lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ … me=topNews

annnnnnnnd just how shocked are you?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

It proves what I always though, that Gitmo doesn't work.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

No what doesn't work is releasing terrorists.

I suppose you would be first in line to say Bushes initiatives didn't work if we got attacked again, but since we didn't, you don't credit him
Zefar
+116|6619|Sweden
Makes you wonder if there where that many innocent people there to begin with.

There was a Swedish guy there but he claims he do not know why he's in.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Why take them in the first place if you're going to release them? And GJ on getting one of them acquitted because he was tortured.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France

lowing wrote:

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE50C5JX20090113?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

annnnnnnnd just how shocked are you?
Anything to keep the unemployment numbers from getting out of control.  This guy's got a job he can't do at Gitmo
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6665|NJ

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I suppose you would be first in line to say Bushes initiatives didn't work if we got attacked again, but since we didn't, you don't credit him
We've been attacked numerous times since 9/11?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

ghettoperson wrote:

Also kinda proves they weren't that innocent either.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

Morrell said the latest figures, current through December 24, showed an 11 percent recidivism rate, up from 7 percent in a March 2008 report that counted 37 former detainees as suspected or confirmed active militants.
11% means we should keep them all locked up?  That's lower than our own jails.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK

M.O.A.B wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Yeah?  Don't become a lawyer.

It's quite possible being locked up in Gitmo made them turn to terrorism/extremism to extract revenge.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

M.O.A.B wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Frankly, if I'd been locked up and 'tortured' (depending of your definition of it) by the US, you can be damn sure as soon as I was released the first thing I'd go do was blow up as much American shit as possible.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...

m3thod wrote:

It's quite possible being locked up in Gitmo made them turn to terrorism/extremism to extract revenge.
where did you gain this knowledge

it's certainly not logic

Ghettoperson wrote:

Frankly, if I'd been locked up and 'tortured' (depending of your definition of it) by the US, you can be damn sure as soon as I was released the first thing I'd go do was blow up as much American shit as possible.
yeah you'd really do that you tough guy you

Last edited by dayarath (2009-01-14 14:47:28)

inane little opines
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

dayarath wrote:

m3thod wrote:

it's certainly not logic

Ghettoperson wrote:

yeah you'd really do that you tough guy you
Haha, you're so pathetic it's untrue.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

m3thod wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Yeah?  Don't become a lawyer.

Not the best option, because then trying to prove you weren't guilty goes down the shitter. You're released why risk that freedom? That's like someone convicted of a murder going down when they didn't do it, getting out and then murdering someone.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...

ghettoperson wrote:

Haha, you're so pathetic it's untrue.
a serious no u on that one.
inane little opines
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

If it hurts your delicate sensibilities any less, substitute US and American with any nationality of your choice. I just happened to pick the relevant examples to this case.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

dayarath wrote:

m3thod wrote:

it's certainly not logic
Because blowing shit up is logical right?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

Actually a more effective way of getting back at a country that wronged you -considering you were actually innocent - would be to make people aware of your story and what had happened and shave a few quid off the top for it, then you wouldn't get caught with your pants down and busted again.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

M.O.A.B wrote:

Actually a more effective way of getting back at a country that wronged you -considering you were actually innocent - would be to make people aware of your story and what had happened and shave a few quid off the top for it, then you wouldn't get caught with your pants down and busted again.
Countless people have shared their stories, and you know what the general reaction was?  "Oh, he's probably lying.  And if he's not lying he probably deserved it."

So no, I would have to disagree with your statement.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2009-01-14 14:59:45)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

normal people suddenly starting to blow shit up after being released from gitmo seems illogical to me.
inane little opines
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

M.O.A.B wrote:

Yeah because that's worked out so well for those dudes that have been proved innocent. I have noticed a great deal of difference in US actions since guys have been found innocent. Sure you may get a book deal, but I'd imagine killing the people that did this to you would be more fun.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6168

lowing wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

They don't have to attack you, you are right where they wanted you to be.. on their land.  Why travel thousands of miles when they can kill americans right next door?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

dayarath wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

normal people suddenly starting to blow shit up after being released from gitmo seems illogical to me.
Try getting locked up and having to live with sleep deprivation/water boarding for 5 years, I'm sure that'd be enough to drive anyone to the point of terrorism.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

dayarath wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Well a few years in Gitmo probably would change their status from 'normal' to 'fucked up'.  Perhaps that would throw their logic out the window, no?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...

ghettoperson wrote:

dayarath wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Try getting locked up and having to live with sleep deprivation/water boarding for 5 years, I'm sure that'd be enough to drive anyone to the point of terrorism.
no, that'd most likely drive them to the point of avoiding such a horrible experience. You don't want to be caught in that twice.

Blowing people up and risking yourself being caught again? heeell no.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Well a few years in Gitmo probably would change their status from 'normal' to 'fucked up'.  Perhaps that would throw their logic out the window, no?
did people in the second world war suddenly start massacres around them after they were released from detention, wherever, during that period?

Last edited by dayarath (2009-01-14 15:04:01)

inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard