriper social Conquest mode on three of the most famous maps of Battlefield 1942: Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Wake Island. Destructible buildings, vehicles flying, rolling or floating, the worshipers of the series will not be at home but frankly can unwind in the idyllic scenery, galvanized by the soft roar of 23 other angry. Hostilities begin this summer on X360 and PS3."

Update: In addition, Kotaku is pointing to a listing of events at the New York Comic Con that indicated "Battlefield 1943: Pacific Postcards" would be handed out. The mentions of Battlefield 1943 have since been removed, but Google has come to the rescue yet again with Google Cache storing the page. Go see for yourself, here's the excerpt that seems to prove the existence of this game:

"Friday, February 6th -2:00 pm – EA Poster Tubes; 3:00 pm – Dragon Age Posters BattleForge 1v1 Tournament – tournament will be held at the BattleForge Kiosk; 4:00 pm – Battlefield 1943: Pacific Postcards; 5:00 pm – BattleForge 2v2 Tournament – tournament will be held at the BattleForge Kiosk; 6:00 pm – Spore Galactic Adventures T-Shirts"

Update #2: According to VG247, BF1943 is real:
"VG247 has learned from a European source that the rumored Battlefield 1943: Pacific is “real, but still under wraps.”
The game will be shown in Europe this week, so we should know more very soon."

Remember that this is just a rumor, but we'll keep an ear out for EA/DICE's official word on this new development. Stay tuned.
No confirmation/refutation from DiCE as of yet.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Hmm, another WW2 game. It does use Frostbite though, too bad they won't just make a BF3, for PC's, with it
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6424|USA
Weird
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SkaG-tgn!
+13|5941|London - UK
bleh, I didn't bother checking the non-Battlefield sections...

Apologies.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Np your post is still pretty good.

Maybe post it in that thread too?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
Merged.
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5532|Stoke, England
Make a WWI game
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6556
Battlefield 1943 Confirmed!

DICE Announces Battlefield: Bad Company 2

DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced Battlefield: Bad Company 2™, the sequel to last year’s blockbuster title. In this installment, the Bad Company crew again find themselves in the heart of the action, where they must use every weapon and vehicle at their disposal to survive. The action unfolds with unprecedented intensity, introducing a level of fervor to vehicular warfare never before experienced in a modern warfare action game. To get ready for the assault this winter, players can prepare for action in Battlefield 1943™, an all-new multiplayer game available this summer via PlayStation®Store, Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace and on the PC.

In Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the ‘B’ company fight their way through snowy mountaintops, dense jungles and dusty villages. With a heavy arsenal of deadly weapons and a slew of vehicles to aid them, the crew set off on their mission and they are ready to blow up, shoot down, blast through, wipe out and utterly destroy anything that gets in their way. Total destruction is the name of the game, delivered as only the DICE next generation Frostbite™ engine can. Either online or offline, enemies will soon learn there is nowhere to hide. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be available for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the PC.

Using the same Frostbite™ engine, Battlefield 1943 takes players back to WWII. The game offers endless hours of 24 player multiplayer action over three classic and tropic locations; Wake Island, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. Delivering the award-winning through-the-gun and vehicle warfare online experience DICE is best recognized for, Battlefield 1943 will have players battling in ruthless aerial dog fights and intense trench combat. Players can see the game in action at New York Comic Con (Booth #1441) from February 6th-8th.

"Bad Company 2 takes everything that players liked in the original and ups the ante – more vehicles, more destruction and more team play,” said Karl Magnus Troedsson, Executive Producer Battlefield Franchise, DICE. "Battlefield 1943 is a new take on a blast from the past classic coming to life with brand new technology that we’re eager to get into players hands.”

To sign-up for the Battlefield Heroes™ beta, players can visit www.battlefield-heroes.com. For more information on DICE, please visit www.dice.se or www.ea.com. For more information on the Battlefield franchise please visit: www.battlefield.com.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
JoshP
Banned
+176|5659|Notts, UK
BF1943 and BF:BC 2 will both be available for the PC, PS3 and 360 according to EA's official websites for the respective games

Interesting, as 1943 appears to be similar to Heroes in that it looks small and cheap; also - could BF:BC2 be the next incarnation of the "true" Battlefield series? (i.e. what we've basically been calling BF3)
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

JoshP wrote:

BF1943 and BF:BC 2 will both be available for the PC, PS3 and 360
Gay
Battlefield 1943 takes players back to WWII. The game offers endless hours of 24 player multiplayer
Gay
zennappi
+3|5554|FINLAND
that looks like new version of 1942
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN
Thats fine by me.  I love WW2 shooters.  I sooooo can't wait for this one.
chile1
+2|6276
Theres a trailer for Battlefield 1943, go to http://battlefield.totalgamingnetwork.com/  or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTu5AgY03c0 to see it, looks pretty sick!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

liquidat0r wrote:

Merged.
And merged again ... we don't need heaps of threads saying exactly the same ... that's why we have the DAST section
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6319|Belfast

Sidsnot wrote:

Looks too much like heroes.
i was going to say that

still
looks like shit

however a Vietnam game based on the Frostbite engine would be

but 24 player miltiplayer

hahahaha

Last edited by henno13 (2009-02-05 09:21:35)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

henno13 wrote:

Sidsnot wrote:

Looks too much like heroes.
i was going to say that

still
looks like shit

however a Vietnam game based on the Frostbite engine would be
It does look a bit crap because of that, but it is going to be good. Need to upgrade my damn computer.

When does windows 7 come out by the way?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5902|CA
I wonder how many of these haters who have already deemed this game to be shit, proclaimed that EA sucks, and that game consoles cause cancer and aids will buy the game anyhow.  I'm guessing at least 80%.
Fredline
+13|6590|Seattle, WA
Anybody know the release date or System requirements yet?!?
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Fredline wrote:

Nope ... but 2010 sounds like a good guess
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK

Varegg wrote:

Fredline wrote:

Summer 09, like it says on the site.

Gosh Varegg

or wherever i saw it rofl

Last edited by Kptk92 :D (2009-02-05 10:05:16)

Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Kptk92 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Fredline wrote:

Summer 09, like it says on the site.

Gosh Varegg

or wherever i saw it rofl
Oops .. wrong thread, that would be BFBC2 me thinks in 2010 no?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard