san4
The Mas
+311|6685|NYC, a place to live
You gotta be kidding me.

New York Law Journal wrote:

Panel Rejects Lawyer's Bid To Upset Nunchakus Ban

A federal appeals panel yesterday rejected a petition to overturn a New York law banning the possession of nunchakus - the martial arts weapon popularized by Bruce Lee, consisting of two rods joined by a rope or chain. The petition was filed by home-based solo attorney James Maloney, whose nunchakus were confiscated and destroyed by police. In August 2000, a phone repairman accused Mr. Maloney, of Port Jefferson, of pointing a rifle or shotgun at him. Following a 12-hour standoff, Mr. Maloney was arrested. The police seized two unregistered guns and two nunchakus, which they later destroyed. (NYLJ, Jan. 30, 2007) Mr. Maloney pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, and initiated the present suit, claiming the state law barring nunchakus violated the Second and Fourteenth amendments. In January 2007, Eastern District Judge Arthur D. Spatt granted the state's motion to dismiss. Yesterday, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit affirmed. "It is settled law . . . that the Second Amendment applies only to limitations the federal government seeks to impose," the panel held in its per curiam opinion. It added, "[i] in light of the legislature's view of the danger posed by nunchakus, we find that the prohibition against the possession of nunchakus created by N.Y. Penal Law §265.01(1) is supported by a rational basis." Maloney v. Cuomo, 07-0581-cv.
Who here owns them?
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6484|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
They are actually illegal in a lot of states, it's one of those strange old laws.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
Yeah. I found this out when I was 10 and my friends Martial Arts Instructor told him he can't own them.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6755|Argentina
But you can buy a 9mm anywhere.  Ironic, isn't it?
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

sergeriver wrote:

Well you have seen what those things can do in movies, dudes with nunchucks tear dude with guns apart!
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696

sergeriver wrote:

Um, no?

You know how hard it is to obtain one in New York(especially the city), legally?

Last edited by 12/f/taiwan (2009-01-29 08:35:45)

SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

12/f/taiwan wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Um, no?

You know how hard it is to obtain one in New York(especially the city), legally?
Not here, I can go down and have one in less then a month.
san4
The Mas
+311|6685|NYC, a place to live
It's weird because you can make them at home. Cut a heavy stick in half, attach the two piece with a short rope, then go to jail.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6539|Texas - Bigger than France
I take it Wii sales in New York are gong to plummet
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5929|CA
Nunchucks are one of the few weapons that you actually inflict more damage upon yourself than your target.  Most people are better off with a brick or a pointy stick.  Besides, who in the NY pops their truck to get nunchucks anyhow?

"Awww sheeeet, he done popped the nunchucks now.  Break yoself, ninja."
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6761|d

GravyDan wrote:

pointy stick.
My pointy stick is always ready to go! lukz.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6840|Reykjavík, Iceland.
They are illegal in my whole country, as well as almost all other weapons.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

'Ah, left-handed nunchuchks!'

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6642

SgtHeihn wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Well you have seen what those things can do in movies, dudes with nunchucks tear dude with guns apart!
Bruce Lee = with nunchucks
/thread

Possession of nunchaku is illegal in a number of countries including Belgium, Germany, Norway, Canada[10], and Spain. In the United Kingdom it is legal to own for martial arts purposes, although public possession is not allowed unless transporting between a place of training and a private address. Legality in the United States varies at state level, e.g., personal possession of nunchaku is illegal in New York, Arizona, California and Massachusetts, but in other states possession has not been criminalized. Legality in Australia is also determined by individual state laws. In New South Wales, the weapon is on the restricted weapons list, and thus can only be owned with a permit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nunchaku
13rin
+977|6476

san4 wrote:

You gotta be kidding me.

New York Law Journal wrote:

Panel Rejects Lawyer's Bid To Upset Nunchakus Ban

A federal appeals panel yesterday rejected a petition to overturn a New York law banning the possession of nunchakus - the martial arts weapon popularized by Bruce Lee, consisting of two rods joined by a rope or chain. The petition was filed by home-based solo attorney James Maloney, whose nunchakus were confiscated and destroyed by police. In August 2000, a phone repairman accused Mr. Maloney, of Port Jefferson, of pointing a rifle or shotgun at him. Following a 12-hour standoff, Mr. Maloney was arrested. The police seized two unregistered guns and two nunchakus, which they later destroyed. (NYLJ, Jan. 30, 2007) Mr. Maloney pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, and initiated the present suit, claiming the state law barring nunchakus violated the Second and Fourteenth amendments. In January 2007, Eastern District Judge Arthur D. Spatt granted the state's motion to dismiss. Yesterday, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit affirmed. "It is settled law . . . that the Second Amendment applies only to limitations the federal government seeks to impose," the panel held in its per curiam opinion. It added, "[i] in light of the legislature's view of the danger posed by nunchakus, we find that the prohibition against the possession of nunchakus created by N.Y. Penal Law §265.01(1) is supported by a rational basis." Maloney v. Cuomo, 07-0581-cv.
Who here owns them?
HAHAHAhA liberal morons......
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5699|College Park, MD

GravyDan wrote:

Nunchucks are one of the few weapons that you actually inflict more damage upon yourself than your target.  Most people are better off with a brick or a pointy stick.  Besides, who in the NY pops their truck to get nunchucks anyhow?

"Awww sheeeet, he done popped the nunchucks now.  Break yoself, ninja."
NINJA PLEASE
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6391|The Gem Saloon

SgtHeihn wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Um, no?

i can walk into the gun store, give the money for the gun, wait about twenty minutes while they make phone calls and fax stuff, and then leave with my new gun
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696

Parker wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Um, no?

i can walk into the gun store, give the money for the gun, wait about twenty minutes while they make phone calls and fax stuff, and then leave with my new gun
Here it takes AGES for any normal citizen(excluding cops) to get a hand gun. Too much money and paperwork just to get one gun legally.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

And can you believe they also banned samurai swords in Britain?

lol

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=98793

But I think banning nunchuks is a little silly. I can't imagine too many people coming under nunchuk attack.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6490|Connecticut

TheAussieReaper wrote:

And can you believe they also banned samurai swords in Britain?

lol

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=98793

But I think banning nunchuks is a little silly. I can't imagine too many people coming under nunchuk attack.
Sounds like ninja discrimination to me
Malloy must go
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6436|King Of The Islands

No big, Michelangelo sucks anyway.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard