Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6214|Brisneyland
https://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/01_nissan_gt-r_specv.thumbnail.jpg

The details for the Sykline GTR Vspec have been released. Doesnt look massively modified, just lightened, and better braked. Probably a bit more powerful too.

Details as follows:

caradvice wrote:

Exterior features comprise replacement carbon fibre components including the rear spoiler, grille and brake ducts.
Inside, the SpecV loses its rear seats in favour of two carbon fibre race buckets seats from Recaro for the driver and front passenger, while the carbon theme continues to rear centre storage box, instrument panel and other trim areas.
Further modifications include a titanium-coated exhaust system and carbon-ceramic brakes which were spied earlier this year on a prototype at the Nürburgring for ultimate stopping performance.

Rather than focussing on raw power, Nissan has instead concentrated on refining the handling of the new SpecV, equipping the car with Nismo-spec forged aluminium wheels as standard to reduce unsprung weight.

Together with these lighter wheels and carbon-ceramic brakes, the SpecV also boasts an exclusive new suspension setup and unique high-grip tyres.
Article
It sounds great , but I would like to see what time it records around the Ring.
The video below is it in action on the Ring, and it looks pretty good.

Reciprocity
+721|6572|the dank(super) side of Oregon
You forgot to compare it to a corvette.

I'm sure some corvette loving douche nozzle will be along shortly to correct your mistake.
Choclot
+21|6534
The older ones look waaay better.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum

Reciprocity wrote:

You forgot to compare it to a corvette.

I'm sure some corvette loving douche nozzle will be along shortly to correct your mistake.
too true lol
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6214|Brisneyland
My guess is that it would beat the Corvette, but its just a guess. Nissan will have gone out with the goal of doing that, so chances are that its faster round the ring.
Still , I could be wrong. Looking forward to the Numbers from the Ring.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

My guess is that it would beat the Corvette, but its just a guess. Nissan will have gone out with the goal of doing that, so chances are that its faster round the ring.
Still , I could be wrong. Looking forward to the Numbers from the Ring.
There only goal was to beat/equal the 911 Turbo, but failed so had to 'cheat'.

The entire production process was judged along side a 911. At every point in testing they had a 911 so they could make direct comparisons. The whole corvette/GTR thing is media (corvette fanboy) driven.

And no matter what stats you come up with the fact remains 911 Turbo >  GTR > Corvette.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6214|Brisneyland

Drunk face wrote:

There only goal was to beat/equal the 911 Turbo, but failed so had to 'cheat'.

The entire production process was judged along side a 911. At every point in testing they had a 911 so they could make direct comparisons. The whole corvette/GTR thing is media (corvette fanboy) driven.

And no matter what stats you come up with the fact remains 911 Turbo >  GTR > Corvette.
I think you are right with respect to the first GTR. It was definitely made to beat the 911 Turbo. From what I could gather it pretty much did that, although there was argument over whether it used standard tyres for the GTR. As far as the Vspec is concerned, I think the Corvette would be the car they are looking at as it is currently the car to beat. Nissan wouldnt spend millions of bucks making a top spec GTR so it could remain the 2nd best car at the Ring. They have hired the Ring for hours with the sole intention of being the fastest, I am pretty sure that the next announcement we hear will be that Vspec is the fastest around the Ring ( for now).

I am not going to bad mouth the Corvette, as it is an awesome machine, but its all part of the game. Competition improves the breed. The next Corvette ( probably with an 8L supercharged engine) will be the fastest etc. But at the moment my prediction is :
Vspec Skyline>Corvette>Porsche. ( I think theres a Dodge Viper in there somewhere too, but cant be bothered to check).
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

The old Skyline was much nicer looking, although the new one isn't bad.

EDIT: Vipers currently got the top spot

Last edited by ghettoperson (2009-01-10 03:40:15)

Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6214|Brisneyland

ghettoperson wrote:

good spot. But reading the wiki, it looks like the Viper was quite modified, so I dont know if it counts.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6522|Boston, MA
It was pretty heavily modified, that's why you don't hear people talking about the Viper as the fastest production car and you hear people talking about the Corvette as that. I remember reading somewhere that they said even if they simply put the tires from the Viper on the Corvette that the Corvette would have beaten the Viper for best overall time.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black

ghettoperson wrote:

The old Skyline was much nicer looking, although the new one isn't bad.

7:25    Nissan GT-R V-Spec    7 May 2008unofficial time: Anticipated production car still in testing; measured by bystanders at the track.

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
The#1Spot
+105|6531|byah

ghettoperson wrote:

good spot. But reading the wiki, it looks like the Viper was quite modified, so I dont know if it counts.
Yea I saw one in person recently. The wing is big enough to have a family of 4 to comfortable eat off it. Also the car has street legal race spec tires the last around 15,000miles.

Last edited by The#1Spot (2009-01-10 08:20:18)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6445|The Twilight Zone
I like it
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

looks like shit
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5745|Roma
Nürburgring lap times
7:20-Nissan GT-R Spec-V(478ps)
7:22-Dodge Viper SRT-10 ACR(600hp)
7:27-Zonda F Clubsport(750hp)
7:28-Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1(638hp 7:26 is Foul measure.)
7:29-Nissan GT-R(473hp)
7:32-Porsche 911 GT2(483hp)

although some people speculate it might have done 7:25.

still, WOW!!!!!
I love this car.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2009-01-10 09:41:34)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6631|Montréal, Québec
I didn't see what modification they've done to the engine... I don't think lighter seats and better brake will make this car faster..I hope they put some bigger turbine in it

oh well....

JPCNEWS/ BEST CAR wrote:

...Spec V is the superformance version of an already pumped up sports car. By using several techniques even more performance can be wringed out of the GT-R. Of utmost vitality is that the car goes through a weight-loss programme, which means it may lose up to 100kg, which is the equivalent of a fully grown adult male of average weight. “Lose the man, lose the milliseconds” is Spec V thought.

Typically extra revisions include improved suspension, advanced roll cage and a reprogrammed all-wheel-drive system, named ATTESA-ETS. Power is said to be up to 382kW/ 512 bhp, coupled with an all-carbon fiber body, should make the Spec V not only quick as far more expensive super cars, but only handle even better than its Clark Kent self around challenging places like the Nurburgring. Steering should also be more direct.

Last edited by seb--morin (2009-01-10 12:13:15)

SealXo
+309|6527
https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o155/xXxTheDevilsRejectxXx/carsandcoffee023.jpg

reaep
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6214|Brisneyland
Hey Seal , whats that, some sort of souped up R8? Would like to hear how it goes.

I think all of this is kinda cool. Formula one is a bit boring. Touring cars are also made to a formula. Rally cars ( which I love) are also imposed certain limits. At least here car makers can pretty much make whatever they want, the only criteria is that they make it a production car that can be road driven. Cant wait to see what drives round the Ring next.
SealXo
+309|6527

Hey Seal , whats that, some sort of souped up R8? Would like to hear how it goes.

I think all of this is kinda cool. Formula one is a bit boring. Touring cars are also made to a formula. Rally cars ( which I love) are also imposed certain limits. At least here car makers can pretty much make whatever they want, the only criteria is that they make it a production car that can be road driven. Cant wait to see what drives round the Ring next.
yeah its bbi

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o155/xXxTheDevilsRejectxXx/carsandcoffee019.jpg

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o155/xXxTheDevilsRejectxXx/carsandcoffee013.jpg
not production but win

Last edited by SealXo (2009-01-11 08:31:35)

phishman420
Banned
+821|5673
Corvette still looks 20x better. Try harder.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6541|UK

phishman420 wrote:

Corvette still looks 20x better. Try harder.
It's ''functionally ugly'' (fugly) .  To bad about the launch control.  I actually did have a shot on a 2008 GTR with the launch and am not sure why it was breaking the transmission.  It isnt as harsh as the gear box in say a lambo gallardo (I cringed when I swaped gears around on that thing). 

Btw, I looked into this, you cant call the GTR a skyline (although I spose thats being a bit anal).

Martyn
SealXo
+309|6527
https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o155/xXxTheDevilsRejectxXx/carsandcoffee018.jpg

sex
wensleydale8
+81|6761|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
they werent thinking when they priced it at 113K which will buy you a gt3rs with some decent goodies or a RUF
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland

seb--morin wrote:

I didn't see what modification they've done to the engine... I don't think lighter seats and better brake will make this car faster..I hope they put some bigger turbine in it

oh well....

JPCNEWS/ BEST CAR wrote:

...Spec V is the superformance version of an already pumped up sports car. By using several techniques even more performance can be wringed out of the GT-R. Of utmost vitality is that the car goes through a weight-loss programme, which means it may lose up to 100kg, which is the equivalent of a fully grown adult male of average weight. “Lose the man, lose the milliseconds” is Spec V thought.

Typically extra revisions include improved suspension, advanced roll cage and a reprogrammed all-wheel-drive system, named ATTESA-ETS. Power is said to be up to 382kW/ 512 bhp, coupled with an all-carbon fiber body, should make the Spec V not only quick as far more expensive super cars, but only handle even better than its Clark Kent self around challenging places like the Nurburgring. Steering should also be more direct.
Its all about power to weight, not raw power.

Also, some of these american machines leave me baffed. Their engines are putting out the same BHP as euro cars with an engine half the size. If they spent time working on efficeincy and inproving the power output, their V8s and V12s would be monsters.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5673

bennisboy wrote:

seb--morin wrote:

oh well....

JPCNEWS/ BEST CAR wrote:

Its all about power to weight, not raw power.

Also, some of these american machines leave me baffed. Their engines are putting out the same BHP as euro cars with an engine half the size. If they spent time working on efficeincy and inproving the power output, their V8s and V12s would be monsters.
The thing is that American engines have so much more room for more power. That GTR is tweaked to the max. Why aren't your 7 liter V12s faster than our little V8s?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard