sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6760|Argentina
Of course there'll be people saying "Gran Turismo is a piece of shit".

Last edited by sergeriver (2009-01-18 15:50:07)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6552|UK

Have they released the car as an update for GT5P?  I remember we saw the renders of the ferrari california and then we got it with the lotus and citreon. 

I wish they would get a move on with the full game.  Really wanting some new tracks it is kind of getting to the stage that if they dont release the game soon, it will never live up to the expectations which are already monumentally high.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5907|CA
Truly amazing, but Grand Turismo has always been the game where it looked like the road was moving and the car wasn't.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6735|St. Andrews / Oslo

I might get a PS3 just for GT5 tbh It's due for release in December, right?

Everything looks awesome, but the Carbon isn't too great imo.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6540|Long Island, New York
The only way to enjoy a GT game is with a racing wheel. It's a driving sim, after all.

Arcade racers = Controller
Driving sims = Racing wheel
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6760|Argentina

Bell wrote:

Have they released the car as an update for GT5P?  I remember we saw the renders of the ferrari california and then we got it with the lotus and citreon. 

I wish they would get a move on with the full game.  Really wanting some new tracks it is kind of getting to the stage that if they dont release the game soon, it will never live up to the expectations which are already monumentally high.
This kind of quality could be present in GT5, but it's doubtful.  They are thinking beyond GT5.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5704|College Park, MD
I bet it still doesn't have crash damage
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6735|St. Andrews / Oslo

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I heard it will have it.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6760|Argentina

Jenspm wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I don't think it will have car damage.  Ferrari asked them not to show their cars wrecked.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6552|UK

sergeriver wrote:

Bell wrote:

This kind of quality could be present in GT5, but it's doubtful.  They are thinking beyond GT5.
ooo jesus I will be an old man by then :\ 

Hopefully there doing a lot of polishing, during the game, I dunno if you have noticed but when you look in the mirrors, they dont seem to render the background very well.  At daytona, the stands dont have any people in them for instance, and the edges of the track are really blury (more of a batting at flies complaint but one none the less).  And any word on what they have done to the online mode?  I just want the ability to join races against friends, the current system of pick the same type of race, and click join race about the same time as each other and hope you get in the same event sucks.

ps anyone who dislikes GT is a comunist.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6769|Cambridge (UK)
When I saw the thread title, I thought I was gonna have to go off on one again about how that's not a 'render'...

But, that is a render. Well, rendered, that is.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
GT is still shit, though (not that I've ever actually played it!)
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6759|Scotland

sergeriver wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I don't think it will have car damage.  Ferrari asked them not to show their cars wrecked.
That's PRECISELY why it will fail.

You show this perfect render of a car, pure realism, and then negate to have damage on the fucking game? Bullshit.
It's meant to be a hardcore racing game, with beautiful graphics, realistic cars and lovely driving.... yet it has no damage factor in it? Fuck that.

We are in the 21st century of gaming, FPS games are starting to have destructible buildings and car games have had destructible cars for over 4 years now, yet GT5 thinks its above the rest and doesn't have it.

I would buy the game if they had not taken the Ferrari licence but added in damage. What a terrible terrible move.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6473
looks fake
doesnt even look realistic

guess its cause its a console game
lolol
fail by default
non-destructible cars you say? thats as good a simulator as a cancer diagnosis being a christmas present

u herd
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
GR34
+215|6548|ALBERTA> CANADA
Thats not in game STFU thats Real life
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
the above two posts make me weep for humanity

partially because uzique is no longer posting eloquently.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6552|UK

Zimmer wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

You show this perfect render of a car, pure realism, and then negate to have damage on the fucking game? Bullshit.
It's meant to be a hardcore racing game, with beautiful graphics, realistic cars and lovely driving.... yet it has no damage factor in it? Fuck that.

We are in the 21st century of gaming, FPS games are starting to have destructible buildings and car games have had destructible cars for over 4 years now, yet GT5 thinks its above the rest and doesn't have it.

I would buy the game if they had not taken the Ferrari licence but added in damage. What a terrible terrible move.
Am not sure it really matters. 

There is such a thing as too much realism, although, playing bumper cars is a bit shite.  Am not so sure I'd be all that happy pulling a brilliant race and then some bastard smashing into me (most, gran turisimo online players are the biggest cunt faced bastards ever) and ruining my run!.

Polophony couldnt get the penalty system right so I dont hold much hope for damage, I say leave it out.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6624|London, England
It's because if GT was to do damage, it would have to do damage GT style. Which, you guys probably won't even understand how high level it would have to be. So basically, Gran Turismo is more or less a game that either does something properly or doesn't bother doing it at all. Unless they pull off some amazing shit with the PS3, you probably won't see damage until the next gen consoles come.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-01-18 17:13:49)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Mekstizzle wrote:

It's because if GT was to do damage, it would have to do damage GT style. Which, you guys probably won't even understand how high level it would have to be. So basically, Gran Turismo is more or less a game that either does something properly or doesn't bother doing it at all. Unless they pull off some amazing shit with the PS3, you probably won't see damage until the next gen consoles come.
That's... actually one of the better reasons I've heard for the lack of damage.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6503|so randum
Good point mek.

i actually hate having damage in the game, AI drivers are fucking terrible in most games.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Stimey
­
+786|6123|Ontario | Canada
I've always enjoyed the GT games.
However, I was able to pick Forza 2 up for a steal (20 Bucks!) and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed.
Looks very shiny however.
­
­
­
­
­
­
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6676|A sunburnt country
That looks awesome.  I love the GT series, especially since I now play it on my 52inch plasma and surround sound system.  I also have a racing seat, steering wheel and pedals to make it that much better.

GT5 Prologue is a great game for a demo and I can't wait for the full blown version.  I've read that they are working on crash damage and it will be included in the not too distant future.

aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5756|Roma

Zimmer wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

if it's for harcore gamers are you gonna try to crash on purpose?
never in a racing car game i wanted to crash on the wall on purpose, not even with grid.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6759|Scotland

aerodynamic wrote:

if it's for harcore gamers are you gonna try to crash on purpose?
never in a racing car game i wanted to crash on the wall on purpose, not even with grid.
What? Did I ever say that?

When a car hits me or clips me in the back whilst racing, I want to see a dent there or a loss of a bumper. When my car flips over whilst I am doing rally, I want to see dents or a broken window. When my car accidentally skids off the road and hits the wall, I want to see that take effect.

I don't want to see a shiny gleaming and unreal car that's invincible when I am racing. That was why GTAIV was so incredible. The car destruction was near perfect in it.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6222|Phoenix, AZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fIqRk6pYQ8&fmt=18

/\ for HD

oh... my... god...

I will be getting that shit

Thats so nice... like holy fuck thats nice

*fap* *fap* *fap*
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6760|Argentina

Zimmer wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Most people wouldn't want the game without Ferrari.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard