baggs
+732|6220
After seeing quite a few comments about 'oh i has a life i dont play WoW' bullshit in the threads pertaining to the game WoW, it made me think to how people perceive the game and the people who play it.

I play WoW, i play BF2, i have a full time job, i also have a girlfriend who ive been with now for three years. Yeah tbh a lot of my spare time is spent playing WoW, but thats my choice along with other peoples choices. Id be willing to make a bet that a lot of the people who bash WoW and the time its players spend on the game probably spend just as much time playing game like BF2, WiC, TF2 and all manner of other computer associated games, whether that be on PC or console and it'd be fair to judge that the same people also spend a lot of time trolling Bf2s forums (a minor dig).

It all comes down to how you manage your time, quite simple, i dont really watch tv, dont have a console, dont drink anymore, no other vices in my life so i just like to play WoW when i got nothing better to do. Theres quite a lot of 'jumping on the bandwagon' when the topic of WoW comes around, mostly people (kiddys) are talking outta their arses.

I didnt make this thread to defend the WoW community as a whole, cos yeah i know there are people who do spend 12/18 hours a day on the game on a regular basis, i just get pissed off that i get tarred with that same brush when it comes down to it. Also to add, if you havent played WoW, or if you tried the Trial version or maybe you got to level 30/40 and jacked it in then im afraid you havent got a big arguement to throw at the game. Never before have i played a game that offered so much for what isnt a great deal of money (well to some it may be but i havent got time to discuss the finer points of economics) and a game that is only ever going forward, a game that respects it community and that will outlast whatever some may think is the greatest game in this past 5 minutes.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6486
You realize you're just feeding the trolls with this, don't you?

They love retorts from WoW players, especially ones that involve 'social lives' and 'non-addictive'- that way they can put to use the mountains of evidence they have in their favor that has been extrapolated from hyperbolic media reports and sensationalist articles.

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6700|West Yorkshire, U.K
Yes, people are narrow minded and pathetic but you can't change that.

I don't play, never tried it
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6640|Birmingham, UK

baggs wrote:

i know there are people who do spend 12/18 hours a day on the game on a regular basis
You see what World of Warcraft has done to your mind!? - you think that there are only 18 hours a day and that some WoW addicts spend 12 out of those 18 hours playing the game when we all know that it'd be closer to 16 under those circumstances!

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6462|Chicago, IL
I have plenty of friends who are WOW players, and they all have girlfriends.  I find it interesting that some people here can log thousands of hours on BF2, then criticize a WOW player for doing the same.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6269|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

TheDarkRaven wrote:

baggs wrote:

i know there are people who do spend 12/18 hours a day on the game on a regular basis
You see what World of Warcraft has done to your mind!? - you think that there are only 18 hours a day and that some WoW addicts spend 12 out of those 18 hours playing the game when we all know that it'd be closer to 16 under those circumstances!

I reckon he means more of 12 to 18 hours in a day tbh.

I do think that WoW players are getting a rough deal though. I have never played it and don't want to as it's not my genre, but why bash someone for enjoying what they are doing or playing? It's like bashing me for enjoying my daily shit! I enjoy it yeah I'll admit, bash away.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6640|Birmingham, UK

daddyofdeath wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

baggs wrote:

I reckon he means more of 12 to 18 hours in a day tbh.
I do realise that - I was being sarcastic. *mutters* Note to self: use sarcasm tags every time because it's obviously not obvious...
Simon
basically
+838|6674|UK
I agree, baggs But you can't stop people stereotyping others.. it just won't happen.
+1
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6172|Vancouver | Canada
Anyone who says "You don't have a life." is an idiot, period.

Just live your damn life and stfu about it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard