-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6769|UK
OK I'm starting a new complaints & issues thread relating to the Euro Force booster pack.
This is for people who have tried the following (and it still doesn't work):

* Changing Gamespy / EA Account name to match ingame nick.
* Unistalled BF completely, reinstalled, repatched, and redownloaded EF.

And still shows this screen:

https://x11.putfile.com/3/7215200141-thumb.jpg

So please no posts saying change gamespy nick or reinstall game or patch, please!

Also note that EA UK Support Call Centre has CLOSED today, with a msg saying:
"technical support has had to close today, and we're not sure if we'll be able to reopen today".

If you are having the same problem add your posts here.
OR if you have an actual new solution.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6767|The United Center
this might sound like a stupid question...

but when you login to gamespy to change your nick, do you login using the same username and password you have for the EA downloader?
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6756|Houston, TX
Your EA account name doesn't matter. All you have to do is change you Gamespy account name through the EA downloader not, Gamespy Arcade. I only mention that incase you missed that part. It maybe detecting capital letters so you may want to double check. Other than that, if you have both names the same my only guess is they have a problem on their end for that message to continue.

Last edited by staticblue (2006-03-16 12:49:32)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6767|The United Center

staticblue wrote:

Your EA account name doesn't matter. All you have to do is change you Gamespy account name through the EA downloader not, Gamespy Arcade. I only mention that incase you missed that part. It maybe detecting capital letters so you may want to double check. Other than that, if you have both names the same my only guess is they have a problem on their end for that message to continue.
actually, for me it did matter.
Flyboy63
+8|6725|South Australia
I notice EA have lifted temporarily the limit on 3 nick changes in a week however I changed my nick via the EA downloader to my 2nd nick & I still get the stupid message 'you have to buy EF blah blah'.
a1911
+0|6657

-=88.dNk.88=- wrote:

OK

Also note that EA UK Support Call Centre has CLOSED today, with a msg saying:
"technical support has had to close today, and we're not sure if we'll be able to reopen today".
Hehehe... so EA support is giving up and going home? come onnnnn
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6769|UK
Gamespy and their Rubbish database is the problem according to EA UK.
Due to my nickname having "-", "=" and ".", GameSpy's database is rubbish at storing this nickname, sometimes it has stored it as "-=88.dNk.88=-" and sometimes as "__88_dNk_88_-" and apparently GameSpy are not very helpful even too EA about changing any of these details or helping out at all.
I said to the Support guy maybe you shouldn't be using GameSpy anymore and he said "yeah, this has been already brought up at EA, but because the game & database is now tied in with BF2 they can't really do a lot about it!" He also told me he's going to try and get them to sort it out, but that I should prepare myself for it not happening. WTF!?!? Anyone else think this is absolutely unacceptable, the least that could be done is give me a completely new nick without all that other stuff associated with and move my points, awards etc over to that new account and let me play what I've actually paid for, now I have to wait till Monday because it's a Friday, shame they didn't figure this out on Wednesday when I phoned them!
Atleast the call centre guy was good at his job, even if Gamespy and EA at the technical side aren't!

And so the saga continues...

Last edited by -=88.dNk.88=- (2006-03-17 04:48:07)

-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6769|UK
Wow - EA / GameSpy actually fixed EF. Shame its not very good.
Waste of money, time and effort! Damn it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard