Vax
+42|5850|Flyover country
They don't owe us 

We owed them. We left them hanging during Saddam; even helped that fucker when it suited us.

Then even when we should have acted in '91 after we told them to revolt against Saddam, we stood back and let him kill thousands more

So nothing owed
I'd just hope maybe someday(???)  they make a prosperous country there { and the oil revenues should help} that doesn't totally hate us/get taken over by extremists

/daydream

Last edited by Vax (2009-01-02 22:01:06)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Destroying their infrastructure - bridges, roads, powerstations etc during the invasion was entirely unnecessary - unless it was a for-profit war and the plan was to suck up the oil to pay for the rebuilding using US contractors.

Calling for a revolt and then failing to support it was an appalling act TBH.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Dilbert_X wrote:

Destroying their infrastructure - bridges, roads, powerstations etc during the invasion was entirely unnecessary - unless it was a for-profit war and the plan was to suck up the oil to pay for the rebuilding using US contractors.

Agreed 100%. Rumsfeld had no foresight. It would have been nice to have Gates earlier. Rumsfeld had no desire to change course.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6715

ghettoperson wrote:

What are you talking about? Or it this just another of your ramblings not particularily related to anything in the news at the moment?
cracked me up... lol...

and i'm glad Iraq is doing well and i hope they continue to flourish...
Love is the answer
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
War's been over for a while guys
https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/Dilbert_X/miss_acc.jpg
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Umm...most of the infrastructure was dogshit from Saddam neglecting it since '91. Any destroyed bridges were destroyed by Iraq, not the Coalition--we needed them to get to Baghdad...why would we destroy them?. Same with powerstations. A key targeting guideline was to limit damage to infrastructure to the greatest extent possible.

Dilbert_X wrote:

While I agree with that, you are mixing up your Iraq wars. The invasion only occurred during OIF. The revolt you mention was post-Desert Storm...roughly 11 years prior.

Dilbert_X wrote:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj25 … ss_acc.jpg
Jesus H. Tapdancin' Christ! How many times do you have to have the context of that explained to you?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

"The first commercial flight between Europe and Iraq in at least 17 years has landed at Baghdad airport."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7809167.stm
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jesus H. Tapdancin' Christ! How many times do you have to have the context of that explained to you?
I'll help.
That particular carriers mission at that particular time was accomplished.

CNN wrote:

On Tuesday, the president also referenced the moment aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003, during which he declared an end to major combat operations in Iraq.

They had a sign that said ‘Mission Accomplished.’ It was a sign aimed at the sailors on the ship, but it conveyed a broader knowledge. To some it said, well, Bush thinks the war in Iraq is over, when I didn’t think that. But nonetheless, it conveyed the wrong message
If I remember correctly there wasn't much of a need for a Nimitz class supercarrier at the end of major combat operations.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Kmarion wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I'll help.
That particular carriers mission at that particular time was accomplished.

CNN wrote:

On Tuesday, the president also referenced the moment aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003, during which he declared an end to major combat operations in Iraq.

They had a sign that said ‘Mission Accomplished.’ It was a sign aimed at the sailors on the ship, but it conveyed a broader knowledge. To some it said, well, Bush thinks the war in Iraq is over, when I didn’t think that. But nonetheless, it conveyed the wrong message
If I remember correctly there wasn't much of a need for a Nimitz class supercarrier at the end of major combat operations.
people are sheep and will use / mention that picture forever because they are missing a nice chunk of brain matter.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6489|Menlo Park, CA

ATG wrote:

I actually cannot copy and paste links with my blackberry where this thread was recreated.
I love my blackberry ATG!

Isnt blackberry messanger phenominal!

btw The left media will say "Due to Obama's swift intervention, the Iraq war is nearing its final days. . . ." or something along those lines.

Truth is he didnt have anything to due with our victory in Iraq. . . .  If he wants his own victory, he needs to fix Afghanistan and find/kill those dirty diaper heads that havent been brought to justice yet!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

While I agree with that, you are mixing up your Iraq wars. The invasion only occurred during OIF. The revolt you mention was post-Desert Storm...roughly 11 years prior.
I'm well aware of that, I was referencing Vax's post, the one directly above mine.
You'd see that kind of think if you read the whole thread and not just trolled my posts

FEOS wrote:

Once more would be fun.
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6682

Kmarion wrote:

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

they cannot reimburse us for our real losses.  nobody can.
i have a feeling that Obama will not produce as much "change" as he sold in his campaign, but time will tell.
Later in his campaign he said the exact same thing Bush said. Commanders on the ground will dictate how and when we withdrawal. Few people caught that.. or they just chose to ignore it. He also said, "we can't ignore the opportunities presented in Iraq".
Please don't interject facts....you will upset the bandwagon.

+1, K
FEOS
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I'm well aware of that, I was referencing Vax's post, the one directly above mine.
You'd see that kind of think if you read the whole thread and not just trolled my posts
Strangely enough, I DID read the whole thread, including Vax's post and your response. And my point still stands, as he only mentioned leaving the Iraqi Shi'a hanging after Desert Storm. Perhaps if you bothered to read your own posts, you would see what I'm talking about.

Trolling your posts? I wish I was half as cool as you think you are.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yeah whatever, if you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be twice as smart as you actually are.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I had a Blackberry but it got ran over by a truck. Now I have a slightly more durable flip-phone from Samsung. The one thing I loathed about the Blackberry is that you had to constantly make sure that you didn't lean to hard against something or you might dial out, even if the little goblin was in a holster.
FEOS
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yeah whatever, if you were half as smart as you think you are you'd be twice as smart as you actually are.
Which would still be four times smarter than you.

Oh snap.

I'm done.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Ha good one.
Nearly.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I had a Blackberry but it got ran over by a truck. Now I have a slightly more durable flip-phone from Samsung. The one thing I loathed about the Blackberry is that you had to constantly make sure that you didn't lean to hard against something or you might dial out, even if the little goblin was in a holster.
No such thing as a key lock on a blackberry?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard