killaer
+41|6759
Okay, so i've just gotten pretty interested in jets. Bombing is fun.
But when I'm locked on by someone else, I can say goodbye to my jet, and prepare for getting TKed by the other retards on my team yelling "WTF U GAY DAT WAS MI JET GHEY STUPID FAG"

So, any tips for avoiding missiles with the new patch?

Also, I've gotten the basic hang of bombing...but other than that I n00b at that too. A few tips on bombing would be very apreciated.

BTW: I have a mouse. I don't need get a joystick comments.

Last edited by killaer (2006-03-14 14:01:55)

risson
+17|6808|Wisconsin
I'd say you answered your own question...

Personally mouse and keyboard work great for the helicoptors... but if you really want to get the feel of flying the jets, spend some $ and get a joystick.

RiSSoN
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6724|England and damn proud
i agree get a joystick, i have an old saitek x45 and a spare x52, the x52 feels cheap! so i use my 3-4 yr old x45
but i found go up high when missile is after u then go down as fast as u can when the missile is sucking up ur engine smoke. that normaly works for me, OR do what else i do which is use the flares about 2 secs before the missile hits u
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6753

killaer wrote:

you don't want to fly?

oh well
*OL*JoseyWales
+8|6743|Phoenix Arizona
saitek cyborg evo  $34.95us comp. usa

wellll worth it
Hyper
Banned
+154|6792
my best advice to you is to use your arrow keys for tight turnnig situations.
i also use a mouse and i find it alot more controlable than a joystick and i do pretty good in the air, if i could only learn to shoot a rifle id be a start bf2 player...ha.

anyways, when ya get into that situation where you really need to pull a tight turn, i simply switch to my arrow keys as i do not have to work it to actually turn. works great for me.

if ya want, send me a pm here and ill take ya out flying. Contrary to what the ppl here say, you DONT need a joystick to do well in a plane.

Last edited by Hyper (2006-03-14 14:22:39)

Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6829|England
Joysticks = for noobs.
belikeron
+-1|6674
I don't recomend the Saitek Evo it just feels like junk. I would reccomend to get a joystick though it makes evasive manuevers alot easier.

Easiest way to avoid a missle is to make your self hard to lock in the first place, as soon as you hear the beep noise, after burners and 90* turns will make missles miss and you alot harder to follow and track fro mother planes.

Against AA best bet is to flare and get the hell out of there, then loop around from behind and take him out. When in a dog fight random turns and loops to get behind the person behind you. Yet if the pilot is better them you all around he will shoot you down =p
killaer
+41|6759
Alright...for me 35$ =/= cheap...

For a joystick anyway.

Any cheaper non trash ones? And..how do they work? Are they only for flying or controlling my guy as well?
I don't wanna get a peice of shit, but Some of you guys say they're really good.
FromTheAshes
+53|6746
Bail, It's what you do! I suck in a jet so whenever I get a lock I just bail out.
Silver18
+10|6667

FromTheAshes wrote:

Bail, It's what you do! I suck in a jet so whenever I get a lock I just bail out.
Why bail? You're just going to either a) land in the water and waste 10 mins swimming back or b) get shot down in your parachute..so you'll die anyway...better to just stay in the jet and try to get swerve your way outta it :p
FromTheAshes
+53|6746
I do my best to bail over land, If Im close to the water I'll take death.
belikeron
+-1|6674
I would go to Best Buy and play with thier joy sticks. I was going to get the Evo went to best buy and realized it was a cheap peice of shit.

Once you find a stick you like go to www.newegg.com and buy it, or ebay.
slidero
You don't dodge missiles anymore. 

Don't waste money on a joystick for BF2.
Maj.Do
+85|6793|good old CA

slidero wrote:

You don't dodge missiles anymore. 

Don't waste money on a joystick for BF2.
i can : ), sometimes lol.  I just hit burners for a while, while the missles are following then i make a light or sharp turn then the missles just go straight (not following me)
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6714|Australia

killaer wrote:

I think some people missed this part.

Im not a quality flyer (actually i made thread bout this stuff a little while back)

But if your in the F35b on wake you can forget about dodging anything. It wont out-run the J10, Or similarly the MiG on Oman.

If i hear a beep i switch to rear view to see what it is. (ive got quick switch on my mouse)

If its a plane im screwed but if its the AA chances are the first shot has already hit you, so i just fly UP, and AWAY from it.

Last edited by BF2Craglyeye (2006-03-14 19:53:58)

alpinestar
+304|6637|New York City baby.

Kobrakai wrote:

Joysticks = for noobs.
lol
coming from who ?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6761|California

jitter the plane. most of the time missiles just pass right under me.
-fe.lep-
+8|6744

killaer wrote:

Okay, so i've just gotten pretty interested in jets. Bombing is fun.
But when I'm locked on by someone else, I can say goodbye to my jet, and prepare for getting TKed by the other retards on my team yelling "WTF U GAY DAT WAS MI JET GHEY STUPID FAG"

So, any tips for avoiding missiles with the new patch?

Also, I've gotten the basic hang of bombing...but other than that I n00b at that too. A few tips on bombing would be very apreciated.

jump out
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6623|Eastern USA
Use J-10 or Su-34

Normally when I'm in the flying coffin, AKA the F-35B, instead of doing a turn so I dont change altitude (Loop horizontally) I point myself a little down. The new AA seems to have trouble hitting the planes JUST barely out of place. That tiny point downward works wonders for me, in any jet.

Edit: Like stated in a previous post, if you're a serious flier, take practicing every day into your considerations.

Last edited by SaladForks (2006-04-28 15:53:20)

DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6698|Birmingham
now i have a joystick and i love it to bits. i took some getting used to but i love it now. i did used to love flying with the keyboard but joystick ftw now!
elite
+89|6755|Sheffield, England
1 good tip is.... change view, so you can see behind you..then when the missile is about to hit, take a sharp turn upwards..works a treat
Y0URDAD
I'ma Eat Yo Children!
+17|6686|Annapolis, MD
Agreed; use the J-10. I play wake a lot and I give no respect to any pilots I find because all the good ones are in a J-10 and will never try USMC/F-35B.
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6680|Olympus Mons, Mars
Guys that say joysticks, what if they don't have joysticks?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard