Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I can understand the Nikes (since they do something), but action figures? Tell me a kid sitting alone in his front yard bashing action figures together has more of a social life than a kid playing WoW with a mic.
Nono, you got me wrong. We brought those figures everywhere, mostly school to show off how incredible they were. Then after school we met with friends to endure the most challenging adventures our minds could make up.

The drift nowadays is to do things with your friends, but not directly.Somehow.

But there are of course good things coming along, like the possibilty to easily make friends all over the world, or stay in contact with them when leaving the country (as in my case).
I guess you could call MMO characters the new action figures, and why not? They can do 100 and more things than a stiff-joined Power Ranger or Ninja Turtle.

*You'd be surprised how many WoW lan parties there are. There's even a couple LAN room/computer maintenance businesses around the corner that I can walk into at about any time during hours (and sometimes after) and see 80% of the computers going with people playing WoW, L4D or, at one of the places, tabletop WH40K.
*The staying in contact bit is useful for people just moving out of a county as well as a country. Time used to be, you pretty much had to say your goodbyes and start all over with a new set of friends when you skipped over such a short range as a couple of towns. Kids should be encouraged to make more, sure, but the keep in touch factor is sweet. My earliest taste was with sporadic phone calls and games of Doom, Descent, Warcraft and Heretic. Now I'm still buddies (from casual to regular) with people all over the US and Canada that I've played Diablo, Quake, Jedi Knight and various MUDs with through IM, and would probably have an MMO base if I would've bothered with such titles as EQ or DAoC.
You´re right. I guess they are kinda teh new action figures. No wonder with all the shitty cartoons and animes coming out nowadays.
The thing that bothers me aboout it, is that with these figures, we used to imagine all the world we played in by ourselves, and the computing presents you a fixed, fully evolved world. Sure it´s very vast and detailed and complex, but in the end you fit yourself into something someone else has made up.
That´s what bothers me.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
baggs
+732|6205

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Right now I'm only using QuestHelper and Auctioneer.  Auctioneer is awesome and helps me make a ton of money.  QuestHelper just makes everything that much easier.
Both great add-ons, a lot of people use 'Necrosis' for warlocks, pretty handy for DoT management and the little UI has some handy tricks, you may want to investigate further.

'Cartographer' is a nice map add-on, reveals the whole map for you, adds co-ords to the map also, makes life much easier for finding things. You can also add notes to the world map.

As you are herbing, 'Gatherer' is a must have add-on, gives locations of all known herbs and is imported in direct from the Wowhead database. I use it for mining on my DeathTard, tho if you have grief setting it up, pm me

Have you been getting much help with your Warlock? I.e. understanding what the skills and talents mean to you etc..? Obv you are still experimenting, but there are some hidden gems in those talent trees I was lucky enough to get plenty of help from a warlock in one of the top raid guilds on our server.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436

baggs wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Right now I'm only using QuestHelper and Auctioneer.  Auctioneer is awesome and helps me make a ton of money.  QuestHelper just makes everything that much easier.
Both great add-ons, a lot of people use 'Necrosis' for warlocks, pretty handy for DoT management and the little UI has some handy tricks, you may want to investigate further.

'Cartographer' is a nice map add-on, reveals the whole map for you, adds co-ords to the map also, makes life much easier for finding things. You can also add notes to the world map.

As you are herbing, 'Gatherer' is a must have add-on, gives locations of all known herbs and is imported in direct from the Wowhead database. I use it for mining on my DeathTard, tho if you have grief setting it up, pm me

Have you been getting much help with your Warlock? I.e. understanding what the skills and talents mean to you etc..? Obv you are still experimenting, but there are some hidden gems in those talent trees I was lucky enough to get plenty of help from a warlock in one of the top raid guilds on our server.
https://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6584/73207571ng5.jpg
baggs
+732|6205
Great, you got my message finally
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6596|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

baggs wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

get atlas loot while you're at it, shows you almost all the rare+ items in the game and where they drop. Recount and Omen threat meter are a must for raiding and shit so get those early.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

Did a little page cleanup. You know how TMo gets.

(Although he sees all the posts I deleted).
I need around tree fiddy.
baggs
+732|6205

DonFck wrote:

Tho it's quite amusing to see the kid make a dickhead of himself i'm glad you did it
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

baggs wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Tho it's quite amusing to see the kid make a dickhead of himself i'm glad you did it
As much as you like it he has the right to hate it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...just not in this thread lawl!
Ioan92
+337|5723

Roger Lesboules wrote:

baggs wrote:

DonFck wrote:

As much as you like it he has the right to hate it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...just not in this thread lawl!
Nah I went a bit hard, was bored. Deserved it, but it was hilarious.

colis de tabernak asti ki son pedes ces ga la.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6175|Sydney | ♥

Ive never played wow, not even the demo.

I think people get a peer pressured vision of the game, as addicts that get dehydrated like that asian and have no social life ect.

Im not stating that it isnt true, but im not stating it is neither. I think people can manage a healthy game/rl ratio, even with WoW.

I think it is unfair that people get "Abused" for playing a game that they enjoy. And autmatically get pushed into a stereo type that for most of them i believe is simply not true.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
Sounds like you're proud to be "wow addicted"...
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
baggs
+732|6205

.Sup wrote:

Sounds like you're proud to be "wow addicted"...
Oh not you as well

Anyway, it's not about addiction, it's about enjoying the game you play, whichever game that might be. But ignorance is bliss isn't it?

An earlier post of mine about WoW
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6440|Brisbane, Australia

It's amusing how few replies that thread got baggs. No one really had an argument.

Or Fat_Swinub and marine etc missed it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
baggs
+732|6205

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

It's amusing how few replies that thread got baggs. No one really had an argument.

Or Fat_Swinub and marine etc missed it.
Ha ha yeh, well i guess idiots can't be in all places at all times

It was potentially flame bait stuff, i must have posted on an off day.
Sisco
+493|6344
I would like to find out where that stereotype with "no-lifes" comes from.
Because it´s likely that people are attracted to this kind of game that had no rl-sociallife in the first place rather than losing it because of the game.
Interesting stuff.
Chorcai
+49|6649|Ireland
Seen to many people get lost in WOW and I know I'd get hooked on it, plus I like the whole BF2/COD type games, althou I got World in Conflict man that game is the shit !!! Fooking amazing GFX, nukes, arty, fuel air bombs, carpet bombing. Blowing up Seattle is great crack. IMO WIC is over looked and went under alot of peoples radar. Check it out.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6446|Australia.

tazz. wrote:

I think people get a peer pressured vision of the game, as addicts that get dehydrated like that asian and have no social life ect.
I hated WoW, I stuck to WC3 which i passed numerous times. But one day, I gave it ago.. as a joke I made a character looking like Samuel L Jackson, 3 months later I was hooked. I got to the point I was playing 11-13 hours a day.. just on WoW. After a while I had enough, because I knew it was getting bad, I got my modem and smashed it. Seriously, I didn't use the internet for over a year (Severed my access to Bf2s.com too ) just to overcome it. Glad to say I don't play it anymore, ive gone to England for a second time, gone for a trip around east coast of Australia, landed a good job.

I don't care if people point and laugh, as far as Im concerned i've reformed and it's all in the past.

The temptations of Lich King (which I hear is quite bad) couldn't get me back there.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality
Gotta love all the 'wall hack' programs that you can use to find stuff. You dont want to waste time actually looking for the stuff. Sorta like time only servers for BF2
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6175|Sydney | ♥

Macca wrote:

tazz. wrote:

I hated WoW, I stuck to WC3 which i passed numerous times. But one day, I gave it ago.. as a joke I made a character looking like Samuel L Jackson, 3 months later I was hooked. I got to the point I was playing 11-13 hours a day.. just on WoW. After a while I had enough, because I knew it was getting bad, I got my modem and smashed it. Seriously, I didn't use the internet for over a year (Severed my access to Bf2s.com too ) just to overcome it. Glad to say I don't play it anymore, ive gone to England for a second time, gone for a trip around east coast of Australia, landed a good job.

I don't care if people point and laugh, as far as Im concerned i've reformed and it's all in the past.

The temptations of Lich King (which I hear is quite bad) couldn't get me back there.
See in your case you need more self control. And in the end you found it. Lets hope that you learnt a life lesson through it
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6406|NSW, Australia

mt brothers friend got addicted to wow, awhile bacl he sent all of his mate an email saying "if you wana go domething you have to tell me 24hours in advance so i can tell my guild", his parents stop paying for it so he went out and got a job just so he could pay for wow.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
So I see a lot of talk about people having no lives.

Let's see...I work full time, I go out at night, I watch every televised hockey game, and shortly I'll be going back to school.  And yes, I still play WoW.

I think Sisco10 was right when he said that the people who become addicted to WoW and have it become a problem for them are the people who had IRL problems to begin with and used WoW as a kind of escape.  I play because it's fun, but I'm not anywhere near addicted to it.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6488|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Let's see...I work full time, I go out at night, I watch every televised hockey game, and shortly I'll be going back to school.  And yes, I still play WoW.

I think Sisco10 was right when he said that the people who become addicted to WoW and have it become a problem for them are the people who had IRL problems to begin with and used WoW as a kind of escape.  I play because it's fun, but I'm not anywhere near addicted to it.
That is probably the best way I have ever heard it broken down. The funny thing is it can be applied to all games.
Sisco
+493|6344

SgtHeihn wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

That is probably the best way I have ever heard it broken down. The funny thing is it can be applied to all games.
And the kicker is, the same reasons apply for many people having drug addiction problems (or addiction in general for that matter).

And the "normal" people point fingers and talk and laugh which is a mechanism of pure self-defense as I believe. To seperate one-self from those out of fear one could become addicted. Even if the chances are low due to self-control or else.

Last edited by Sisco10 (2009-01-16 00:49:42)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

SgtHeihn wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

It's true, hell just cast a glance in the bf2 section on this site!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
baggs
+732|6205
It's quite a shame this thread got a bit killed by idiots, was nice to hear how much TMo is enjoying WoW.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard