Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

Although I haven't played this enough to know much about it, I think there should be a car chase. Would be epic. Slow car and fast zombies.

More weapons, definitely.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

Kptk92 wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

Ha my pikey mates will most likely have to fork out for the DLC on their precious Xbox 360 copy of Left 4 Dead, whereas I will get it for free (hopefully)
Valve have never charged for minor updates that should be free.

I don't think anyone has done it on the PC really.
I'm on about the 360.

Valve are finishing up all of the class updates in 2008 to be released on the 360 version this year as well as the L4D DLC. Even if they don't want to charge for it, I'm sure Microsoft will want something out of it.
Yeah, that was why they couldn't update the 360 version like they did with the PC one. AFAIK it will be $10 to get the same stuff PC has for free.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

Zimmer wrote:

Although I haven't played this enough to know much about it, I think there should be a car chase. Would be epic. Slow car and fast zombies.

That actually sounds pretty sick...maybe work it into the mall one. You get out of the mall, get to a slow pickup truck which is barely working, and you have to travel to some mobile fortress (like the one in Blood Harvest).

Could work.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

Ha my pikey mates will most likely have to fork out for the DLC on their precious Xbox 360 copy of Left 4 Dead, whereas I will get it for free (hopefully)

Bethesda is going to charge us PC'ers for the DLC for Fallout3 IIRC
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6742|FUCK UBISOFT

FloppY_ wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

They did for Oblivion too.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
dill13
+67|6194

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

looks like im stuck with the original game
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

dill13 wrote:

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

looks like im stuck with the original game
Yeah probably the same for me... ashame they don't appreciate their fans like Valve does
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6480|Somewhere else

THis is definitely needed, and it better be free.

I bought this game on sale, with a gift card and now that i played it, it's not worth the full price IMO.

Fun as hell yes, but as far as content goes.... lacking.  only a handful of "missions", few weapons, few options, small diversity of enemies.

I'd also like to see larger groups of survivors, maybe ammo sharing too.   Just cause YOU ran out doesn't mean your buddy can't flip a magazine your way, should they have some extra ammo.

hopefully the DLC will put a wider variety in this game, or I bet alot of people will lose interest pretty fast.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

Zimmer wrote:

as awesome as that would be. Moving parts in the steam engine are shit. The lift section of no mercy stops you jumping, if you did you would probably glitch through the floor. Their multiplayer collisions are poor at best.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

Poseidon wrote:

http://kotaku.com/5125547/major-left-4-dead-update-coming-very-soon-to-pc-console
Why bump with that useless article that adds nothing?

Bah.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

http://kotaku.com/5125547/major-left-4-dead-update-coming-very-soon-to-pc-console
Why bump with that useless article that adds nothing?

Bah.
It's just another article/proof that it's coming soon...a lot more reliable than the Xbox360Achievements.org site.

And it actually does add something because a company spokesman just told Kotaku yesterday that it'll be coming very soon, and now we've got an estimated date.

So neener.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-01-07 22:04:59)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

So what's the extra content?

Yeah, that's right. You still don't know. So neener neener neener.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

TheAussieReaper wrote:

So what's the extra content?

Yeah, that's right. You still don't know. So neener neener neener.
Someone's grumpy.

The article mentions what's mostly speculated, if you'd even care to read it...apparentely not.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

nah im not grumpy. sick of not knowing whats in the update though. but <3 pos.

(im out of karma otherwise thats what id send you) ^
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

TheAussieReaper wrote:

I'm sure it'll be Dead Air and Death Toll added to be versus and a new campaign map. Question is, what?

The article I posted also mentioned it's probably going to have to do with the SDK, so that's a good thing for modders.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344

Poseidon wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

I'm sure it'll be Dead Air and Death Toll added to be versus and a new campaign map. Question is, what?

The article I posted also mentioned it's probably going to have to do with the SDK, so that's a good thing for modders.
Most likely, but I doubt there will be a new campaign. The remaining two campaigns need some serious overlooking before they are balanced enough for versus.
I really hope the SDK is coming though, so the community pops out more stuff.

But far more than new stuff I´d like to see some tweaks. Smoker needs some. Useless in most situations. And flying while in zombie spawn mode would be a big help. It´s annoying to fall of a pipe while climbing a building only to miss the opportunity to attack in the right moment .
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada

Sisco10 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Most likely, but I doubt there will be a new campaign. The remaining two campaigns need some serious overlooking before they are balanced enough for versus.
Let's hope they fix the "skipping crescendo moments".

Nothing's more annoying than playing with people who want to skip them by exploiting level design.
You're playing a game solely about shooting Infected. Why would you skip a chance to shoot even more?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

Sisco10 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

But far more than new stuff I´d like to see some tweaks. Smoker needs some. Useless in most situations. And flying while in zombie spawn mode would be a big help. It´s annoying to fall of a pipe while climbing a building only to miss the opportunity to attack in the right moment .
The sdk process is gunna be odd. Most people are clueless atm as to how its even going to work implementing custom maps into the game. theres no server browser, so that brings into to question how people select what custom maps they want to play, and do they need to dl them from the web or will it work in game like other steam games.

Their choice to change the server system has probably caused a hell of a lot of problems at valve now they have to consider how custom maps work rather than using the age old method their other games work.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6446|Australia.
I'd like to see some more background story to it. I know it's hard not to make it sound like Dawn of the Dead, etc. However, more than just a pre-menu cutscene would be nice.

ED: Typo.

Last edited by Macca (2009-01-13 06:34:36)

Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6604|Philadelphia, PA
News about the L4d DLC is here!

The first L4D DLC - called the L4D Survival Pack -- is due for release this spring and introduces a new multiplayer game mode entitled, Survival, plus two complete campaigns for Versus Mode," says the firm. "A Critic's Choice Edition of the game will be heading to retail stores this spring and will include access to all the content introduced in the L4D: Survival Pack. But there's more if you're a PC gamer: "The first Left 4 Dead release for the Source Software Development Kit (Source SDK) will allow the creation of custom Left 4 Dead campaigns that will be discoverable via L4D's matchmaking system." The SDK update is also due this spring and will be free of charge to all owners of the full PC game.
http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=207495

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2009-02-05 10:54:58)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6270
......and the news sucks balls.

• It's worded in a way that implies it'll be charged for. Whether this is so 360 owners don't whine about free PC updates or whether it'll be charged for everyone is unknown. But it's worrying.
  • Spring is fecking miles away. This was supposed to be released soon after release. People are getting utterly sick of No Mercy and Blood Harvest
  • It's only stuff that should have been in the original damn game!

= unhappy community just now.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-02-05 11:05:04)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6195|Schofield Barracks

DeathUnlimited wrote:

More weapons please
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

It's worded in a way that implies it'll be charged for. Whether this is so 360 owners don't whine about free PC updates or whether it'll be charged for everyone is unknown. But it's worrying.
just thinking about that makes me want to fucking stab every 360 owner on the planet
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Kez
+778|5704|London, UK
I hate Microsoft for delaying the release for the PC users.. (

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard