Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5709|College Park, MD
It seems like a lot of music videos are disappearing. For instance, a couple of months ago there was a music video of Static-X's "The Only"... now I can't find it. Hell, they've even taken down the video for Metallica's "St. Anger " (as if anybody would listen to that anyway).

Has YouTube sold out to the record companies?

Also, it seems like it's not only music videos that have disappeared. Videos for songs that are just a slideshow of images have also started to disappear.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-01-24 15:02:31)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6763|Scotland

They sold out to the record companies ages ago. They can't do anything about it. A record company contacts them, they MUST take it down. No questions asked.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
They also muted two of my AudioSurf videos. Fucking hell. I wish those terrorists would for once attack the REAL infidels, AKA record companies.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-01-24 15:05:35)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6461|The Twilight Zone

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

They also muted two of my AudioSurf videos. Fucking hell. I wish those terrorists would for once attack the REAL infidels, AKA record companies.
Srsly? That sucks. How can a game video do any harm?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6533|South Florida
ive noticed i cant find very many studio (Not live) versions of songs anymore
15 more years! 15 more years!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

.Sup wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Srsly? That sucks. How can a game video do any harm?
It can't, but these are record labels and the RIAA we're talking about. They don't think in terms of what makes sense and what doesn't.

I mean, someone coulda watched my video that got muted, said to himself "Hey I like that song" and coulda then ended up buying all of Nine Inch Nails' albums.

@Mitch same. What I wish they would do is just put one of those small advertisements in these copyright-claimed videos (they've put ads before on other videos, they appear for a short bit at the bottom of the video player). And also puts links (again, they do this with some videos but not all) to buy the songs on Amazon or iTunes.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-01-24 15:16:05)

GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6227|Phoenix, AZ

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I mean, someone coulda watched my video that got muted, said to himself "Hey I like that song" and coulda then ended up buying all of Nine Inch Nails' albums.
I discovered NIN through a video with NIN background music, now I fucking love NIN
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6585|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Youtube are becoming the fail tbh...Try and look for the original of the Cadbury gorilla, all taken down, i had to scan like 20 external site to find one that was not linked to youtube.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6536|Global Command
It's called intellectual property.
The only people that make money off youtube work at google.

Artist have every right to ask that their stuff be removed.
hopes the guys from Rush don't see my channel.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6196|Canada

Mitch wrote:

ive noticed i cant find very many studio (Not live) versions of songs anymore
More and more yes.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

Yeah I've had an Audiosurf video muted, and also had a couple custom Guitar Hero songs taken down with the option of replacing the audio. I'm thinking of doing a shitty acapella version of the songs just to piss people off but also get those videos back up there since they were my most popular.
Wallpaper
+303|6001|The pool
Yeah, had to go through atleast 20 muted videos to find the song I wanted a few days ago
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6205|Winland

Copyright is serious. I hope all stolen stuff gets taken off of YouTube.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
JoshP
Banned
+176|5696|Notts, UK
youtube is bad, this is a good thing

(i lol at my friends who pirate music by finding a program that you give the URL of a youtube vid and it takes the audio out of it.... retarded much?)
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5939|Somewhere out in Space

JoshP wrote:

youtube is bad, this is a good thing

(i lol at my friends who pirate music by finding a program that you give the URL of a youtube vid and it takes the audio out of it.... retarded much?)
If you mean shit audio quality, then yes.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6613|Greenwood, IN
I gave up on youtube already.  I have Project 606 now.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6570|British Columbia, Canada
I use Youtube to sample alot of songs before I download them..

The music Quality sucks on Youtube anyways.. so its not as if people are ripping the music from it and selling it, burning it or anything..
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5724|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Is it just me, or are HD/High Quality versions of videos disappearing too, Jizz In My Pants is no longer available in HD.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6613|Greenwood, IN

TheDonkey wrote:

Is it just me, or are HD/High Quality versions of videos disappearing too, Jizz In My Pants is no longer available in HD.
Simply put... bandwidth.  They probably monitor popular videos that are in HD and remove them unless the company has paid youtube.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5724|Vancouver, BC, Canada

Naturn wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Simply put... bandwidth.  They probably monitor popular videos that are in HD and remove them unless the company has paid youtube.
Pshhht. Google? Controlling bandwidth? Can't be. They're the gods of the internet.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
/Half-sarcasm
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6556|San Diego, CA, USA
Has anyone thought about linking a video inside another video?

What I mean is in Flash you can embed another flash object (typically how flash websites are done).  So you could have your video in the foreground and then the legal video in the background (or in a small picture-in-picture).

Since you linking to a legal copy (i.e. that artist's website with the video or YouTube channel), you're not violating any rules because you haven't copied the song to the soundtrack of your video.

The person viewing the video would essentially be watching two videos at the same time.

Heck, you could have a control that allows someone to change the background music to suit their preference if you wanted.
ParadoXic
+11|5742|Vancouver, Canada
Yeah noticed that too. I was searching everywhere for Concrete Schoolyard by Jurassic 5 but the assholes removed it. What would really bug me is if they start taking off most 90's rap videos. That stuff is hard to find!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6585|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

ParadoXic wrote:

Yeah noticed that too. I was searching everywhere for Concrete Schoolyard by Jurassic 5 but the assholes removed it. What would really bug me is if they start taking off most 90's rap videos. That stuff is hard to find!
Rap video are not so hard...well until they started their shit. But well, if they keep taking down those, soon another site will open and offer us our loved music video. Youtube is gonna lost some feather there.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6319

Make a protest video
ParadoXic
+11|5742|Vancouver, Canada

Roger Lesboules wrote:

ParadoXic wrote:

Rap video are not so hard...well until they started their shit. But well, if they keep taking down those, soon another site will open and offer us our loved music video. Youtube is gonna lost some feather there.
I'm talking about the underground-ish 90's stuff. Not like MC Hammer or anything (although he started in the 80's.)

But yeah that's true, they will probably (hopefully) just be added somewhere else.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard