Hey,

I have a pair of 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 PC8500, will they work with these:
http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=349998

And is it worth upgrading to 8GB?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6321|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Do you have a 64bit Operating system ?

As long as they are the same kind (PC8500) you should be fine, if the speed is faster on one set they will simply run as slow as the slowest set mounted..

e.g. 1200Mhz + 1066Mhz = 1066Mhz on both...

Give the Kingston T1 a look before you buy aswell they have faster timings than the ones you found, although they do cost slightly more
https://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cu372JeDOeiD/610x.jpg
PC8500
1200Mhz/1066Mhz
2Gb

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-12-22 14:49:07)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6641|Stockholm, Sweden
of course
Brasso
+1,549|6665

yes they will.  and no it is not.  also, check the timings of both sets (the one you have already, and the one you play to buy).  try to get timings and voltages that are similar.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
FloppY_
­

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

of course
What do you use your PC for?

Games ?
3D rendering ?
Pro. level Video Editing ?

also: I would like to hear what motherboard you have

also: are these the ones you have?
http://www.edbpriser.dk/Products/Listpr … Specs=true
, if so.. the kingston T1's I am also getting are a better match as they have the same timings as the Dominators you have, and to be honest, if you care about looks just a little, you should get some identical to those you have now

Edited above post aswell ^^^^

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-12-22 14:52:04)

Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy

FloppY_ wrote:

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

of course

Games ?
3D rendering ?

I use it mostly for gaming and studying, surfing etc. And maybe a bit for Video editing. So maybe 8 GB is a bit overkill. It's just that they have a 40% discount on the OCZ Reaper 4GB PC8500 memories right now, so i'd feel stupid not taking the opportunity .

I'll give you the specs off my rig:

Mobo: Abit IX38 Quad-GT
Graphics: PowerColor Radeon HD 4850
CPU: Intel C2 E8400 @ 2.2GHz
Memory: 4GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 PC8500

I will check the timings, but I think they are the same.

FloppY_ wrote:

also: are these the ones you have?
http://www.edbpriser.dk/Products/Listpr … Specs=true
, if so.. the kingston T1's I am also getting are a better match as they have the same timings as the Dominators you have, and to be honest, if you care about looks just a little, you should get some identical to those you have now
Yes, its that model.

Last edited by Snorkelfarsan (2008-12-22 14:56:37)

FloppY_
­

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

of course

Games ?
3D rendering ?

I use it mostly for gaming and studying, surfing etc. And maybe a bit for Video editing. So maybe 8 GB is a bit overkill.
I think 8Gb will be pretty much overkill, at least at the moment, and considering your GFX card which has 512mb ram I think you should spare the money of those extra 4Gb and use them later to purchase a second 4850

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

It's just that they have a 40% discount on the OCZ Reaper 4GB PC8500 memories right now, so i'd feel stupid not taking the opportunity .
Oh i see

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

I'll give you the specs off my rig:

Mobo: Abit IX38 Quad-GT
Graphics: PowerColor Radeon HD 4850
CPU: Intel C2 E8400 @ 2.2GHz
Memory: 4GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 PC8500

I will check the timings, but I think they are the same.
I can see that your mobo supports Dual channel DDR2 1066/800/667/533 so everything looks fine and dandy there I just had to check

Your timings should be 5-5-5-15, the same as the kingstons

The OC-Z run 5-5-5-18, so that is technically slower, but I doubt you will notice it unless you are really overclocking your CPU to the max or something like that

One thing I find odd though is that these: http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/m … pc_edition
have the same timing as the others 5-5-5-15, It could be a typo on the website or there beeing special versions of the reaper series.. but I don't know yet, still reading though

I discovered that it is the 4Gb version that is slower
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/m … gb_edition
Is it all OCZ products or just the one you linked to that are on sale?

Last edited by FloppY_ (2008-12-22 15:04:10)

Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
I was planning on buying another 4850 later on anyway, but your right though. i should probably save my money and overclock the memories that i already have.

I'll have to think about buying them, not sure what to do yet... thanks for you help though!
FloppY_
­

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

I was planning on buying another 4850 later on anyway, but your right though. i should probably save my money and overclock the memories that i already have.

I'll have to think about buying them, not sure what to do yet... thanks for you help though!
I just think that anything above 4Gb is overkill

I have 2Gb of 266Mhz at the moment (ye ye I know see my signature )

And they actually manage to run crysis on medium along with my E6600 and 7900GTO all non-OC with a playable framerate ~20-30
(I do set the settings @ lowest when I wan't to play through it )

You might have missed it, but I asked you whether they had discounts on all OCZ products or only the 4Gb module you showed
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6800|Cambridge (UK)

haffeysucks wrote:

yes they will.  and no it is not.  also, check the timings of both sets (the one you have already, and the one you play to buy).  try to get timings and voltages that are similar.
QFT.

@OP: Your safest bet is to buy exactly the same make and model RAM as you already have. Anything else is asking for trouble, unless you spend the time to research the compatibility fully, and even then you're taking a risk of RAM incompatibility causing errors ranging from random apps freezing and/or crashing thru to a complete inability to boot.
FloppY_
­

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

QFT.

@OP: Your safest bet is to buy exactly the same make and model RAM as you already have. Anything else is asking for trouble, unless you spend the time to research the compatibility fully, and even then you're taking a risk of RAM incompatibility causing errors ranging from random apps freezing and/or crashing thru to a complete inability to boot.
Which (if you read the other posts I have written) I have already done for OP
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

QFT.

Ok. Only discount on the memory modules
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

QFT.

I figured. Don't think i'll buy them
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6498|cuntshitlake

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

QFT.

Taken that you have an intel chipset mobo, I doubt there would be any compatibility issues. That OCZ Reaper can easily run 5-5-5-15 too without any complications, just changed in bios.

The gains of getting 8GB of ram are minimal at the moment though, for a regular user. What you should more look into is overcocking your CPU

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2008-12-23 07:35:28)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
yeah, I have just been too lazy. Have to read a bit to gain some overclocking skills first:).
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6800|Cambridge (UK)

FloppY_ wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

QFT.

Which (if you read the other posts I have written) I have already done for OP
WHAT???

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

QFT.

Ok. Only discount on the memory modules
WHAT???

Snorkelfarsan wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

QFT.

Ah, k.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard