nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
Yes, I am finally going to purchase TF2.

Also, Portal for $4.99 is a steal. I got that as well.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-12-26 20:06:56)

Oldirti
+10|6089
Should i get COD4 or L4D as they are both 37.50 right now.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
CoD4 for SP, L4D for MP, I'd say.

Good CoD4 servers seem to have gone extinct.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

DefCon-17 wrote:

CoD4 for SP, L4D for MP, I'd say.

Good CoD4 servers seem to have gone extinct. never existed
L4D.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA
I suggest the Valve pack, it includes all the Half Life games, TF2, L4D, CS and some other Valve games for $75. Although I personally don't think TF2 is all that great, seems like a noobified version of TFC which is still awesome.

Other than that, I think Bioshock was $5 which looks like a great deal, but I'll probably just wait and rent it for PS3 off Gamefly eventually. I suggest just looking through the games, you may find some oldies. But I also suggest checking out www.gametap.com first. I know Psychonauts is free on that site but you have to pay for it on Steam. I also think the first 2 Hitmans are free on Gametap where you also have to pay for them on Steam. If you're looking at the oldies, look at Gametap first before you waste money on Steam.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6405
Someone tell me if the relic pack is good/worth it. It's £20.24 and I have CoH on DVD but never bothered completing the first mission and got bored at the end of the demo when you had to spend 15 minutes just organising your troops.
Oldirti
+10|6089
I wouldn't get it if you're going for Dawn of War series, because DOWII is dropping Q1/Q2 2009 and is supposed to be really good.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland
Just bought L4D. £20 seems a good price
Brasso
+1,549|6600

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Bioshock for $5 for me, pretty sweet.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mugen
+19|5969
since they fucked up the € prices, I can still buy most games as a hard copy cheaper in a store >_>
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
Steam Store makes me horny for Empire: Total War. I'm tempted to even buy Medieval or Rome just to bide me over until Empire is released... I played Shogun and absolutely loved it, but that was years ago now. Someone convince me I'm a crazy shop-happy retard, or hence otherwise convicne me that those games are the best evar and are totally worth my money. +Karmaz.

@ Mugen: Steam offer a service, a convenience and an ability to have your games with you wherever you go without needing to carry a library of hardcopy CD's. So do not automatically assume that because they are not selling you a physical disc in a plastic case, that it is worth less.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Oldirti
+10|6089
It's not worthless, it's just that they fucked up the Eureopean---->US dollar prices, so they pay more than they would with regular prices without the sale.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
I just bought Far Cry 2 Cheers for letting me know about this
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada

Uzique wrote:

Steam Store makes me horny for Empire: Total War. I'm tempted to even buy Medieval or Rome just to bide me over until Empire is released... I played Shogun and absolutely loved it, but that was years ago now. Someone convince me I'm a crazy shop-happy retard, or hence otherwise convicne me that those games are the best evar and are totally worth my money. +Karmaz.

@ Mugen: Steam offer a service, a convenience and an ability to have your games with you wherever you go without needing to carry a library of hardcopy CD's. So do not automatically assume that because they are not selling you a physical disc in a plastic case, that it is worth less.
You're a crazy shop-happy retard who should buy the games because they are the best evar and are totally worth your money.
Mugen
+19|5969

Uzique wrote:

true, but on the other hand, this hardly makes it worth more? even, at best.

depends on personal preference, of course, but imo charging much more is just ridiculous.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

DefCon-17 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

You're a crazy shop-happy retard who should buy the games because they are the best evar and are totally worth your money.
Ordered the Medieval Gold Pack... was more attracted to the theme of Rome but silly Steam don't have it as a purchasable on their store at the moment. Their loss .
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
chittydog
less busy
+586|6805|Kubra, Damn it!

Man... I bought Bioshock on the 24th.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6575|Greenwood, IN
I guess i'll break down and buy left for dead since its on sale.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
Ended up buying:

Medieval II: Total War
Medieval II: Kingdoms
Rome Gold Pack
Civ IV
Civ IV: Warlords
Civ IV: Beyond The Sword
Civ IV: Colonization

Will probably never play any of them, but I've always felt as though I should 'get' and crack into this turn-based strategy genre. Always hated it, yet it has always been so highly-reviewed and critically acclaimed... plus, Empire: Total War looks utterly gorgeous and I definitely want to get my teeth stuck into that .

Last edited by Uzique (2008-12-29 17:10:01)

Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6575|Greenwood, IN
I just bought L4D.  >.<

/me cries

Edit: OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG THIS GAME IS AWSOME!!!  Then again so is Fallout 3. 

Last edited by Naturn (2009-01-01 02:25:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard