twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6207
Thought rather than having multiple threads about W7, why not just have one.

Twoblacklines: installed, trouble free, onto IDE drive (spare), takes 40 seconds to boot but 30 of which are the PC posting, once u hear the welcome sound, its booted, no fannying around unlike vista, but then again its a new build. So far everything works.

Found a few bugs already, such as if you set taskbar to autohide, it displays the windows background behind it when its hidden, meaning you have a few lines at the bottom of your monitor, lawl.

About to check compatability with BF2, gotta install 1.41 patch and nvidia drivers first!
Benzin
+576|5999
I am toying with installing this on my EEE PC 900 ...
twoblacklines
+49|6207
well i had it on a celeron 800 laptop and it was quite quick tbh!
Benzin
+576|5999
Can you tell me what kind of footprint the thing has on the harddrive???
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
No 64-bit version to be found?

32-bit = fail.
twoblacklines
+49|6207
it will be released soon. Ive got the pagefile off with no issues, it shows 4.00GB of ram but apparently still capped to 3.2gb.

One wierd thing is that it says ive got 1.5gb of system shared VRAM and i cant find anywhere to turn this off, its off in bios aswell.
twoblacklines
+49|6207

CapnNismo wrote:

Can you tell me what kind of footprint the thing has on the harddrive???
7.45GB
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK
I haz it.

Bugs - to connect to my wireless network after a restart, i need to go into network centre, and change network discovery to on (in the public profile). It seems to forget my settings

Also daemon tools/alcohol 120% don't install.

Other than that a lovely experience.

I have it installed on a random 19gb partition, wat

The windows folder uses 8 gb, the drive altogether with only office + bf2 installed  uses ~ 14gb
Shadow893
lel
+75|6693|England
where can i get it from? i have a spare hdd lieing around somewhere
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6710|Germany

Shadow893 wrote:

You have to go to a store and rent it.

Haararrarrrarr ! (Sorry I´m halfway drunk already)...
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK

HellHead wrote:

Shadow893 wrote:

You have to go to a store and rent it.

Haararrarrrarr ! (Sorry I´m halfway drunk already)...

pm me for linkz, faggots
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6190|Canada

So where do I get W7? and information on it? thanks.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

what's so hard about going to the pirate bay and typing "windows 7 build 7000"?

Last edited by max (2008-12-31 14:07:59)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6633

L2wbb
max
Vela Incident

L2usenet
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6190|Canada

max wrote:

what so hard about going to the pirate bay and typing "windows 7 build 7000"?
But I'm in a wheelchair
Not funny.
And totally not gay.

Last edited by Phatmatt (2008-12-31 14:07:20)

max
Vela Incident

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
get off my back grammar nazis
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6670|The Netherlands
I installed it today. Not much difference between Vista and 7, although I like the taskbar intergration with several applications. (Windows live messenger for example).
And the fact that it's less resource consuming (12.5 GB used).
The only thing that bugs me (and windows) is that after I installed the 8800GS display driver via windows update, I get a black screen when logging in. (Which I fix by killing and restarting explorer.exe, although changing resolutions work aswell)
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
What is standard driver support and so on like? Do most applications respond like it is Vista? Thinking of installing it but there are some drivers I can't do without. Might dual boot.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6685|West Yorkshire, U.K
Can't you guys just wait untill it's released? It's bound to have bugs so just wait 'till it comes out
JoshP
Banned
+176|5689|Notts, UK
Btw, the build 7000 version of Windows 7 is, for me, way more stable than Vista and Vista SP1. Everything works (near enough) fine for me- no serious problems at all. Compatibility appears to be great.

GET IT NOW FAGGOTS

max wrote:

what's so hard about going to the pirate bay and typing "windows 7 build 7000"?
/agree

these guys are all nubs@piracy

Nessie09 wrote:

although I like the taskbar intergration with several applications.
this is win, you can see he progress of downloads in IE, it fills up the taskbar icon with a progress meter

What did it do with your msn? I was using version 8.5 (the latest beta doesn't support msn plus last time i checked therefore won't work with gmsn for my g15, which i can't live without ), which version were you using?

Last edited by JoshP (2008-12-31 17:04:50)

twoblacklines
+49|6207
msn live works perfectly here.

I find in vista when i bootup and nod32, xfire,msn and utorrent all load up at the same time, vista lags right down and i get a white box where xfire should be then a 2 minute wait for it to sort itself out, and mostly have to load IE just to cover up the white box. in 7, using 3gb of my 4gb of ram, they all just load quickly, as they should.

So far im very impressed.

Does bf2 load any quicker (maps etc) on 7 ?
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6670|The Netherlands

JoshP wrote:

What did it do with your msn? I was using version 8.5 (the latest beta doesn't support msn plus last time i checked therefore won't work with gmsn for my g15, which i can't live without ), which version were you using?
Live Messenger 2009. MSN now acts as a normal application (not in notification area anymore) and you have serveral options by right clicking on it. (Now to think of it, those were the same options as windows vista had)

Other things that have improved is that Bluetooth works instantly (without Bluesoleil or anything) and my TV capture card works without me having to look for some codec.
Benzin
+576|5999
How much RAM does the OS use on idle? I know Vista used like 1GB at idle, right?

And it doesn't look like I'll be getting play with the OS after all on my EEE PC. If the footprint is over 4GB, there is no way I can get it to fit on the SLC drive on the 900. If I'd had a 900 16, maybe ...
twoblacklines
+49|6207
https://150db.net/files/memory.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard