It's good, but I expect more still34%34% - 136
... Whatever ...27%27% - 109
This doesn't make me happy10%10% - 43
This patch ruins the whole game!11%11% - 46
Total: 399
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

This poll is here so that there don't need to be amillion little "I hate/love/want-to-sex-up/stab this patch" threads.
SnobbyBoss
SAS Medic
+18|6710
Yay! finally my GFX card works with BF2. Now the latest patch works with my comp. I havenet played it much yet but when i joined a game and IT PLAYED. YAY!. Since it works with my comp i give it the best rating possible.

Last edited by SnobbyBoss (2006-03-09 17:37:48)

NPN_Scorpio
+2|6652|King's Island
I have only played 2 rounds with the new patch yet, but one thing is clear: 1.21 produces twice the framerate of 1.2 on my 9800 Pro, and all the infernal black polygons are gone.

Also, the server ping for the same server was much better, with no lag spikes.
That might have been a fluke, though, but the games runs much smoother now.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6748|Long Island
seems cool so far, cant wait for euro force
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

i lol at this patch, its a joke, i still saw AA crazyness on Oman and the no sound on strike
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6719|UK
kick voting is still bugged, which is very annoying, but generally the word is its good.
shame EA are just shabby at everything.

My other big complaint see post: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=234459#p234459

Last edited by -=88.dNk.88=- (2006-03-09 17:57:45)

sgt_mango333
+31|6622
there aren't any freaking servers with 1.21.  I've got  a choice of like 40 and most of the pings are over 150.  This sucks.
Jennaida
+-1|6644|Sioux Falls, SD

sgt_mango333 wrote:

there aren't any freaking servers with 1.21.  I've got  a choice of like 40 and most of the pings are over 150.  This sucks.
Because most of the ones update late at night. The ones with pings over 150 are over in Europe, where it's midnight and later and they're slow enough to restart.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6704|Singapore
Red tag bug is still here.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6665|The Ville

sgt_mango333 wrote:

That's why I haven't patched it yet
AlphaDrake
+10|6753|Edmonton
Theres like 600 ish now, I like the patch, no issues so far.
buttered noodle
+16|6616|ohio
was playing dalian plant, forgive my spelling and couldn't shoot down a helicoptor for crap, on a good note the missles didn't attack my teams helicoptor just flew off in the general direction of a flare with no twirls or anything ^_^
obmit666
+11|6594|Just the other side of Reality
Who ever it was that acquired the new patch, I take my hat off to them, gawd bless ya sir! Now runs loads better, shame about crappy ISP though.
Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6615|Annapolis, MD
I played on a crappy server (no good ones available) and I noticed everything seemed to run more smoothly. No more failed AT missiles or sniper scopes that don't want to work. Running is less jumpy too.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6759|England
Well my impressions so far:

- Weird directX related error message during install.
- Refused to patch one of the files, had to skip it.
- lost control of PC for ~5 minutes while entire screen was white during install.
- BF2 will now longer run after install, I don’t have the correct permissions apparently.

Well so far so good, will give update if/when I manage to get Bf2 to run…
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6738
lol
joemah
+6|6712

Kobrakai wrote:

Well my impressions so far:

- Weird directX related error message during install.
- Refused to patch one of the files, had to skip it.
- lost control of PC for ~5 minutes while entire screen was white during install.
- BF2 will now longer run after install, I don’t have the correct permissions apparently.

Well so far so good, will give update if/when I manage to get Bf2 to run…
I had the white screen as well as one of my clan mates.
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6622|Spokane, Washington

I find it ok. Havn't really noticed a difference other than Dragon Valley runs at a crappy frame rate but hey, I don't play that map much anyway.
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6599|Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Should edit the main post to display all the patch notes.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6651|S.E. United States
this patch is only 13.9 mb ???
or is there a full patch?
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6698|Madrid, Spain

Unclean009 wrote:

I find it ok. Havn't really noticed a difference other than Dragon Valley runs at a crappy frame rate but hey, I don't play that map much anyway.
that mas has always been fps-unfriendly
LanceSavage28
+1|6637|Canada
How is it that BF2S has the 1.21 patch, but it's not available from the EA website???
HardPoorCorn
+-1|6594
It's refreshing to see DICE releasing small patches that address a few bugs, and not taking months coming up with a patch so large that it introduces a bunch more. I hope they start releasing frequent, small patches that address the long standing bugs.

Maybe EA accidentally let this one slip, but lets hope its going to be a trend.
cam420
+1|6621
Alls i can say is finalley i can hear people behing me and i see the animations again, this is the main reason i wanted this patch so bad
coreinflames
+12|6615
Yay another Patch, soon my computer will be turned into a bleading bandaid.

That is all.

https://sig.gamedrome.com/gen/25465.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard