usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Switch wrote:

Are you a millionaire or what?
no.  it aint that bad if you buy shit at three different places, not just whole foods.  luckily for me I have three awesome places all close by.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6462|Tyne & Wear, England
I think the UK equivalent is possibly Waitrose.  If I shopped there I'd be broke, then again I'm a student and borderline alcoholic so.....
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK
I went to waitrose once.  3 oranges for 3 fucking quid...wtf were they imported from mars?!

So, I went over to the going to be out of date in the next 3 minutes shelf and got a sarnie.

Last edited by m3thod (2008-12-28 17:42:27)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

m3thod wrote:

I went to waitrose once.  3 oranges for 3 fucking quid...wtf were they imported from mars?!

So, I went over to the going to be out of date in the next 3 minutes shelf and got a sarnie.
i need a translator please
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6765|Cambridge (UK)
I prefer my food partial.
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6273|Outside your Back window

usmarine wrote:

m3thod wrote:

He says "I went to a British equivalent of a whole foods market named Waitrose, I recall i went there once. There were three oranges for three english pounds, i was rather annoyed. I wondered if they had been imported from mars and that, that was the reason for the high price. I decided to go over to a cheaper section that sells food that is about to go out of date (possibly in the next day) and because of that it is reduced in price. I then proceeded to buy a Sandwich from there.

Last edited by Ace.O.Lamb (2008-12-29 07:25:33)

CrazeD
+368|6672|Maine

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

usmarine wrote:

m3thod wrote:

He says "I went to a British equivalent of a whole foods market named Waitrose, I recall i went there once. There were three oranges for three english pounds, i was rather annoyed. I wondered if they had been imported from mars and that, that was the reason for the high price. I decided to go over to a cheaper section that sells food that is about to go out of date (possibly in the next day) and because of that it is reduced in price. I then proceeded to buy a Sandwich from there.

/win
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
They have a good beer selection.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

usmarine wrote:

m3thod wrote:

thank you.

see you wankers is it that hard?
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
m3th's was easier to understand TBH.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6541|Texas - Bigger than France

usmarine wrote:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/

Anyone else shop there or something like it?  Because I have tried them for exactly one month now and have never felt better in my life.  The chicken and stuff tastes so much better.  Not to mention its better for you there.
The food is great there, no doubt.  A bit pricey but that's okay for me.

The problem I have with it is the employees act like they are all high or retarded.  We don't have a WFM where I live, but I've had the same experience of general malaise and shitty service in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and Chicago.

Wut shitty service?  Well, since they have good food, I'm talking about trying to get something from their kitchen.  Great food, but God forbid if you ask for clarification like "what's in this"?   I really enjoy asking the same question in three different ways to probe for the ultimate truth.

Fucking stoners.  lol
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Pug wrote:

usmarine wrote:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/

Anyone else shop there or something like it?  Because I have tried them for exactly one month now and have never felt better in my life.  The chicken and stuff tastes so much better.  Not to mention its better for you there.
The food is great there, no doubt.  A bit pricey but that's okay for me.

The problem I have with it is the employees act like they are all high or retarded.  We don't have a WFM where I live, but I've had the same experience of general malaise and shitty service in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and Chicago.

Wut shitty service?  Well, since they have good food, I'm talking about trying to get something from their kitchen.  Great food, but God forbid if you ask for clarification like "what's in this"?   I really enjoy asking the same question in three different ways to probe for the ultimate truth.

Fucking stoners.  lol
tis true.  anyone who thinks smoking pot doesnt affect you should go spend a couple hours there.  its like people just work there to buy pot or something.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
Don't turn this in to another fucking weed debate. You guys haven't won one yet...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

phishman420 wrote:

Don't turn this in to another fucking weed debate. You guys haven't won one yet...
i dont need to win anything. i just go to these stores and know i won the war. 

calm down cheech
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
That's Chong to you. Do I look like a Mexican?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
We've got a place called "Wild By Nature" which is just like Whole Foods, and we've got a Trader Joes as well. Both are pretty good places.

I think they're opening up a Whole Foods near us, though...coincidentally, right near a HUGE LA fitness center.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

If you ever get the chance, get the premade Salsa Verde burritos from Trader Joes.  They come prepackaged 2 to a box for like $5.  They are the best store-bought burritos evA
The#1Spot
+105|6539|byah
The closest one to me is over 140miles away so I have never been to one.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

If you ever get the chance, get the premade Salsa Verde burritos from Trader Joes.  They come prepackaged 2 to a box for like $5.  They are the best store-bought burritos evA
I think I actually have had a Salsa Verde burrito from there before.

What I really love from TJ's though is their frozen breaded chicken. Shit's fucking awesome.
bad-man
now say you sorry
+34|5847|one windy city

ghettoperson wrote:

Sounds like you've turned into a pussy Marine. Chemical shit is good for you, man the fuck up!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6672|Colorado
My fiance is the team leader at one, WFM has a great leadership programs that let you take it as far as you want, the sky is the limit.
I like the whole approach to hiring as the team has to vote you on, if your not a good worker you don't get voted on the team & then fired.
My girl is also the green mission rep for the store & moving up fast, she makes me proud .
They may cost a few penny's more but the quality you get is unsurpassed.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

what happened to going to the market, buying what you like, then cooking it yourself?

There must be a way between McDonald's and this wannabe hippie stuff
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

max wrote:

what happened to going to the market, buying what you like, then cooking it yourself?

You never buy frozen pizzas?  Sometimes you don't have time to cook
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

max wrote:

In the US a large percentage of the food is pre-prepared stuff. Slightly different way of eating to Europe.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

ghettoperson wrote:

In the US a large percentage of the food is pre-prepared stuff. Slightly different way of eating to Europe.
???

unless you go kill your food everyday, it is all pre-prepared.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard