CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine
Get the G9 man, seriously.

It is much much better than the G5. I've had both, and I loved my G5 and was stubborn to switch. But, I made the plunge and I'm very glad I did.

<3 my G9
JoshP
Banned
+176|5688|Notts, UK

CrazeD wrote:

It is much much better than the G5. I've had both, and I loved my G5 and was stubborn to switch. But, I made the plunge and I'm very glad I did.

<3 my G9
okz mate i'm really leaning towards that

why specifically is it better?  (i'm hard to please , theres a +1 in it for you if you give good reasons lol karma is the best incentive amirite?)
MysteryJake
+12|6206|California

JoshP wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

<3 my G9
okz mate i'm really leaning towards that

why specifically is it better?  (i'm hard to please , theres a +1 in it for you if you give good reasons lol karma is the best incentive amirite?)
Its only better because it has 4000DPI instead of 2000.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5688|Notts, UK
Thanks for the help guys, i talked to crazed on xfire and i've decided to get the G9

Ordering it tomorrow, should have it by tuesday (Ebuyer ftw, delivery is only £3.69 or something for next day, half price atm )
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6595|Michigan, USA

FloppY_ wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

r2zoo wrote:

http://www.3t.hu/images/Logitech%20MX518.gif

Always be partial to the MX518

Basically the G5, but the older model so to speak, should be realtivly cheap around now as well if price is a concern.  I've had two MX518s and never had a single issue with them, best mouse I've ever owned, and I'll stick with the 518s until Logitech stops making them.
Wait...

You've never had a problem with one.

So why have you had two?
I can't speak for r2zoo.. but personally I have had two of them at a time for a long time now, one for my laptop and one for my gaming PC at home..
I tend to wear them out in ~ 1 year, so I RMA them and get a new one free because of the 3year warranty..

I started out with a mx310 for my laptop, but those damn things break too fast when transported around, and aren't nearly as ergonomic as the epic design of the MX518/G5...

And I just can't see myself spending as much money on a mouse that the G5 costs when (imo) the 1600dpi, weight and price of the MX518 suits me perfectly...
That.

Wore out my old one and Logitech replaced it for free
Stimey
­
+786|6119|Ontario | Canada
Good choice
G9 is one sexy motherfucker.
­
­
­
­
­
­
CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine

JoshP wrote:

Thanks for the help guys, i talked to crazed on xfire and i've decided to get the G9
HA!

Eat that FatherTed.

I win.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5688|Notts, UK

CrazeD wrote:

JoshP wrote:

HA!

Eat that FatherTed.

I win.
MX1000 was way too expensive anyway

Spoiler (highlight to read):
and it looks ugly
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5903|CA
G5 is great "one-step" down if you don't want to go all out for the G9.  A buddy of mine bought the G9, loved it since he got it, and still does.
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5928|NY/CT
umm...razer?
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6842|Reykjavík, Iceland.
G5 > G9.

I tested out both when I was buying mine, and the G5 just felt better. G9 is way too small.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Sydney wrote:

G5 > G9.

I tested out both when I was buying mine, and the G5 just felt better. G9 is way too small.
Yeah I just had to put my hand around the plastic shell of the pacaging of the G9 to feel it was way to small for me,, my hand cramps up with such small mice,,, G5 (the good old mx518 shape) is a perfect fit with my hand
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine
The G9 is a little bit smaller, and it took a while to get used to after using a G5 for like two years, but now it feels much more natural than the G5. <3 it.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5688|Notts, UK
D: so many different opinions >.<
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

Go to an electronics/computer store and try them out. Choose the one that fits your hand the best. Photos and advertising online won't give you an idea of whether it's the right mouse for you.
JoshP
Banned
+176|5688|Notts, UK

ebug9 wrote:

Go to an electronics/computer store and try them out. Choose the one that fits your hand the best. Photos and advertising online won't give you an idea of whether it's the right mouse for you.
I was thinking i might have to do that

which means a train ride into town

and i'm a lazy nerd

i'll do it tomorrow (wait today lolz) i think

if the shitty shops in lincoln stock it

edit: £68.49 at PC World, £34.24 at ebuyer, half price (like exactly)
wat

So imma go to PC world, decide if i like it, and come back and buy it off the net for half the price

With next day delivery

lolz

Last edited by JoshP (2008-12-21 19:58:59)

JoshP
Banned
+176|5688|Notts, UK
okz changed my mind (lol)

bought the G5, £29.35 + next day delivery for £3.62

; ebuyer are winz

Last edited by JoshP (2008-12-22 14:08:58)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

JoshP wrote:

; ebuyer are winz
Excellent choice, you will not regret it
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
GR34
+215|6544|ALBERTA> CANADA
I would get the G9 it looks bad ass I would have got it instead of my G5 but here the G9 was 134$ were as the G5 was 45$
Defiance
+438|6670

The G9 is good but it's simply change for the sake of change. G5 still has the best ergonomics and I hardly notice a difference between a 2kDPI mouse (G5) and a 4k (Lachesis).
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6536|Internetfitlerland

For only 5 more euros, you could of had a a.... http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126008

inafter razer fag

this shit wins on ezmode

Last edited by ~Smokey~ (2008-12-23 02:38:48)

_Dominiko_PL
TITS or gtfo.
+97|6520|Polish state of EU
Its high time that something pwns this logitech/razer laser/optical crap... Well, here it comes:
<pwn>
http://gizmodo.com/5047897/sidewinder-x … darth-nerd
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/h … _bluetrack
</pwn>
CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine

JoshP wrote:

; ebuyer are winz
Sorry to hear that.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6445|Amsterdam‫
G7 ftw
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5752|Roma
I suggest the Microsoft Sidewinder mouse.
Very nice, very accurate, cool red light design and many buttons.
supports up to 2000dpi and you can change them by pressing buttons.
Also has quick turn button and have no idea how it works and has weight adjustments.
But I have experienced that after 2 hours of constant use my hand starts to hurt, maybe its my hand is to big or small..but..its a good mouse.
Price is cheap to, bought it for 25€

Last edited by aerodynamic (2008-12-23 04:41:11)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard