Rs_Dragongod
+2|6286
I've read through some of the various guides here and haven't figured out how to fix my problem.

I'm running bf2 on Vista 64 bit,
Every 15-20 seconds in game I get a message flashing on the screen showing that I'm having connection problems.
Its enough to kill me in a firefight or crash me when I'm flying a chopper or plane

At first I thought it was my Antivirus (trend micro).  So I disabled that completely while I play and am still experiencing the same issues

Can anyone else shed some light on this?
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6286
It seems these issues do not happen at all during single player.

If that helps with diagnosis.
SGT_BlueHawk
+5|5583|U.S.A.
Have you tried selecting a single processor to handle BF2.exe? I'm totally guessing that you have a x2 (dual-core) processor. If this is the case, you simply start BF2. Once you're on the login screen, ALT + TAB your way out to the desktop, press CTRL + ALT + DEL and select the tab with the processes listed. Right-click "BF2.exe" and click Set Affinity. Once, the window comes up, deselect one of the cpu's. Approve the changes by clicking OK. You should not have anymore problems. Again, I'm just guessing. I could be completely wrong, but this solved a whole host of issues for me. The occasional crash to desktop is inevitable though.
Simon
basically
+838|6676|UK
This only happening in BF2? No connection problems in other games?
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6286
I'm running some type of quad core processor, I'll get the specs later as I'm posting from work
9600 gt, 6gb DDR2 uh...640 gb hd

I'm starting to think it could be my wireless router, which is a lynxis.

Trying to research port forwarding but I'm not that tech savy :S
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6017|The Mitten
I've had a similar issue, except I'm running XP x64.
The only difference between your problems and mine, though is that the message for me is always there, i can't even play.

Edit: see here

Last edited by Morpheus (2009-02-04 17:26:50)

EE (hats
SGT_BlueHawk
+5|5583|U.S.A.

Rs_Dragongod wrote:

I'm running some type of quad core processor, I'll get the specs later as I'm posting from work

The hardware you listed really has no bearing on the matter. However, try my single processor "Set Affinity" fix a few posts above. Simply follow the fix, but deselect 3 processors instead of only one. If you're trying to play over a wireless connection, that is definitely a cause for concern. How strong of a connection are you getting? If you check your wireless [b]adapter[b/] settings, that may reveal some options to resolve the issue. I always make it a rule of thumb to play multiplayer games over a wired connection, but that's just me. You need to get a wireless router that is giving you a constant connection. I'm referring to a router that's designed for gaming. Many routers are designed for simple internet browsing, etc. I haven't really had this issue before, so I can't give you a solid answer as to what kind of router you need, but I would imagine that this problem has come up multiple times for other people if it was the wireless router. Having said this, if your router is fairly new, then I would imagine that this is [b]not[b/] the problem you're dealing with.
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6286
Alright, I'll try the single processor fix when I get a chance

The reason I posted the specs is because I wasn't having this problem with my old computer, bf2 was running great on medium to high settings (yet I was using the same router).

I know its wireless and I would get a better connection from a hardline connection, but as it wasn't causing trouble before I thought it might be something to do with the computer hardware.

Oh well, thanks for the advice BlueHawk
SGT_BlueHawk
+5|5583|U.S.A.
Anytime. Hope it works out. I know how frustrating these things can be .
[Jett-CC]-Megadeth_Fan
Teh Ultimate Lurker
+16|6592|Kansas City

Rs_Dragongod wrote:

I bet you're getting interference with your wireless....switch to a different channel and retry
SGT_BlueHawk
+5|5583|U.S.A.
Great point.
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6286

[Jett-CC]-Megadeth_Fan wrote:

Rs_Dragongod wrote:

I bet you're getting interference with your wireless....switch to a different channel and retry
The problem did lie with the wireless, but changing the channel didn't do much.
I snaked a cat 6 cable through my wall just because I was fed up,

It works flawlessly now
DankKUSH
Banned
+17|5579|FLORIDA
I have the same problem and I run wireless for my internet. I guess I should get a cable going directly to the router. Does anyone know how much one of these cables costs and where I can buy it? I'm not that smart with computers.. thanks
Rs_Dragongod
+2|6286

DankKUSH wrote:

I have the same problem and I run wireless for my internet. I guess I should get a cable going directly to the router. Does anyone know how much one of these cables costs and where I can buy it? I'm not that smart with computers.. thanks
50 foot Cat 6 cost me 18.99 at Frys.

Any place that sells computers or parts should carry them.
DankKUSH
Banned
+17|5579|FLORIDA
Thanks for the info man, I'll have to get one. My connection problems aren't that bad, some days they are worse than other days. It isn't a life ender so I'll put off buying the cord til it really gets on my nerves.
Brasso
+1,549|6648

Rs_Dragongod wrote:

DankKUSH wrote:

50 foot Cat 6 cost me 18.99 at Frys.

Any place that sells computers or parts should carry them.
you don't need CAT6.  CAT5e will be a lot cheaper.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard