Kez
+778|5708|London, UK

theDude5B wrote:

This is the third case of this I have seen in as many weeks. GF's dad has a similar rash, as does my mum's friend.

Plague!!
time to buy calamine lotion!
https://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/83000/200.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calamine
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6815|Nårvei

.Sup wrote:

Uzique wrote:

It disturbs me that you consult BF2s and the community of armchair doctors instead of getting this poor child to a doctor ASAP.
Varegg and OH have a E-medical degree
No ... but we have kids (OH 4 and i have 3) so we have seen our fair share of such rashes and chickenpox kinda stuff ... and like Surgeons said you can get chickenpox several times, thinks it's called something else when you get it the second time though ... we call it hellburn or hellfire or something like that in Norway.

Usually comes with a fever the first time, not necessarily so the other times ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6684
Rip your bed and mattress apart and check for Bed Bugs. Could be bed bugs!
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6654
Chicken Pox, measles, impetigo?
The#1Spot
+105|6545|byah

CrazeD wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Smallpox or chickenpox or whatever it's called in English, typical child desease?

Go see a doctor!
Lol, smallpox is vastly different than chickenpox. :p

Smallpox is a pretty lethal virus, chickenpox just makes you itchy.
Both can be lethal.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5769|Belgium
He must be allergic to sports.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6678|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Im scared from when I had Chicken pox, I was late teens and cud pull any girl I wanted in my year at school, hung like a rogue elephant and knew what to do with it, however you dont wanna hear about that.

Ive come to tell you I had it bad. For 3/4 weeks they were on the palm of my hands, on my balls, in my mouth, up my nose and base of my feet.  I have white scars all over me and I never popped one on purpose.  Dont feel sorry for me, when Im smashing some girls pasty in they dont get the chance to complain. Yeah baby.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6257|England
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6767

tell fatty to do some sit ups.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5938|United States
don't scratch them and don't take a shower..something about chickenpox and water
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6459|USA
That is freakin disgusting

Last edited by elite.mafia (2008-11-25 20:40:54)

Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6234|NSW, Australia

The Sheriff wrote:

TrueMusou wrote:

My symptoms were the same, I had this rash develop slowly but surely. I didn't feel out of the norm except these rash that developed. For me, I had my chicken pox already when I was younger so that couldn't have been it.
Although it is rare, you can get Chicken pox multiple times.
i got it once as a child, and in 2006 i got it twice
first time i cant remember

2nd time lasted about 4 weeks. it was really bad

3rd time wasnt bad, 4 days or so?

edit/ never got any scars or anything though

Last edited by Nappy (2008-11-25 22:21:51)

bakinacake
HA HA
+383|5991|Aus, Qld
First, go see a doctor.

Second, could be an allergic rash, has he done anything different recently?

Third, its not Psoriasis because its not itchy.
https://i.imgur.com/LGvbJjT.jpg
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6583|Columbus, OH
That shit happens when you go to those low-class strip joints. You have no idea what those skanks rub onto you until it is too late
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6625|Mhz

99% certainly Chickenpox, I was 'lucky' enough to have it that start of this year, quite severe, ended up in hospital, his doesn't look too terrible, worth seeing a Dr for though if it's bad enough he might prescribe Acycolvir to help him recover a bit faster, have him come to your home though no need to go infecting everyone in you GP's waiting room
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6291|eng
Could be shingles.
#rekt
MetalMaiden
Girls>Boys
+80|6591|Hoosier Mama
Could be scabies.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6771|Cambridge (UK)
Get a glass and press the side of it against the marks - if they disappear it's nothing to worry about, but go see a doctor anyway.

If they don't disappear - GO SEE A DOCTOR NOW!
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6748|Reality

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

99% certainly Chickenpox, I was 'lucky' enough to have it that start of this year, quite severe, ended up in hospital, his doesn't look too terrible, worth seeing a Dr for though if it's bad enough he might prescribe Acycolvir to help him recover a bit faster, have him come to your home though no need to go infecting everyone in you GP's waiting room
Not chicken pox. He said his brother had the rash for  3 weeks. Chicken pox lasts about a week.

Not shingles since he is still young. Shingles usually appear much later in adulthood.

Too generalized to be scabies although some of the symptoms do match. Scabies is also easily transmissible. If no one else in the house has these symptoms especially after 3 weeks, then most likely not scabies.

I will say it again: Pityriasis rosea is most likely. The symptoms match and it is not virulent. It lasts up to 6 months but usually 6 weeks.

Although he should go to the doctor to rule out the other potential causes.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
JoshP
Banned
+176|5694|Notts, UK
Could be lupus?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Get a glass and press the side of it against the marks - if they disappear it's nothing to worry about, but go see a doctor anyway.

If they don't disappear - GO SEE A DOCTOR NOW!
Yeah that old chestnut, did that on the rash I had when I was 18 and they disappeared, unfortunately it still turned out, that despite this and the vaccination they gave me at college...
that I had still caught meningitis 

Last edited by coke (2008-11-26 18:07:28)

Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5970|London, England

tell him to scratch it a lot, don't see a doctor, If you have never had chickenpox make sure you hang out with him alot so you can catch it too and you two can be nice quarantine brothers together. Every lotion is probably ineffective, He'll probably die, tell him he has about 3 days
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6637

Mutantsteak wrote:

tell him to scratch it a lot, don't see a doctor, If you have never had chickenpox make sure you hang out with him alot so you can catch it too and you two can be nice quarantine brothers together. Every lotion is probably ineffective, He'll probably die, tell him he has about 3 days
/doctormutantstreak
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6607
chiken pox
and tell him to clean his belly button ..gross

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard