Parker
isteal
+1,452|6386|The Gem Saloon

VicktorVauhn wrote:

He didn't "do drugs on film" he smoked some weed at a party, and with out him knowing some one got a picture. You make it sound like he shot a film about how much he loves weed
i smoke weed.

i smoke at parties too.

the difference between me and a world class athlete?

i MAKE SURE that im not on film smoking weed.

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Yes, what ever works for the person... So stop making judgments and acting like your better.
not better, but in this case, MUCH smarter.

VicktorVauhn wrote:

At the point where you already have a few million and are set for life, I would rather do what I enjoy rather then living a way I don't want to just for more money.
right on.

what does financial stability mean later on in life anyway?

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Saying you would rather avoid things you enjoy just for the pursuit of more money when you already have millions is a bit sad. But hey, what ever works for you.

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Yes, what ever works for the person... So stop making judgments and acting like your better.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6384|Southern California

Parker wrote:

what does financial stability mean later on in life anyway?
Pretty sure he will be more then stable. The majority of his sponsorships have happened. How many more month of him being a high dollar sponsor do you think he has left?
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6698

ghettoperson wrote:

Fucking geeks. If you need to attach your computer to every battery you can find, you honestly have no life.
Is this comment confusing to anyone else?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6386|The Gem Saloon

VicktorVauhn wrote:

How many more month of him being a high dollar sponsor do you think he has left?
enough months to make a public apology...

at least in his opinion
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Fucking geeks. If you need to attach your computer to every battery you can find, you honestly have no life.
Is this comment confusing to anyone else?
I'm pretty sure it was directed at Freezer.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6479|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Parker wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

How many more month of him being a high dollar sponsor do you think he has left?

at least in his opinion
It was only weed. If he would have been in a car that was pulled over while they were stoned, he would have lost sponsors. This story will be dead in less then a month and he will keep getting paid and keep getting high.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6384|Southern California

Parker wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

at least in his opinion
lol, canned apology from PR agent. If my smoking weed ever becomes a national news story I will give one of those for $60.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

DesertFox- wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Why is he around all those losers? I'd party with multiple-gold medal-winning friends if I were him.
because its fun?
I must be crazy then, because drinking and drugs are the stupidest things ever to me. When I'm at a party, I see how pathetic people under the influence are. I won't go into the whole speech about this, though. That's DST material.
Not crazy. Closed minded.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America

Bertster7 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

because its fun?
I must be crazy then, because drinking and drugs are the stupidest things ever to me. When I'm at a party, I see how pathetic people under the influence are. I won't go into the whole speech about this, though. That's DST material.
That's true: I am close-minded on this issue now, after having the discussion with myself about the pros vs. cons of drug use.

EDIT: "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."

Last edited by DesertFox- (2009-02-02 04:40:01)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

DesertFox- wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

That's true: I am close-minded on this issue now, after having the discussion with myself about the pros vs. cons of drug use.

Drug use and misuse are two different things in my opinion. People who are a bit drunk don't come across as pathetic, unless you are a really boring puritanical type. People who are completely hammered are extremely pathetic. It's all about self control and moderation.

All things in moderation, that's my motto.
DesertFox-

Bertster7 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Drug use and misuse are two different things in my opinion. People who are a bit drunk don't come across as pathetic, unless you are a really boring puritanical type. People who are completely hammered are extremely pathetic. It's all about self control and moderation.

I know, I applaud you that. Unfortunately, many people require days of hangovers before learning that lesson. You, Bertster, might have had your lampshade days in the past, but you don't strike one as someone whose main goal in life is to be drunk of their ass.
I probably am the "boring puritanical type", though
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6294
Who gives a shit!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Bertster7 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

I resent that comment!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

ghettoperson wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

I resent that comment!
Sorry.

Didn't mean are pathetic, I meant look pathetic....
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Oh that's ok, I'm fully aware I make a complete cock of myself. It just gives me something to giggle and cringe over the next day.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6190|Winland

ghettoperson wrote:

Sigh. You didn't see what I did there, either.

Look at my sig.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

No worries. Ashton has got his back.
http://twitter.com/aplusk
Xbone Stormsurgezz
bennisboy
+829|6639|Poundland
I'm not saying he should be punished (I believe he shouldn't, its not performance enhancing), but dont they usually get banned for that? The canadian snowboarder lost his medals, n recreational drug use in other sports always seems to end up with a ban, so whats gonna happen here?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
bennisboy
+829|6639|Poundland

Kmarion wrote:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/olympicsNews/idUKL26974620090202
hmm I wonder would they accept it if he wasnt such a sporting giant?
Its good news, but they have to be consistent
DesertFox-

Kmarion wrote:

True, without him they would lose much of the teenage-girl demographic.
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6361
Weed slows ya down, it wont speed ya up

Worst case would be "laughing himself to hell because the water is funny".
MysteryJake
+12|6200|California
He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits.
Damnit Phelps you glory hog, that was my event.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

MysteryJake wrote:

He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits.
Damnit Phelps you glory hog, that was my event.
swimmers lungs tbh
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

bennisboy wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

hmm I wonder would they accept it if he wasnt such a sporting giant?
Its good news, but they have to be consistent
As far as I recall, the snowboarder tested positive during the competitions.  Phelps passed drug tests during competition and they only take corrective action during comps, so it seems consistent to me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard