Jedibrain
+1|6625
WHat, exctly, does it take to get a repair point?  I was playing the other day, and repaired everything under the sun.  I got 4 repair points for all that effort. 

I thought you got it by repairing anything damaged by the enemy?  Is that not correct?  Does the vehicle/object have to be taking fire at the time?  If an APC drives back to your spawn and you repair it there, does it not count?

The only thing that has consistently worked is repairing UAV traiers and arty that's been damaged.  I'd really appreciate some clarification on this.  Is it a bug?

Brian
NiD-BackStab
+1|6618|Sweden
Well repairing commander assets certainly renders repair points as is repairing vehicles with teammates in them! So if you have been driving around in your own APC and jumping out and repairing an empty vehicle, that will render no repairpoints, although you get a full health vehicle. 

So stick close to other armored vehicles in yer team and repair them as they go and ye should be getting a bit more points,  easiest is probably to be a driver in an armored column.. and the other drivers are engineers as well.. then you will hopefully repair each other constantly as ye go..

my 5 kronor

Last edited by NiD-BackStab (2006-03-15 07:53:09)

*OL*JoseyWales
+8|6702|Phoenix Arizona
repair from fully damaged to full power gets one point each, some vehicle repairs are slower because they are not fully damaged and requires more work like a combination of repair 2 vehicles = 1 point and so on
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

And there has to be 'SOMEONE' inside the vehicle. Driving the APC back hopping out and repairing does NOTHING for repair points.

All you do is keep it alive
Trooper_Collider
+25|6744
While drving a HMMWV or a Vodnik, if getting damaged dont bail out of the vehicle to repair it; instead, use the function keys F4 or F5 (to switch position in the vehicle), get the wrench (tap 6), do the repair, and if the vechicle was severely damaged u'll get the repair point most of the times. Then u can return to the driver position (F1) and continue driving.

Semper Fi!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

Or even better take it for a dip
LG-MindBullets
+10|6721|Kirkland, WA

polarbearz wrote:

That's stat padding. Unfortunately, EA has made the engineer kit so weak and with little reward that they've forced players to resort to these tactics. IMHO, I think that engineers should get repair points for repairing 1/3 of a vehicle's health if it is occupied. Requiring that the vehicle be on the verge of exploding is ridiculous. Even if you follow vehicles around all round reparing them, unless they get damaged more than 75% you're not going to get repair points. The engineer kit is still one of the weakest kits in the game. The automatic shotgun is nice, but they have no long range weapon. At least with the AT kit you can snipe infantry with rockets.
armin
+0|6756| Bosnia & Herzegovina
sometime sthey dont register fully, if you repair something to full hp,. and get no repair points, throw a hand grenade at it, then repair, it looses only half a HP bar, but it's enough to tregister the repair point correctly
graag
+7|6676
Repairing is fractional - if you repair two half damaged (but occupied) vehicles you'll get a repair point. It's the same as medic, support and commander scoring.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

graag wrote:

Repairing is fractional - if you repair two half damaged (but occupied) vehicles you'll get a repair point. It's the same as medic, support and commander scoring.
minus support.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

polarbearz wrote:

hehe, engineer secrets revealed
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

stryyker wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Secrets? Naaah. Makings of a new class Engineer/CarWasher. Its not my fault if the vodnik gets damaged when wet. Blame EA>
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6827|Australia
i have 2000 repair points. i feel special.
Chowley
+1|6686|Ireland
Im very jealous Im spending a lot of time trying to get them for meritorious service medal.
junkpi1e
Captain Input
+4|6628|Sunshine Coast, Queensland
I need to go for a dip later for veteran engineer I think.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

kontrolcrimson wrote:

i have 2000 repair points. i feel special.
Yes you should
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

It's a pity that repairs are handled most of the time by supply crates. Usually, whenever I'm repairing a tank on foot, he'll back over me. If I move to the side to repair him, the opposing tank will see my wrenching and pepper me with its coax. Took me a half an hour to get enough repair points for the vet engineer badge during Karkand, and that was just because I was in an APC that hugged the ass of a tank for the whole match.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6781

i play mostly engineer and i have a global score that is LESS than my combat score!!!!!!
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6673|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
EA should make it 3 repair points for every 1 repair, instead of the currect 1:1 ratio. Or, you can lob little spanners on the floor like Medi Packs and Ammo Packs.  As for trying to get repair points sit in an apc and stay in it. Try and catch up with other vehicles n sit next to them. A good map for this is Songhau as you won't get dropped by a Cobra or F-15 for eg.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6781

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I been playing since a month after release and I only have 380 something repair points.
i got 170 hours as engineer and only 380 repair points:)
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6722|Toronto, ON, CAN

polarbearz wrote:

stryyker wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Secrets? Naaah. Makings of a new class Engineer/CarWasher. Its not my fault if the vodnik gets damaged when wet. Blame EA>
LOL - Not much different from a Chevy Lumina minivan now that you mention it

I agree about the repair points being way more difficult than the medic / support ammo points. If you received 2 repair points for every full health of a vehicle, I would have had my expert Engineer Badge already. I play Eng the most, and I repair friendly vehicles all the time, as well as pick up enemy mines (Which picking up 3 should be worth a repair point too IMO), but I tend to have low teamwork points in the round for all the effort. Most of my teamwork points have come from flag captures / assists / defence.

I was too late to learn the Blackhawk repair squad trick (1 week before 1.12 was released), and I have more friendly kills from mines than I like to think about (didn't you see the sign???). The vodnik in the water (or flipping the boat over near shore) was one I never considered, but I couldn't use it anyway... feels dirty.

If EA meant this class to support the armor, and help the team overall, then reward the efforts. Make the class earn the points relative the the time spent to do the work.
SunTzu
Playdough! Nope C4...
+6|6722|Toronto, ON, CAN

superfly_cox wrote:

i play mostly engineer and i have a global score that is LESS than my combat score!!!!!!
Let me guess, you also have more friendly mine kills then you can recall?
ICE
+1|6676|Bremen, Indiana
yeah repair points are hard to come by.  I started this account August 5th when I founded www.elitecombatsoldiers.com and ive only got 214 repair points...
LordOfRuin
+1|6706
OH...well, I just finished up my basic badges through concerted effort.  I got knife, explosives and engineer.

For engineer, I tried all the suggestions.

By far, the easiest thing to do is grab a fast vehcle...buggy or sandrail...and then "shadow" your other team vehicles.  Maps like Daqing Oilfield was ideal....Oman and Kubra were also good.

Joined a 64 person server, and grabbed said vehicle....then, simply follow along the bumper of a tank or LAV attacking.  You repair them by being next to them.  You won't get a point for any one repair, but they are fractional and add up.  If the firefight gets too rough, hit reverse and get outta there.  Repair yourself and repeat. 

Think "sub tender"....

Once I tried this tactic after trying all the others, I got it on my second try  on Daqing, with over 150 tickets left per side!

LordOfRuin

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard