sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
1. Grand Theft Auto IV (98 — 360, 98 — PS3)
2. LittleBigPlanet (95 — PS3)
3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (94 — PS3)
4. BioShock (94 — PS3) and Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (94 — PS2)
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (93 — Wii) and Gears of War 2 (93 — 360)
6. Chrono Trigger (93 — DS) and Braid (93 — 360)
7. World of Goo (94 — Wii, 91 — PC / AVERAGE: 92.5)
8. Fallout 3 (93 — 360, 92 — PS3, 92 — PC / AVERAGE: 92) and Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Armor (92 — PC)
9. Rock Band 2 (92 — 360, 91 — PS3 / AVERAGE: 91.5)
10. God of War: Chains of Olympus (91 — PSP) and World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (91 — PC)
http://kotaku.com/5118093/metacritics-1 … es-of-2008
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Thanks Serge, as always, for the PS3-related news!! (Y)

Last edited by Kptk92 :D (2008-12-30 11:02:55)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
PS3 reviewers try to hide their lack of games by giving inflated scores, big surprise.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Fat_Swinub wrote:

PS3 reviewers try to hide their lack of games by giving inflated scores, big surprise.
Lack of games?  Care to explain.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Indeed im infuriated by the lack of games on the PS3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pl … on_3_games

/Facehammer
Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada
Spoiler (highlight to read):
ps3sux rrod 8.8 4.5
­
­
­
­
­
­
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Only 2 of those top 4 are PS3 exclusives, though. But still, that's a good achievement.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
This says more about the reviewers than the actual consoles/games.

Hype is a disease that is killing the quality of the games industry; games enjoy 'success' nowadays based off how much marketing/advertising hype they can produce, not on the actual merits and qualities of their end product.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-12-30 12:39:59)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

GalCiv2 made the list.

BAHAHAHAHA!
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN
I'm trying to figure out how the same game loses to itself just because its on a different console.  Someone is smoking some crack...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Bioshock > Fallout 3?

Sorry but thats bullshit if I've ever seen it.  I wonder how much all those games had to advertize to get such great scores
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Uzique wrote:

Hype is a disease that is killing the quality of the games industry; games enjoy 'success' nowadays based off how much marketing/advertising hype they can produce, not on the actual merits and qualities of their end product.
More ads + Bigger marketing = More people to review the game = More people outside the gaming industry reviewing the game = Higher scores = Higher average on metacritic

That's pretty much why I take most reviews with a grain of salt. I'll read some every now and then on a game that looks interesting and one that I'd consider purchasing. But I can't pass full judgment on a game until I've played it myself. I have to say, I've always been happy with the games I do wind up buying (although there are a few bad apples, but they were bought used so it's not a total loss).
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
dont forget about Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/users/mosaic/sh … 0-25273350

Just skip the middle man and give better reviews to the highest bidders
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

Spearhead wrote:

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case a lot nowadays.

The two reviewers who I trust most are GameTrailers and GameInformer. Regardless of whether they've been accused of giving scores to devs who pay, their reviews usually line up with my opinion and feeling on games.

That being said, a 95 for LBP is bullshit.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Sorry to keep the de-railing going, but what are your guys' opinions of GameFAQs user reviews? I check those a lot, and read multiple reviews so one user's bias doesn't influence it as much. I suppose it's not the actual scores that matter since for a single game they'll range from 6 to 10, but more about the points they bring up.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Zimmer wrote:

Change the title. Before it sparks more bullshit.
Why?  It's true, the top 4 are for PS3, with 2 PS3 exclusives and 2 multiplatform.

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-12-30 13:59:37)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

mtb0minime wrote:

Only 2 of those top 4 are PS3 exclusives, though. But still, that's a good achievement.
Nowhere I said the 4 were exclusives.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Uzique wrote:

This is from Metacritic, which is an average of all the reviews, the ones biased against the PS3, the ones biased against the X360 and so on.  So, it's pretty fair tbh.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Yeah! I'm already bored with all 300 games released for PS3. What the hell, they really need to step up their game.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case a lot nowadays.

The two reviewers who I trust most are GameTrailers and GameInformer. Regardless of whether they've been accused of giving scores to devs who pay, their reviews usually line up with my opinion and feeling on games.

Lol Gametrailers, good one mate.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Poseidon wrote:

ya i lol'd and stopped reading after i saw that.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

sergeriver wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Nowhere I said the 4 were exclusives.
I know

At first glance it would seem like the PS3 is the obvious choice of next-gen console, but it's not quite that high up since a lot of the games are multi-platform. Like I said, it's still a great achievement for the PS3, having 2 of the top 3 be PS3 exclusives.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

usmarine wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

ya i lol'd and stopped reading after i saw that.
Because you played it so much...

Btw this is the average score the game got.

Meh...whatever dude.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
I missed you Serge <3
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

Kptk92 wrote:

I missed you Serge <3
I don't know how to address that without being labeled by marine as gay or worse.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard