Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Bill Gates Just Unleashed a Swarm Of Live Mosquitoes On A Room Full of Geniuses

https://i44.tinypic.com/1scf91.jpg
In what is probably the coolest conference-talk attention grab I've ever heard of, Bill Gates apparently just released a swarm of mosquitoes into the crowd at TED, the geniuses-only mind meld. Holy shit.

"Not only poor people should experience this," the Tweetosphere has Gates saying as he released the swarm into the audience. Malaria is a cause that Bill and Melinda have been hitting hard with their philanthropy, and this is certainly a way to drive that point home.

No word yet on the size of said swarm, or confirmation that they weren't actually infected with malaria for that matter, but as far as stunts go, this is prit-tay fucking awesome. We would know.

Bravo Bill—your sense of humor does geeks proud. [Valleywag, Twitter, Photo: jurvetson/flickr]
Kudos Mr.Gates, mucho kudos.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

That's not awesome. That's mean and annoying. I'd be pissed off at him, I fucking hate mosquitoes; they always go for my damn calves.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

The fact that it was a bunch of geeks makes it palatable. .. I can imagine it and yes it is funny.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Hmm, that's true I guess. Geeks who never go outdoors and live in air-conditioned spaces 90% of the time do deserve to experience at least one mosquito bite in their lives.

I'm hoping a video will surface sometime soon
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

mtb0minime wrote:

Hmm, that's true I guess. Geeks who never go outdoors and live in air-conditioned spaces 90% of the time do deserve to experience at least one mosquito bite in their lives.

I'm hoping a video will surface sometime soon
I've got a vivid imagination I guess. I'm just seeing a bunch of overweight men running around screaming like girls and tripping over each others laptop cords.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6218|Phoenix, AZ
I would be so fucking pissed at Bill Gates

Like wtf, Mosquitoes in a closed room?

What a dick.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

GodFather wrote:

I would be so fucking pissed at Bill Gates

Like wtf, Mosquitoes in a closed room?

What a dick.
I don't think they locked them in . I'll wait for more details before passing judgment... it could have just been a ploy (not really releasing them). It certainly would be an attention grabber though.

MS has been releasing bugs for years.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine

Kmarion wrote:

MS has been releasing bugs for years.
Nice one.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Bill Gates is the real blood sucker.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
NantanCochise
+55|5976|Portugal/United States

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Oh come on, at least hes doing something to help. I can think of many other billionares who have not contributed squat to society.
andy12
Banned
+52|6655
He has the best lawyers in the world at his disposal, he could release killer bee's and get away with it.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6195|Winland

TheAussieReaper wrote:

I would agree, but Bill Gates has actually become quite nice lately.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6487|Gogledd Cymru

Freezer7Pro wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Lately? He's been giving large proportions of his income to charity for ages.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Haha, what a legend!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6195|Winland

The Sheriff wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Before it was just to keep MS looking nice. Nowmore, it seems he actually almost cares.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Ioan92
+337|5720
I can't help myself but think of this as I read this thread:

https://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/original/mr.%20burns.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Freezer7Pro wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Before it was just to keep MS looking nice. Nowmore, it seems he actually almost cares.
I know, what's up with that?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Benzin
+576|5996
Bill Gates has always cared, dude. You can't call Bill Gates a blood sucker or anything. Maybe Steve Ballmer - but certainly not Gates. Gates is the man.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
They were only mosquitoes, though. We should wait until he talks about the dangers of killer bees.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
What an asshole. Punching everyone in the crowd isn't "edgy".
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Geez, a lot of Gates ass kissers here.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6764|UK
Basically if those mosquitoes have malaria Bill Gates would be fucked, im pretty sure purposely infecting people with a virus/bacterium is illegal. Therefore im pretty sure he either lied, suggestive manipulation to make people think they are getting bitten, or the mosquitoes were screened for malaria.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria
He probably got the mosquitoes from a breeder in research facility. They would be completely healthy then.
And seeing as he is donating to and involved in the cure of malaria, I think he has the contacts to get a jar of mosquitoes.

Besides, think a bit more logically:
Releasing infected, bloodsucking, flying insects from a jar in a closed room would most likely get him bitten too.
I doubt that potentially infecting a bunch of geeks with malaria is worth the risk of contracting it himself.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6130|Scotland!
a jarful of mosquitoes isn't a swarm and I'm pretty sure he didn't UNLEASH THEM upon the crowd either.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6576|Columbus, OH
B.G. is Darth Sidious; he plans to extract their DNA from the blood and clone a vast nerd army.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard