sjm
+0|6686
Downloaded and Installed 1.21 this morning from bf2s and have had 8(!) random freezes on 2 different maps/servers, some lasted about 10 seconds but I ended up having to kill BF2 in task manager, on both maps, since it became completely unresponsive. No previous system issues...The game is now totally unplayable! Thank you EA/DICE for your unrelenting dedication to making this game just I little harder to play with each update.

jordan108616
+0|6635
are some of the severs red on your bf2
$kelet0r
+16|6684
that sounds like the ingame mass lag that occurs to the majority of bf2 players
its probably related to the server client communication issue - you may want to check if your connection/system is experiencing loss or choke first rather than blame DICE straight away
sjm
+0|6686
Some of the servers are red because they have a different version, meaning they or you have not yet updated…but what has this got to do with this thread?! Please stay on topic!
jordan108616
+0|6635
shut it
jordan108616
+0|6635
skelet0r
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6758|Hell, p.o box 666

sjm wrote:

Some of the servers are red because they have a different version, meaning they or you have not yet updated…but what has this got to do with this thread?! Please stay on topic!
Thats the right question...  here you can check some of his other postings http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=17283
sjm
+0|6686
hat sounds like the ingame mass lag that occurs to the majority of bf2 players
its probably related to the server client communication issue - you may want to check if your connection/system is experiencing loss or choke first rather than blame DICE straight away
Broadband connection is fine 0 CRC/SDU errors or loss of link/signal in the last few hours and game was working fine this morning pre-patch! I've never experienced anything like this in 370 hours of play.
$kelet0r
+16|6684
have you tried it since on other servers?
find out first - i'd imagine that you were probably playing on high ping servers because most servers havent updated yet
the official release was only a few hours ago
sjm
+0|6686
I tried it on TV2 servers in Norway (I’m in the UK) <50ms ping which are the servers I normally play.
Aslan the Creator
Welcome to duty
+1|6634
Hmmm. That's odd, I had problems like this with 1.2, are you sure it got all updated and everything?  Maybe you should reinstall Battlefield 2 and SF. That's what I'd do.
sjm
+0|6686
It looks like I may have fixed it by deleting all the shader cache directories in "……\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache" and then installing the full (previously using incremental) 1.21 patch. So far no problems...

Last edited by sjm (2006-03-10 07:37:22)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Old issue. Server issue.

Though you could try removing the intro movies, if you haven't done already.

Last edited by Spark (2006-03-10 20:25:35)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
w00tson
+0|6629|Schmuckland

sjm wrote:

I tried it on TV2 servers in Norway (I’m in the UK) <50ms ping which are the servers I normally play.
Dude, why are you coming to the tv2 servers? Worst in the kingdom, they are. Having the same problem as you, will try to delete the cache and see if that helps.
joker8baller
+68|6668
Skeletor- Connection Problem is a common error now. Talked to a lot of people that just got it with the new 1.21 patch... And only with the 1.21 patch >>
w00tson
+0|6629|Schmuckland

sjm wrote:

It looks like I may have fixed it by deleting all the shader cache directories in "……\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache" and then installing the full (previously using incremental) 1.21 patch. So far no problems...
This didn't work for me. Can't play a whole round without dropping out. No gold medals for me >.<
This never happend before 1.21. Oh, DICE, can you never do anything right?

And this is a system freeze problem, not internet connection problem. If I have foobar2k playing in the background, it too will freeze up. Guess I won't be playing anymore until next patch comes or a proper workaround.

Last edited by w00tson (2006-03-13 22:08:36)

EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
+62|6684|FIVE RIVERS OF HELL
I had it happen on Karkand and it has never happened before "1.21" I was in a tank and it just stopped like a hard lock on my computer. My good friend was playing and he could see that I was still in the tank but I couldn't even move the turret. When I opened my task manager it said BF was running. To make a Long story short I had to dump BF and restart, Then it disconnected me and the tank was empty someone jumped in and drove off my buddy watched the whole thing! This is not a internet connection problem I am dealing with either seeing as how my buddy was playing on my second computer with the same exact connection! Fact is I thought it might have been just a one time deal for me but reading this thread it has to be a bug with 1.21!

Strange!

EVIL_STYX OUT!

Last edited by EVIL_STYX (2006-03-13 22:42:03)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6674|Colorado
oy vey...
EVIL_STYX
TANK WHORE
+62|6684|FIVE RIVERS OF HELL

TrollmeaT wrote:

oy vey...
WHAZZZ UP TROLLMEAT!
blogfusion
+0|6617
I'm having the same computer freeze problem. Other multiplayer games are cranking along, no problems. But v1.21 has killed BF2 for me.
w00tson
+0|6629|Schmuckland
Going from 64 player maps to 32 player fixed it for me. Not much of a fix, but at least I can play some bf2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard