Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
A big pot of boiling water dumped on my hand. Fuck.

That or being hit by a car.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black

wensleydale8 wrote:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ewl106.jpg

best of a bad bunch really but you can see how the end of my finger is deformed and has a scar running down the top part.

also if there complications i wouldnt have the end of that finger luckly i do.
Damn. That's mingin.

I've got a scar running horizontal around my finger, because I put it in a blender. By accident, of course.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

Splitting my head open when I was like, 5. Stitches and all...that fecking hurt.

Oh, and having 2 teeth removed. Those fucking painful injections certainly didnt make it less painful.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6631

See member title.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

Don't remember it but, I pulled a pot of boiling water on myself when I was 3. Still have a scar on my arm.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Hey. My kinda topic. Try getting some sense out of this. I'm tired and rambling all of this in completely no order. So.

I have this fractured disc in my lower back (L4-L5 disc). The docs don't know how it has happened but nevermind that. So far I've had two surgeries due to my spine looking like the pic below. The pic is not from my back but it shows quite well what's going on. So there are these organic discs of fluid in the spaces between the bones. One of them has been fractured and the fluid is leaking out on the pile of nerves going just near the disc. This causes a helluva lot of pain in my case in the right buttock, thigh, calf and the Achilles tendon. The pain is something that can't be treated with meds in any way since the fluid is irritating the nerve constantly. The only thing is to take some pills that relax your muscles and try to get some sleep since it's the only time that atleast I can't feel pain.

I had this for around 2,5-3 years until I got into surgery and I can say I was very down when the pain was at its worst. Before I got the quacks convinced I need surgery I was scared shitless one day walking to the job. My both feet went powerless for a fraction of a second. I went straight to the company doc and said I'm no longer waiting to be paralysed or something similar. Less than 2 months from that point the nurses were shaking their heads when they were pushing me into the operating room. I was high on some kinda meds and giggling "I'm going to surgery, I'm going to surgery".

Before the first time I had the operation I didn't know if the disc was just dislocated or fractured and ofcourse the doc told me that I had the shittier version. But he took the pain away and I though fuck it and thanked the man for fixing me. Two years later the pain started building up again and I was nekkid on the table again. I tried to get the local House to either replace the disc with a titanium one, or remove the disc completely and bolt the two bones into one position. They said that the titanium one isn't that explored yet (although used since the '80s!!) and the latter one they refused to do because I was just 25. So they did what they did the first time. Open up and remove the fluid pressing on the nerves. Good thing it was the same doc as on the first round and he had done round two surgeries before. This because there was a lot of scar tissue in there and someone not knowing shit would've just scraped the tissue away along with the nerves and then I would've been going around in a wheelchair.

So now I'm just trying to work out and keep my back in shape so won't score a scar hattrick. Although as the pain is there I think I'm on the table again in some years. They better do something else that time.

Funny stuff I remember from the two trips to the hospital. The assistant surgeon presented me the first time some plyers that they used to pull my muscles out of my spine. After the surgery as I woked up the nurse asked I she can get me anything. I ordered a pizza. I received a yoghurt and a glass of juice. I was in a room with some old geezers that had or were going to have brain surgery. One of them got good news from a extremely hot big tittied young surgeon that he wouldn't need a surgery since the pressure has gone down in the head. The dirty old fart was naturally happy and spread his arms and said "I'm so happy I could hug you now!" At that point I lift my head from my book and almost yell out loud "Jesus Christ I'm next in the hug queue if that thing gets any!". No need to get in line. The woman just said "Right. You pack your things and go home now. Bye bye." I had lulz. After the second surgery I woke up in this room and a nurse was immediately in front of me and asked how I was doing. I said ok and that everything moves but some pain I can feel in the back. "Oh, ok let's give you something for that". So I got a needle of something. About one min later another nurse comes over "Hey you're awake! Let's give you something for the pain you must be having now" "Bu... I... oh... wh-eeeeeee" So I got two shot of the same something. After that I had no pain whatsoever until I woke up the next morning. Shoulda asked for some to go when I left the place that day.

That's that. Off to sleep.

Here's the pic

https://depts.washington.edu/neurosur/spine_center/images/spondylo-deg.jpg
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6570

Sciatica
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

Hitting turbulance while walking up the isle of a boeing 737 with an unsupported broken collar bone. That was a bit shit tbh. I didn't fall on it but I tried to grab an arm rest to steady myself reflexively.

That was a cunt.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
TravisC555
+118|6218|Cox Convention Center, OK

Snake wrote:

Oh, and having 2 teeth removed. Those fucking painful injections certainly didnt make it less painful.
How about having a tooth pulled and the fucking dentist dropping the tooth down your mouth by accident. I think I coughed it up, though. That was many years ago.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

i watched 24 once
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6462|Tyne & Wear, England
Probs when I was having a shit not long ago, it felt like it came out sideways.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Kez
+778|5702|London, UK
Definately the thought of Ilford when he's in a sexual mood as of late
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6631

Kptk92 wrote:

Definately the thought of Ilford when he's in a sexual mood as of late
It's what happens when ilford gets into his sexual mood.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

usmarine wrote:

i watched 24 once
That's nothing, I watched 30 minutes of High School Musical once.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6129|Carnoustie MASSIF

Toilet Sex wrote:

Sciatica
Amen. I know how you feel. I have that, and I'm only 18, was 14 when I got it.

Worst pain would be a nine-inch-nail through the foot. Or broken rib. Or broken collarbone. Or swing to the side of the head thanks to Finray.

Probably the sciatica actually.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

ghettoperson wrote:

usmarine wrote:

i watched 24 once
That's nothing, I watched 30 minutes of High School Musical once.
hmmmm....that's just as bad.  i feel your pain.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
Gallstones at age 6. Then again I don't remember my circumcision.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6631

i like them natural
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6454|The edge of sanity
When I had a ingrown toenail the anesthesiologist stuck the needle through my toe.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

When I had a ingrown toenail the anesthesiologist stuck the needle through my toe.
ouch.  when i was in the suck, i had an ingrown toenail so infected that the numbing shots would not work.  they had people holding down each limb while he yanked that bastard out of my toe.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6485|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
I caught food poisoning when I was in Okinawa right before a 72(3 day weekend). I layed in the bottom of the shower for the whole time having it come outta both ends. Took 5 IV bags to get me coherent.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

SgtHeihn wrote:

I caught food poisoning when I was in Okinawa right before a 72(3 day weekend). I layed in the bottom of the shower for the whole time having it come outta both ends. Took 5 IV bags to get me coherent.
yes but taco, rice, and cheese is so tasty.  so worth it.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6491|Connecticut
kicking booze.
Malloy must go
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6485|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

usmarine wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

It was the BK in the food court. They had got a batch of bad beef. Still the best BK I have ever been too, also the best Taco Bell.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

SgtHeihn wrote:

usmarine wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

It was the BK in the food court. They had got a batch of bad beef. Still the best BK I have ever been too, also the best Taco Bell.
meh... i'll take my taco, rice, and cheese out in kinville

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard