RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

Miggle wrote:

Oh, well Black Isle made a lot of amazing RPGs.
<3 BG1,2
Dookie0119
+43|5775

Miggle wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Dookie's pic...
Nope, GWFL is under xbox.com for some reason. Who knows why.
hmmm, well anyways, it says back to my xbox
Xbox.com.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/default.htm
Rosse_modest
+76|6773|Antwerp, Flanders

XxRavenxX wrote:

Miggle wrote:

<3 BG1,2
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 were made by Bioware - Black Isle / Interplay only served as publishers on those two titles.

All Black Isle developed RPGs that I know of: Fallout 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 and Planescape: Torment.

Last edited by Rosse_modest (2008-12-29 08:46:56)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

Rosse_modest wrote:

XxRavenxX wrote:

Miggle wrote:

<3 BG1,2
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 were made by Bioware - Black Isle / Interplay only served as publishers on those two titles.

All Black Isle developed RPGs that I know of: Fallout 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 and Planescape: Torment.
Yep, a few other minor ones I think but that's the gist of it.

The Baldur's Gate games share a lot of features with the Icewind Dale games.

Planescape = basically the most critically acclaimed plot of any game, ever. So I've heard anyway.

And well, Fallout speaks for itself. One of the best settings for games ever. Hoping that future development of the license picks up in quality of plot and depth.

Bethesda's games really are a bit shallow tbh. Fun, but shallow.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Rosse_modest

Flecco wrote:

The Baldur's Gate games share a lot of features with the Icewind Dale games.
I'd say it's the other way around.

They used BG's graphic and gameplay 'engine'. Icewind Dale is basically a less expansive, more dungeon focussed version of BG.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6669|Colorado
Just got it & lovin' it. Now we just need team fortress for it
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6602|Greenwood, IN
So I finally made it to level 20.  I decided to take some screenshots of stats to show you what I chose.  Sorry for all the space taken up though.

XBox Live For PC
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/Fallout%203/Fallout3%202008-12-30%2016-18-52-35.jpg

Game Stats
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/Fallout%203/Fallout3%202008-12-30%2016-19-17-49.jpg
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/Fallout%203/Fallout3%202008-12-30%2016-19-22-78.jpg
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/Fallout%203/Fallout3%202008-12-30%2016-19-30-29.jpg
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/Fallout%203/Fallout3%202008-12-30%2016-19-33-88.jpg
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/Fallout%203/Fallout3%202008-12-30%2016-19-44-01.jpg
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/Fallout%203/Fallout3%202008-12-30%2016-19-53-95.jpg

Bobbleheads!
https://www.digital-sickness.net/Uploader/files/1/Fallout%203/Fallout3%202008-12-30%2016-20-50-78.jpg

Last edited by Naturn (2009-01-01 16:20:49)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York
Why didn't you go for a higher speech skill? That's the first thing that'll make it to 100 for me, I'm guessing.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6602|Greenwood, IN
Because I didn't know anything about the game.  But, i'm starting a new game when I get my new HDD so its gogni to be different.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

Am I the only one who likes to raise Intelligence? I raise it early to get lots of skill points to distribute at each level. I, too, raise Repair a whole helluva lot, but Speech is one I keep way low. Probably because I'm so evil that if no one does what I say I just kill them.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York

mtb0minime wrote:

Am I the only one who likes to raise Intelligence? I raise it early to get lots of skill points to distribute at each level. I, too, raise Repair a whole helluva lot, but Speech is one I keep way low. Probably because I'm so evil that if no one does what I say I just kill them.
That's probably why...I'm a good character, so speech is important for me. If you just kill everyone though, no problem.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6602|Greenwood, IN
You know what I think i'll start a new one tonight.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6518|Austin, Texas

Naturn wrote:

You know what I think i'll start a new one tonight.
Don't do what I did and make a pure evil character. I thought it would be fun, but it seems to be a bit more laborious. If I restarted this character, I would have made him/her money driven. I've missed so many opportunities because the people giving out quests or followers etc I had killed earlier.

However, I think I will make most skills up to near 100 before I finish her. With books and bobbleheads I should get close.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6602|Greenwood, IN
Does anyone know if anything happens between you and that one chick in vault 101?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

MadKatter wrote:

Don't do what I did and make a pure evil character. I thought it would be fun, but it seems to be a bit more laborious.
Especially early on in the game before you have any good weapons. I was struggling just to survive an onslaught of Megaton residents with their 10mm pistols and baseball bats!

Also, is level 20 the maximum? I was hoping there wouldn't be a maximum so that it would be possible to easily get everything up to 100, albeit very time-consuming.

Naturn wrote:

Does anyone know if anything happens between you and that one chick in vault 101?
Wish I could tell you, but I kept knocking her unconscious with the bat and left her like that when I left the vault

Last edited by mtb0minime (2008-12-30 14:13:53)

Brasso
+1,549|6627

Nothing happens between you and Amata.  Yes level 20 is the cap.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

haffeysucks wrote:

Nothing happens between you and Amata.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Basically, nomatter what you do Amata will ask you to leave after you finished the "Trouble on the homefront" quest

haffeysucks wrote:

Yes level 20 is the cap.
Yeah for now
If all goes to plan the cap. will be raised after the 3rd wave of DLC

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-12-30 16:02:42)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Brasso
+1,549|6627

FloppY_ wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Basically, nomatter what you do Amata will ask you to leave after you finished the "Call for help" quest
Trouble on the Homefront
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
FloppY_
­

haffeysucks wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Basically, nomatter what you do Amata will ask you to leave after you finished the "Trouble on the homefront" quest
Trouble on the Homefront
Like I said
Brasso
+1,549|6627

FloppY_ wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Trouble on the Homefront
Like I said
no, it's the name of the quest

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-12-30 16:04:42)

FloppY_
­

haffeysucks wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Trouble on the Homefront
Like I said
I know, that's what I said
Brasso
+1,549|6627

FloppY_ wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Like I said
I know, that's what I said
oh
dill13
+67|6190

FloppY_ wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Yes level 20 is the cap.
Yeah for now
If you have the pc version enter in the console setgs iMaxCharacterLevel 030 or whatever you want your max level to be youll have to reenter it every time you close fallout though.
FloppY_
­

dill13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Yes level 20 is the cap.
Yeah for now
If you have the pc version enter in the console setgs iMaxCharacterLevel 030 or whatever you want your max level to be youll have to reenter it every time you close fallout though.
Which could easily ruin that character when the DLC unlocks it and many of the console commands lock some achievements because they are considered cheating
Rosse_modest

FloppY_ wrote:

dill13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Yeah for now
Which could easily ruin that character when the DLC unlocks it and many of the console commands lock some achievements because they are considered cheating
I don't think any DLC will increase the level cap, it will probably be kept at 20 where it is now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard