Sinn_Ah_Taggh
+15|6431|Norway
I have recently upgraded my motherboard and after hooking up all the hardware and cables i wont start up.
its completely dead...no lights,no fans,no bips,no nothing..!
I have changed my psu so as far as I'm concerned its not that and i have also gotten a new motherboard because i suspected that it was dead on arrival.

Other new parts include two new pieces of ram in addition to the new motherboard and psu.
the specs:

Silverpower SP-600A2C @ 600W (new)

Gigabyte S-Series EP35-DS4 socket 775/rev 2.1 ATX (new)

4 gb @ 2x2 Corsair xms2 ddr2 @ 800 MHz (new)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz

Sony AW-G170A - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - IDE

Samsung SpinPoint P120 SP2504C - 250 GB - SATA-300

Gainward 7900GS PCX 512 MB

If anyone have anything that can resolve this problem i will be in great thanks because i haven't been able to play for at least 2 months now!!
I NEED MY FIX!!

Anyways,thanks in advance
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6296|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Aw, poor gamer...

Anyway when you hook up the motherboard all alone with the PSU does the power indicator lights on the mobo light up?

if it doesn't on any of the motherboards try another PSU

if there is still no result try the different psu with the different mobo, if this grants a result I can only see RMA'ing the mobo and PSU as a possible fix

edit: also, I am allmost afraid to ask.. some motherboards use a 10-pin connector and a 4-pin in another location, while some require a 14-pin (10+4) and a 4-pin in another location... are you 200% certain that everything is connected the right way and in the right locations ?

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-12-26 12:23:16)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

Make sure you have plugged in the 4/8 -pin CPU connector to the mobo and the 6-pin connector to the graphics card.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6424|Finland

if even the motherboards power on led doesn't light up... and you have changed both PSU and mobo... there is some kind of funky compatibility issue...

completely reassemble it again... triple check the cables... try different cables...
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
FloppY_
­

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

if even the motherboards power on led doesn't light up... and you have changed both PSU and mobo... there is some kind of funky compatibility issue...

completely reassemble it again... triple check the cables... try different cables...
This, or my above post
Sinn_Ah_Taggh
+15|6431|Norway
I haven't tried removing any of the components but the motherboard,everything is hooked up.
maybe i should try with only the ram,gpu and cpu cooler to see if anything lights up?
oh...and i seem to have trouble connecting those tiny pins that go on the front panel headers...maybe the problem lies there??
i have connected the according to the manual,but i cant seem to find out which side is + and - . i only presume that the writing on those pins should be facing me when the + is on the left hand side (did anyone get that?? ).

this has become somewhat of a giant headache the last few weeks..!!
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6424|Finland

Sinn_Ah_Taggh wrote:

I haven't tried removing any of the components but the motherboard,everything is hooked up.
maybe i should try with only the ram,gpu and cpu cooler to see if anything lights up?
oh...and i seem to have trouble connecting those tiny pins that go on the front panel headers...maybe the problem lies there??
i have connected the according to the manual,but i cant seem to find out which side is + and - . i only presume that the writing on those pins should be facing me when the + is on the left hand side (did anyone get that?? ).

no I didn't... but now I gotta say something.... READ THE MOBO MANUAL IT HAS COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO DO IT

edit: This is why Asus > Others. They have Q-connector thingy that makes sticking the case wires right so easy that half blind monkey can do it!

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2008-12-26 12:33:27)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Sinn_Ah_Taggh
+15|6431|Norway

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Sinn_Ah_Taggh wrote:

no I didn't... but now I gotta say something.... READ THE MOBO MANUAL IT HAS COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO DO IT
hehehe,yeah...well,i´ve read the damn thing and i have read it again,but still no dice with the powerup..!
I have tried different solutions to the front panel headers,and nothing.
but the thought of compatibility issue suddenly makes me think...
i think i will try stripping down the rigg and try with only the essentials and then add on stuff until it says stop.
(that is,if i get the damn thing to fire up )
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6424|Finland

u do that. if that doesn't work, take it all apart and do a complete reassembly with just the essentials.
Sinn_Ah_Taggh
+15|6431|Norway
i just got a little tip from a guy on a nother forum.
he said that he had a similar problem when he installeed his new mobo and that it was a ressult of not having enough of those screws that mounts the mobo to the casing.
i have only for screws from my old mobo and the new one uses 9.
could this have annything to say for the flow of power??

Last edited by Sinn_Ah_Taggh (2008-12-26 12:41:19)

GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6424|Finland

Sinn_Ah_Taggh wrote:

i just got a little tip from a guy on a nother forum.
he said that he had a similar problem when he installeed his new mobo and that it was a ressult of not having enough of those screws that mounts the mobo to the casing.
i have only for screws from my old mobo and the new one uses 9.
could this have annything to say for the flow of power??
it works just fine outside the case without those spacers. the spacers are essentials for installing the mobo to the case and not getting it short-circuited. are u sure u have not something short-circuited? like a spacer on wrong spot and touching the mobo were it shouldn't?
Sinn_Ah_Taggh
+15|6431|Norway
no,I'm not sure about that.
that will be the next step of my troubleshooting.
it sounds simple enough to be the root of the problem,but what if its not?
i will remove all the parts anyways and re-assemble the whole damn thing in steps to see if maybe there are some parts that not function properly.
Sinn_Ah_Taggh
+15|6431|Norway
This thread can now be closed,problem is solved
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6424|Finland

I'm dying to hear what was the problem...?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6701|Devon, England
Yeah, you can't just keep us in suspense like that!
FloppY_
­
RRRAAAAGGGEEE!!

I cannot wait untill tommorrow when he gets back online and tells us xD
Sinn_Ah_Taggh
+15|6431|Norway
Ironic or not,ill post my solution anyways

After removing all components but CPU,CPU cooler,RAM and GPU  i got it to start.
so by using the method of elimination i hooked up one cable at a time.
When i came to some USB pins for my memory card reader on the front panel,my mobo said STOP!
I also had an issue with a PCI connector for my GPU.
This i replaced with a PCI connector from my PSU and voila...problem solved

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard