GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5929|NY/CT

FloppY_ wrote:

GCFC wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Finray, the minimum requirement for Windows 7 is 16GB, not 14GB...
lol i used 8.75 gb
lol, how did that work out for you
fine actually
it was my ubuntu partition
i have...1.68gb left lol
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

GCFC wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

GCFC wrote:

lol i used 8.75 gb
lol, how did that work out for you
fine actually
it was my ubuntu partition
i have...1.68gb left lol
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5717|Vancouver, BC, Canada

JoshP wrote:

@ Finray, not really, try and get at least 10 GB

woodrot wrote:

JoshP wrote:

wat
simple question
windows xp or windows 7 not a hard question turd
nou

it's not that clear, because you didn't explain your situation regarding what you're installing it on, e.g. new system, old system, what you're currently running, etc - why would you install XP if you already have an OS isntalled
I say 7, I was in the same situation this morning, went with 7,

It has a fairly steep learning curve over Vista(About half that between Vista and XP) because of the Libraries and the new Taskbar, but in the end, it's somewhat more efficient.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
I see you guys have been talking all evening. 
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK

TheDonkey wrote:

JoshP wrote:

@ Finray, not really, try and get at least 10 GB

woodrot wrote:

simple question
windows xp or windows 7 not a hard question turd
nou

it's not that clear, because you didn't explain your situation regarding what you're installing it on, e.g. new system, old system, what you're currently running, etc - why would you install XP if you already have an OS isntalled
I say 7, I was in the same situation this morning, went with 7,

It has a fairly steep learning curve over Vista(About half that between Vista and XP) because of the Libraries and the new Taskbar, but in the end, it's somewhat more efficient.
The only thing that actually required me to understand was how that silly libraries thing worked

(and to fix my sound using the new options thingy)

Alll in all extremely easy to use, would be even easier for a user of vista than an xp user because the interfaces are very similar.

@ naturn - yes, i had the tech section page auto refreshing every minute in opera for most of the night
utchin
+8|5914
Just a question: What happens to people who have braught Vista? Do they expect people to buy Windows 7 aswell?? Do they get anything ?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone

utchin wrote:

Just a question: What happens to people who have braught Vista? Do they expect people to buy Windows 7 aswell?? Do they get anything ?
They get a free T-shirt from Microsoft with Win7 logo on it.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6438|King Of The Islands

utchin wrote:

Did you expect to get Windows 98 for free when you had Windows 95?

Microsoft always wanted to release an OS every three years. You are just used to having XP for 8 years. Back in 2001, Microsoft was supporting Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT4, Win2000 and Windows XP, and everyone dealt with it just fine.

Besides Vista SP2 will be just fine.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK

.Sup wrote:

utchin wrote:

They get a free T-shirt from Microsoft with Win7 logo on it.
I got a free MS t-shirt with my vista beta (my dad (who's a teacher) had a pupil whose dad worked for MS)

Last edited by JoshP (2009-01-11 08:14:08)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
Man I can't get rid of this MSN taskbar button.  Its suppose to be on the right side next to the steam and xfire buttons but its on the taskbar like a normal problem.  It won't minimize to that area.

https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/Windows_7/msn_bug.jpg
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6670|The Netherlands

Naturn wrote:

Man I can't get rid of this MSN taskbar button.  Its suppose to be on the right side next to the steam and xfire buttons but its on the taskbar like a normal problem.  It won't minimize to that area.

http://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploade … sn_bug.jpg
I think it is supposed to stay there. Bit annoying though.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK

Nessie09 wrote:

Naturn wrote:

http://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploade … sn_bug.jpg
I think it is supposed to stay there. Bit annoying though.
correct, that's how it works
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
But why...?  Thats so stupid it should at least give you the option of putting it with the notification icons...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5788|Catherine Black
K I tried Acronis, shrunk my partition by 14Gb, created a new partition of 14GB, hit commit, and it restarted, and when it booted it said operation complete. I looked in my computer, said the C drive had 14GB of space, and when I tried to install Win7 there was a partition of 78Gb with 14GB free and 14MB of unpartitioned space. Tried to do it again, but Acronis now gives me an error message when I try to start it up.

Last edited by Finray (2009-01-11 10:17:47)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK

Naturn wrote:

But why...?  Thats so stupid it should at least give you the option of putting it with the notification icons...
report it to MS, lolz

@ finray, erm, no idea
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland

Finray wrote:

K I tried Acronis, shrunk my partition by 14Gb, created a new partition of 14GB, hit commit, and it restarted, and when it booted it said operation complete. I looked in my computer, said the C drive had 14GB of space, and when I tried to install Win7 there was a partition of 78Gb with 14GB free and 14MB of unpartitioned space. Tried to do it again, but Acronis now gives me an error message when I try to start it up.
So put it on the partition with 14GB. You don't need that 14MB anyway, just leave it unallocated.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK

kylef wrote:

Finray wrote:

So put it on the partition with 14GB. You don't need that 14MB anyway, just leave it unallocated.
nonono, (i think) he means that there's only 1 partition (the original one, including free space which was supposed to turn into the other partition) instead of 2 partitions, one for xp one for w7
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5788|Catherine Black

JoshP wrote:

kylef wrote:

Finray wrote:

nonono, (i think) he means that there's only 1 partition (the original one, including free space which was supposed to turn into the other partition) instead of 2 partitions, one for xp one for w7
Bingo.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN
Yes! I figured out how to disable the stupid windows sound management!  Where it would automatically adjust volume the volume.
TheDonkey

JoshP wrote:

Naturn wrote:

report it to MS, lolz

@ finray, erm, no idea
What's strange is that Digsby(third party messenger) also dock with the rest of the taskbar, yet, uTorrent stays on the right.

My solution is to put Digsby/MSN on the farfarfar left right beside the start button.

Am I the only one that thinks that the new MSN is crap?
FloppY_
­
https://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/DjurS/Untitled.png
I <3 Win7
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK

TheDonkey wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Naturn wrote:

report it to MS, lolz

@ finray, erm, no idea
What's strange is that Digsby(third party messenger) also dock with the rest of the taskbar, yet, uTorrent stays on the right.

My solution is to put Digsby/MSN on the farfarfar left right beside the start button.

it's not particularly good, and a few useful things (such as BRB, Out to lunch statuses etc) have been removed, but that's about it

oh and they removed sharing folders

yeah, it's not particularly good IMO
FloppY_
­

TheDonkey wrote:

JoshP wrote:

Naturn wrote:

report it to MS, lolz

@ finray, erm, no idea

MSN 9 > MSN 8

BY FAR

edit: @ Josh, Sharing folders were crap... drag-n-drop send&recieve = win

Last edited by FloppY_ (2009-01-11 13:10:15)

JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK

FloppY_ wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

JoshP wrote:

report it to MS, lolz

@ finray, erm, no idea

MSN 9 > MSN 8

BY FAR

nowai, sharing folders were epic

drag in a load of albums to share and they all just turned up without any connection drops or stuff like that

beleive me, sending lots single files through msn is fail, and sending a big rar is also fail, becuase 9 times out of 10 your connection will drop in the last 20% of the transfer...
TheDonkey

JoshP wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

MSN 9 > MSN 8

BY FAR

nowai, sharing folders were epic

drag in a load of albums to share and they all just turned up without any connection drops or stuff like that

beleive me, sending lots single files through msn is fail, and sending a big rar is also fail, becuase 9 times out of 10 your connection will drop in the last 20% of the transfer...
I don't use MSN sharing anymore, except for quick-sending screenshots (Hit Printscreen, click to type in teh MSN window, CTRL-V)

When sending a song, Uploading it to dropbox, copying the public link, and writing up a quick webpage to show the link is 10x faster than MSN sharing.♠♦

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard