AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6156|what

Kmarion wrote:

Democratically elected after they executed the opposition.
And now we know just how important Israel sees free and open elections in their own country I can imagine what they are about to impose on Palestine.

Or did they forfeit their right to vote by choosing wrong last time?

Serves 'em right I suppose. If you can get it right you don't deserve the vote...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6604|132 and Bush

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Democratically elected after they executed the opposition.
And now we know just how important Israel sees free and open elections in their own country I can imagine what they are about to impose on Palestine.

Or did they forfeit their right to vote by choosing wrong last time?

Serves 'em right I suppose. If you can get it right you don't deserve the vote...
Meh.. Here in the states Floridian and Michigan democrats weren't afforded the right to nominate their candidate.. that's quite a far cry from putting a bullet in each of their heads.

Like this:

CameronPoe wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Do you think that after this "war", Israel will promote another Democratic election to allow the Palestinians to elect another Government other than Hamas?

Not that it will be able to do much, with all the government buildings destroyed.
Hamas fucked their democratic mandate when they shot/killed/imprisoned Fatah in Gaza several months ago...
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6156|what

By all means, prevent Hamas from forming govt. or even running. They are clearly terrorists.

But that shouldn't mean Palestinians are handed an imposed puppet govt. or not even allowed to vote. Hell even Iraqi's were given the chance to hold elections.

Maybe Israel will try to negotiate a new peace deal with a non-existent Palestinian govt. Won't that be fun.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6109|eXtreme to the maX

sup wrote:

The thing that bothers me about Israel is that they make a country of Palestine land, kill hundreds of people at it and when they get bombed by Hamas, all they want is peace. Kinda ironic isn't it.
You need to read a history book.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6456|The Twilight Zone

Dilbert_X wrote:

sup wrote:

The thing that bothers me about Israel is that they make a country of Palestine land, kill hundreds of people at it and when they get bombed by Hamas, all they want is peace. Kinda ironic isn't it.
You need to read a history book.
What do you recommend?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If you want to know what didn't happen, recommend 'Exodus' by Leon Uris.

Apart from that pretty much any historical record will tell you about the thousands of civilians killed by the brave IDF, the thousands of women and children who died in fields in the baking sun fleeing for their lives without food or water from the jewish terror gangs.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6624|London, England
So does Iran/Egypt/Saudi ban all non-Muslim parties from running? Well, Saudi is a given.......it's not like they have any parties in the first place. Iran, dunno, maybe. Egypt?

I can't think of any countries that ban certain parties because of religion..?. Probably alot of those ME countries that the OP said though, but I'm not quite sure. It may just be a case of there not being any significant minorities to make their own political party.
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6305

CameronPoe wrote:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1054867.html

I really can't honestly believe this. 21% of the population of 'the only pluralist democracy' in the middle east barred from standing in 'democratic' elections on the basis of race. There's your fucking reality now Israel-apologists. Don't ever give the bullshit democracy line ever again.
You know, if a certain race of people significantly called for the destruction of, and to wipe my country off the face of the map, hell no I wouldnt let anyone from that race vote in my country.   Ya democracy is good but letting arabs vote in Israel would be the beginning of the end.   Ya its fucked up but I can see why they wouldnt.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

¦TØP¦ Rommel1l wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I really can't honestly believe this. 21% of the population of 'the only pluralist democracy' in the middle east barred from standing in 'democratic' elections on the basis of race. There's your fucking reality now Israel-apologists. Don't ever give the bullshit democracy line ever again.
You know, if a certain race of people significantly called for the destruction of, and to wipe my country off the face of the map, hell no I wouldnt let anyone from that race vote in my country.   Ya democracy is good but letting arabs vote in Israel would be the beginning of the end.   Ya its fucked up but I can see why they wouldnt.
If you're referring to what Iran said, they're not even Arabs

go back to the BF2 section
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
But they're calling for it to be wiped off the map because its a racist apartheid state.
See how the argument is circular?
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6305

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Guess the chance of a free election in Gaza are even slimmer now too.
What gave it away? Was it when Hamas killed the opposition?
No it was when Israeli tanks started to kill the democratically elected govt.
Ok let me get this straight.

The Palestinians voted for Hamas.  Hams fires rockets into Israel.  Israel retaliates.  Now its Israels fault?

Fail Reeper.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

¦TØP¦ Rommel1l wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

And they're not banning Arabs from voting, they're banning Arab political parties.

Reading comprehension, please for your own good.
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6305

Dilbert_X wrote:

But they're calling for it to be wiped off the map because its a racist apartheid state.
Dilbert,, you'll soon realize most people in this forum (like Mekstizzle) are ignorant and dont have the intelligence to comprehend this world with a perception that makes a lot of thingsclear the way you and I see it.  It requires a lot of patience to deal with them.

Last edited by ¦TØP¦ Rommel1l (2009-01-12 16:52:47)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6765

the ME is a giant shithole except for a few countries.  if it wasnt for oil they would be exactly like africa right now.
¦TØP¦ Rommel1l
+8|6305

usmarine wrote:

the ME is a giant shithole except for a few countries.  if it wasnt for oil they would be exactly like africa right now.
I have met some people in my lifes experiences and honestly all of the arabs I have met are people who I think very highly of.  They are kind, sensitive, and warm to others.  More so than any other race of people I have met.

But,, I've never been to the middle east so I dunno.  All I'm saying is that all the arabs I have met are really cool.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

¦TØP¦ Rommel1l wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Dilbert,, you'll soon realize most people in this forum (like Mekstizzle) are ignorant and dont have the intelligence to comprehend this world with a perception that makes a lot of thingsclear the way you and I see it.  It requires a lot of patience to deal with them.
What the hell are you talking about, all I was doing was pointing out basic and fundamental inaccuracies in your stupid post that you made. I didn't bother to actually refer to what you were talking about because it was stupid enough on its own to not need anything like that.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6765

¦TØP¦ Rommel1l wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I have met some people in my lifes experiences and honestly all of the arabs I have met are people who I think very highly of.  They are kind, sensitive, and warm to others.  More so than any other race of people I have met.

But,, I've never been to the middle east so I dunno.  All I'm saying is that all the arabs I have met are really cool.
k i met a lot of cool africans during my time there, does that mean it isnt a shithole?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

usmarine wrote:

he ME is a giant shithole except for a few countries.  if it wasnt for oil they would be exactly like africa right now.
The ME is the cradle of civilisation, mathematics, astronomy, medicine, many others.
They've done well out of oil for sure, good for them.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Dilbert_X wrote:

usmarine wrote:

he ME is a giant shithole except for a few countries.  if it wasnt for oil they would be exactly like africa right now.
The ME is the cradle of civilisation, mathematics, astronomy, medicine, many others.
They've done well out of oil for sure, good for them.
Well actually alot of what is claimed to be ME/Arab/Muslim inventions were actually invented further east, it's just that it was the Muslims who brought it to Europe and now everyone thinks they did it all, not saying that they ain't done shit (well they ain't done shit in a few centuries) but historically speaking, many people have the wrong idea when it comes to things like this.
PureFodder
+225|6288
I'm guessing that a Jewish party would be unlikely to be allowed to campaign in a Palestinian election, so on this issue both sides suck equally.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6408|North Carolina

Poseidon wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah, the Middle East was just a Mecca (no pun intended) of peace before Israel was created. Get real.
Seems there are a lot more conflicts there now doesn't it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co … iddle_East

While there's no denying there's been a substantial amount of violence in the middle east due to Israel's existance, claiming that there were "good ol' times" when the Jewish people didn't have their own country is completely wrong.

Especially considering there have been countless conflicts in which Israel has NOT been involved when it comes to the Middle East.
True...  the Shia and Sunnis have hated each other for ages.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6156|what

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well actually alot of what is claimed to be ME/Arab/Muslim inventions were actually invented further east, it's just that it was the Muslims who brought it to Europe and now everyone thinks they did it all, not saying that they ain't done shit (well they ain't done shit in a few centuries) but historically speaking, many people have the wrong idea when it comes to things like this.
How far East, mek? India certainly had a strong empirical background in mathematics but that wasn't until much later. It was in Iran (Mesopotamia) that the first cities were built and before that first farming of animals.
BVC
+325|6698
In many middle eastern countries, non-islamic or non-abrahamic beliefs are illegal, this varies from country to country.  If certain beliefs are illegal/curtailed, I highly doubt that political parties based around these beliefs are allowed.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6414|'Murka

Well, let's hope the party in question is successful in their appeal to the Israeli Supreme Court.

At least they have that recourse...instead of a bullet to the back of the head.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
san4
The Mas
+311|6691|NYC, a place to live

CameronPoe wrote:

Ever? Not even after an Israeli court invalidates the measure?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard