Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6639|Washington, DC

Fin.

Seriously though, anyone got any tips for an aspiring pilot? I'm decent with the J-10 in downing other jets, but who isn't? I need tips with dogfighting and missile evasion in the other jets, and bombing with all the fighters (fighter-bombers are easy for bombing).
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

dogfighting-

ALWAYS keep them in your sights, slow down in you have to, approach with bomb sight on always

missile evasion, hard lateral turns short ups followed my steep banks works
Hurricane
Banned

That was my main strat for downing their fighters (The F-18 is decent, so that's a feat for me >.>). Fly up, lock on, then when they drop flares I go to bomb mode so they feel as if their measly 5 flares that take 40 seconds to reload did something. Then follow a bit, then once they're level lock on and missile away!

That missile evasion technique worked well for me against the jets, but the stationary missiles (particularly the Essex) are a pain, I can barely avoid them when I do.
Maj.Do
+85|6760|good old CA
idk for me i go straight real fast then make a turn using a or d.  On my joystick its easier
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

with the essex, make sure to stay out of its line of fire, seen here

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/ticongeroga/essex.gif

it has insane air coverage, so stay low to the ocean until you can strafe the guns
The Soup Nazi
+18|6796|North Lauderdale, FL
Even better idea, don't attack the carrier with jets.  That's just begging to get shot down.  And isn't it more fun fighting jets that are in the air rather than on the ground?
Hurricane
Banned

Yes, but it's also fun to strafe the carrier for all those USMC guys who don't udnerstand the idea of 'spawning on your other spawn points'.
Maj.Do
+85|6760|good old CA
lol u think its fun, u just wait for me too shot u down with my gau18
Silver18
+10|6634
(although im not too good at dodging missiles) I find that putting on the afterburners and making a sharp turn works for me.
noobmurderer
Banned
+1|6633
u cant avoid j10 if ure in a f35 or bomber unless the pilot is retarded
just shoot straight up, drop your flares, and dive way down

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard