.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6463|The Twilight Zone

lowing wrote:

.Sup wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

THE MISTAKE IS Relgion. . . . . . . . PERIOD!

The biggest lie EVER brought on human civilization! It unreal how many people have died as a result of man created religion!!! SO FUCKING SAD!!

Why cant everyone just drink jagermeister and be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!
Without religion there would be even more wars and the destruction of world nearer, mister.
considering most wars have been fought and more people have been killed in the name of religion or God I find your statement hard to believe.
We are still alive aren't we? Without religion this world might not exist anymore. Without religion>no moral principles>nothing to stop us from destroying ourselves
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Now what, you are gunna criticize Israel because they have air superiority over the region? Yup no bias there
Yeah, cause they if they had of rolled in with tanks would it have been better... OMG
well, ya musta had a point with your previous post, I guess I missed it.
Say hello you gangsta rap lover.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6163|what

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Now what, you are gunna criticize Israel because they have air superiority over the region? Yup no bias there
Yeah, cause they if they had of rolled in with tanks would it have been better... OMG
Wow. I say that Hamas can't respond with an air force and you think it's bias over the "air superiority" , I play with the idea of a land superiority alternative of tanks cause that would've been more even (irony), and you still miss the point.

You'd probably think that if I didn't like Israel dropping a Nuke on Palestine it would be due to bias over Nuclear superiority and I'm picking on Israel.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6499|Gogledd Cymru

.Sup wrote:

We are still alive aren't we? Without religion this world might not exist anymore. Without religion>no moral principles>nothing to stop us from destroying ourselves
I'm far from religious, yet I have morals, not everyone is a lawless criminal.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Wow. I say that Hamas can't respond with an air force and you think it's bias over the "air superiority" , I play with the idea of a land superiority alternative of tanks cause that would've been more even (irony), and you still miss the point.

You'd probably think that if I didn't like Israel dropping a Nuke on Palestine it would be due to bias over Nuclear superiority and I'm picking on Israel.
nope, I assume bias because of your lack of disgust as to what Israel is responding to.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6163|what

Ethics and morals can be entirely separate from religion. You don't need the fear of hell to stop you from committing murder and knowing right from wrong.
.Sup
be nice

The Sheriff wrote:

.Sup wrote:

I'm far from religious, yet I have morals, not everyone is a lawless criminal.
Those morals are thought by priests.

10 divine commandments

Last edited by .Sup (2008-12-28 05:03:12)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6499|Gogledd Cymru

I know plenty of people who aren't religious, yet are decent and know the difference between what's morally acceptable and what isn't, they don't want to go to heaven/get their 72 virgins.

If religion was never around, people would still have morals.
.Sup
be nice

The Sheriff wrote:

I know plenty of people who aren't religious, yet are decent and know the difference between what's morally acceptable and what isn't, they don't want to go to heaven/get their 72 virgins.

Priests teach our ancestors about morals, they teach us. religion has often stopped me from stealing
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6163|what

lowing wrote:

nope, I assume bias because of your lack of disgust as to what Israel is responding to.
Rouge rocket attacks from select militants = an airstrike which kills 230 people and throws any chance of peace of a cease fire out the window.

Where should I feel the disgust? I feel disgust against the militants, sure.

But for the two hundred and thirty people who died indiscriminately from an airstrike? I feel disgust towards the cause of those deaths.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Ethics and morals can be entirely separate from religion. You don't need the fear of hell to stop you from committing murder and knowing right from wrong.
Still missing your point, I never said a word about religion. If you wanna explain your bias just do so.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Rouge rocket attacks from select militants = an airstrike which kills 230 people and throws any chance of peace of a cease fire out the window.

Where should I feel the disgust? I feel disgust against the militants, sure.

But for the two hundred and thirty people who died indiscriminately from an airstrike? I feel disgust towards the cause of those deaths.
Oh shit my fault, I was under the assumption that any chance for peace failed when the rockets were hurled at Israel, but you are saying the any chance at peace failed when Israel refused to sit back and take it. I understand your position now.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6163|what

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Still missing your point, I never said a word about religion. If you wanna explain your bias just do so.
Sheffa and Sup are talking about it, duh.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6163|what

lowing wrote:

Oh shit my fault, I was under the assumption that any chance for peace failed when the rockets were hurled at Israel, but you are saying the any chance at peace failed when Israel refused to sit back and take it. I understand your position now.
Wait, who fired the rockets Lowing?

Was it Hamas? Did the Palestinian government sanction these militants, arm them, supply any aid to them? No....?

But still all of Palestine are to be criticised, have hell reign down upon them and civilians are accepted as necessary collateral because the militants are taught a lesson...

It was Palestine who didn't want a cease fire, is that it?

It was the Israeli government that decided to launch and airstrike. They are now going against the UN who are quite frankly incapable of bringing Israel into peace negotiations any more. The UN could be fighting against the militants inside Palestine.

Instead they have to smack Israel on the wrist for once again bringing a gun to a knife fight, for lack of a better analogy.
Sorcerer0513
+18|6552|Outer Space

.Sup wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Those morals are thought by priests.

10 divine commandments

.Sup wrote:

Priests teach our ancestors about morals, they teach us. religion has often stopped me from stealing
GTFO out of my country... now.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6480
Popular morality derives from many things other than mainstream religious belief, some of the fundamental pillars of morality may have been written down in religious scripture- but that almost implies that before the Bible everyone was freely killing each other with no remorse or conscience. Not quite right. Priests didn't teach you not to steal, common humanity and morality did. Many other factors such as peer/societal pressures, sympathy/empathy and other human emotions etc.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

.Sup wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

You dirty thief, stop stealing now! jk

Maybe it worked for you, but our society's morality doesn't come from any Religion, but from common sense, what we learn at home, at school, a set of values that has existed way before any Religion.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS

.Sup wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

I would've hoped you didn't need priests for that...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
.Sup
be nice

Spark wrote:

.Sup wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

I would've hoped you didn't need priests for that...
What I wanted to say was religious people know much about morality and are spreading it, without them there might not be enough of it to prevent total destruction of this world. I'm saying this cos I think morality is the key to peace.
Sorcerer I'm not from space.
c14u53w172
+31|6008|tomania

CameronPoe wrote:

To be fair this is a pretty legitimate military response to a barrage of rockets following a ceasefire Hamas wouldn't extend.
jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.

.Sup wrote:

lowing wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Without religion there would be even more wars and the destruction of world nearer, mister.
considering most wars have been fought and more people have been killed in the name of religion or God I find your statement hard to believe.
Fucking dunce. You really think the only reason people aren't killing each other and stealing their houses is because they fear going to Hell? Wow...

Religion doesn't scare most anymore, we are not in the 16th century anymore. And yet the West is fine, we aren't killing and raping eachother all the time and have no morals....
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England

.Sup wrote:

religion has often stopped me from stealing
That's cos you're an idiot, also answer me this. Did it stop you from stealing because you didn't want to go to hell or was it because you genuinely thought what you were doing is bad. Fact is, religion only scares people into being good for the most time. A person doing a good deed without being bribed of getting their virgins/heavens is a worse person than someone who is simply being good for the sake of being good.

Also I said you're an idiot cos you needed religion to stop you from stealing, gg. Not that I'm clean myself, but still.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5760|شمال
Religion keeps me from stealing, blackmailing, drug business, stolen goods business, assaults... the list can only get bigger with time. I would be kicking GTA style

Religion keeps me good. Am not an angel, but religion has certainly showed me how to be a good person.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.

Beduin wrote:

Religion keeps me from stealing, blackmailing, drug business, stolen goods business, assaults... the list can only get bigger with time. I would be kicking GTA style

Religion keeps me good. Am not an angel, but religion has certainly showed me how to be a good person.
No because what stops most people is the threat of prison, of which religion isn't going to save you party time in the showers with a guy called Iqbal the rapist...

You would not be in the drug business or assaulting people if you were an atheist. You would do the same shit you do now minus praying.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6503|Connecticut
I am not a Religious man and I don't steal, murder, cheat or any of that stuff. It's how you are raised tbh.
Malloy must go

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard