Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6716
this is awesome that he has pardoned the 2 border guards that were involved with the shooting of the mexican drug dealer... I just heard this on the news on tv... I'm looking for an internet story now

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/edi … 0686.story

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2009-01-19 10:03:05)

Love is the answer
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6645
hurry before I find it   hahha jk
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6716
like em or not... this was a good thing that he did... so happy for the guards and their families... nice
Love is the answer
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Was this really so controversial that he had to wait until his last day in office to do it?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699
1 day before he leaves office and a few weeks after Christmas.

Well better then him not pardoning them.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6736|Salt Lake City

I haven't liked the Bush admin one little bit, but I will give him kudos for this.  A presidential pardon that actually makes sense.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Pardon *commutes

Rodgers said the former agents apparently are not eligible for a pardon, which would nullify the punishment. But they might be eligible for a commutation, which would result in a reduction of their sentences.

“It could be very possible that the pardon attorney may recommend to President Bush that Ramos and Compean’s sentences might be limited to the time they have already served,” Eichler said.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6716
they said they would be released from jail... this will still be on their record though... i believe...
Love is the answer
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Will be released on March 20.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Why doesn't he outright pardon them?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

ghettoperson wrote:

He cant. Look at my previous quote.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina
Well, let's hope the commutation goes well.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

Kmarion wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

He cant. Look at my previous quote.
Oh I thought you meant that was what he actually did. As in by choice. I thought the point of a pardon is you can give it to anyone anyway?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
Good job Bush, now don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
Well this certainly makes up for everything else he's done, from now on, I will look at W in a different light

gimme a break...
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6302
Wouldn't it have been amazing if President Bush would have commuted their sentences on Christmas day. 

Would of been trully inspirational I feel if President Bush would have called the Border Guards families personally to tell them he was giving them each a christmas present for their services to the country.

I'm very pleased he finally did it though.  I remember when this happened and thinking "Why would you let two men who were serving this country be sent to jail like this?".   I thought it was very sad when the men were sentenced.

This is good news.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD

ghettoperson wrote:

I thought the point of a pardon is you can give it to anyone anyway?
that's what I thought too...

And he should have done this much earlier.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-01-19 15:27:16)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

I'm bored so for the hell of it I'll try to give a dissenting view. Mind you I don't believe in what I'm about to post.
Ok here it goes

George Bush once again shows his disdain for the people of Mexico and all Latin Americans by pardoning these two guards. These two guards used a unreasonable amount of force against a man who was only trying to make a living. 8 years of Bush immigration policy has driven many men to act in these ways to only try and support their family's. Once again the U.S. and the Republican Party show their vast intolerance.

Uh best I could come up with.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
If only he'd pardoned OJ instead *sigh*
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6183|Ireland

ATG wrote:

Good job Bush, now don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6577|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Wait...the 2 guy shot dead a MEXICAN DRUG DEALER, and are in trouble for that? Stupid bullshit me say, should be able to pardon them...anyway, hope the commutation goes fine.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Wait...the 2 guy shot dead a MEXICAN DRUG DEALER, and are in trouble for that? Stupid bullshit me say, should be able to pardon them...anyway, hope the commutation goes fine.
I think the main reasons they were jailed for it were:

1) He was unarmed

2) They tampered with evidence

Ten years is too much for that though.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

1) He was unarmed

Shot him in the back (he was running away) as well too, IIRC.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Poseidon wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

1) He was unarmed

Shot him in the back (he was running away) as well too, IIRC.
meh, a drug dealer's a drug dealer. and since he was from mexico he probably wasn't the friendly weed merchant on the corners of 14th and MLK Jr... probably had connections to the guys who are responsible for thousands of deaths in mexico.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6760|San Antonio, Texas
I'm glad that their sentences were commuted. They were doing their job.

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

meh, a drug dealer's a drug dealer. and since he was from mexico he probably wasn't the friendly weed merchant on the corners of 14th and MLK Jr... probably had connections to the guys who are responsible for thousands of deaths in mexico.
...and Texas, California, and so on...

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2009-01-19 17:04:52)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard