doc. josh
+48|6555
I have decided for my new computer I am going to get a C2Q 9300 and a 4850(will get this later on more then likely) on a $600 budget. What I would Like Is if you could recommend me a Case preferably a mid tower with a decent 500w-600w PSU and maybe a see through side panel($50-$75?), A motherboard to go along with all of this that has at least one PCI-E 2.0 slot and some very good Memory to go along with it all. I am going to re-use my DVD drive and HDD from my current computer and If I have to my PSU the problem is it is only 460W.

Edit: I am going to order it all of of newegg or if its cheaper get a local computer store to put one together for me but I would much rather build it my self

Last edited by doc. josh (2008-12-26 22:49:43)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6322

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6159|'straya

ebug9 wrote:

Case
Mobo
RAM
Nice choice of RAM. i have the same stuff and its excellent. mobo also reasonable. havent heard much about that case/psu though...
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6322

Didn't know whether he wanted a case+PSU combo or not so that's what I suggested. I have no idea how good it is either.
doc. josh
+48|6555
Case+PSU would kick ass as long as it is a quality PSU
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6322

https://i40.tinypic.com/4jrl2p.png

How does that look? Good quality PSU compared to the combo deal with the case.

Case

Power Supply

RAM

Motherboard

CPU

Last edited by ebug9 (2008-12-26 23:27:17)

doc. josh
+48|6555
^ if I get that I will need to save a shit load more for a GFX card and ah shit just realized thats all USD I live in canada
CC-Marley
+407|6839
Do you have to be a complete idiot to mess up a build. Been wanting to build my own. Just never confident enough. I've bought Dell's instead. They've been great over the last 6 years but at $2500?
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6159|'straya

CC-Marley wrote:

Do you have to be a complete idiot to mess up a build. Been wanting to build my own. Just never confident enough. I've bought Dell's instead. They've been great over the last 6 years but at $2500?
Basically... take ur time to research... watch videos of people building computer... watch video reviews of products you are after... take apart a old computer u might have laying around... its all help full. but the base rule with building is: if in doubt ask someone who knows... even if u think its a stupid question its better than stuffing it up.
doc. josh
+48|6555
Does any one know when the Intel Price drops will happen maybe making the 9300 down to $190CDN?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6701|Devon, England

CC-Marley wrote:

It's piss easy.

Like building Lego, just as long as you follow the instruction manual (Motherboard Manual).
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6159|'straya

FFLink13 wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

It's piss easy.

Like building Lego, just as long as you follow the instruction manual (Motherboard Manual).
haha i never actually opened any manuals im stubborn but i didnt screw anything up. luckily lol
GR34
+215|6555|ALBERTA> CANADA
Iam actualy doing a very similar build and was wondering about mother boards should I go with the recommended ASUS or one of these?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as … 6813138122
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as … 6813128345

The only thing I hate about the Asus  and I know it does not matter but It looks like some on shit on it ugly brown I wanted something to go along with my blu/green inside case but w/e

Iam getting 9300

same ram as in the picture

Last edited by GR34 (2008-12-28 14:59:39)

GR34
will the fact that the ram is 1066 and the FSB of the 9300 is 1333 make a difference?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6578|NYC / Hamburg

minimum ram divider on intel chipsets is 2:1

Max FSB you can run with that ram is 533. That would give you a max OC of 4GHz (533*7.5). Not that your CPU will be able to hit that ...
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
GR34

max wrote:

Max FSB you can run with that ram is 533. That would give you a max OC of 4GHz (533*7.5). Not that your CPU will be able to hit that ...
I was thinking of maybe going to 3GHz and thank you.

So stick with the recommended ASUS P5Q?
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5915|CA

GR34 wrote:

max wrote:

P5Q Pro is black, I love it.

@Poster Scared to build:  So was I, thinking I'd fuck up something, and I had always used OEM machines (Dells, Gateway, etc.) before, and decided it was time.

It took me abut half a day to get it fully built and in the case.  Then the following two days were doing drivers, re-installing OS's, and all types of fun stuff.  Seriously, it was very easy and straight-forward.

My Advice: Purchase components that are popular (more popular = more support/fixes), and read the motherboard manual.  Seriously, it's like the bible of your build when doing it for the first time, I followed all instructions, and this thing works great.

Overclocking is whole different story.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6578|NYC / Hamburg

GR34 wrote:

max wrote:

for 3GHz 800MHz ram will do
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
GR34

max wrote:

GR34 wrote:

max wrote:

for 3GHz 800MHz ram will do
I will try to  push it to 3.5-3.8 after I get a better cooler, And Iam going with the P5Q,

this one
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as … 6813131335

or

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as … 6813131347

???

One last this will a 550W power supply be able to run 4850 Q9300 4 gigs of ram a HDD 3 fans ect...?

Here is what  Iam getting Does any one know of any ways to maybe save a bit of money on this as well?

https://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/josheyG34/Newcomputer.jpg

Last edited by GR34 (2008-12-28 23:08:46)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6776|Cambridge (UK)

GR34 wrote:

will the fact that the ram is 1066 and the FSB of the 9300 is 1333 make a difference?
If you weren't planning to overclock, yes - for best overall performance you want to match ram speed to cpu FSB.

But as you seem to be planning to overclock, no - do what max says.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

Basically... take ur time to research... watch videos of people building computer... watch video reviews of products you are after... take apart a old computer u might have laying around... its all help full. but the base rule with building is: if in doubt ask someone who knows... even if u think its a stupid question its better than stuffing it up.
Be ready with some free time on your hands. If something can go wrong, it's a good bet that it probably will. Don't give away/sell your old rig until you're sure the bugs are ironed out.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-12-28 23:49:57)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6208|Winland

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

GR34 wrote:

If you weren't planning to overclock, yes - for best overall performance you want to match ram speed to cpu FSB.

Not really. More RAM bandwidth is always better. Try it yourself.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6776|Cambridge (UK)

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

GR34 wrote:

Not really. More RAM bandwidth is always better. Try it yourself.
If you're keeping everything at stock speeds, the best, overall, setup is to have RAM speed matched to CPU fsb, all other things being equal.

Once you start messing with the various clockings, then it's a whole other ball game, and you're then correct - it is then best to optimize bandwidth.

I'm talking about if you just want to buy the bits, slap 'em together, and not have to spend a week tweaking the arse out of it.
GR34
will a 600W PSU be sufficient to run a C2Q9300 and a 4870 2 sticks of ram(4gb) 1 HDD 1 DVD drive and maybe an over clocked CPU to 3 - 3.5GHz
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6159|'straya

GR34 wrote:

will a 600W PSU be sufficient to run a C2Q9300 and a 4870 2 sticks of ram(4gb) 1 HDD 1 DVD drive and maybe an over clocked CPU to 3 - 3.5GHz
Most likely. but that wont leave u much room for upgrades... eg if one day u wanted to throw in another 4870.... or upgrade to a 4870x2 (or 5870x2 or watever) u may need to look at a new PSU.... but yer it would probably run it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard