+2,700|6625

Kptk92 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Three nil, Three nil
Skittles has you there Ilford
SealXo
+309|6528
depends what you drive

mercedes has a shitty usb cable in the glovebox where you can't change the artist. Then range rover and lots of other cars have shitty AUX cables where you change it by hand but it doesnt charge. Both fucking fail.

the C classe has this weird card where you put a memory card in under the nav and its pretty cool.

Last edited by SealXo (2008-11-23 11:40:01)

Benzin
+576|5991
It depends on what kind of stereo you have, blademaster. How about letting us know?

The ideal solution would just be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable or a 3.5mm to RCA. You can get an FM transmitter, but unless you're willing to blow a considerable amount of cash (we're talking at least $100), you'll get a shitty transmitter. It would be cheaper to get an aftermarket stereo (if you don't already have one) that has a 3.5mm aux input port or RCA aux inputs.

That's my advice to you. I've used both in a decent car sound system and in a stock car sound system. You won't notice a difference. I personally hate FM transmitters because if you make road trips often (like I used to in the USA), then you'll get annoyed as you pass through different areas and have to change channels. Plugging it gives you a constant thing. You just need to lift the iPod up and change songs or whatever. It's like using your car's sound system instead of headphones.

If you're worried about having power, you can get a car charger with a USB input jack for like $5 at eBay or $10 at Wal-Mart. They're cheap.

Don't buy anything Apple branded, they charge too much. You can never go wrong with Belkin, though, but you will pay for the quality with some of their products.

I don't know why people bash Apple's mp3 player line. For the cost, storage, size and build quality, you can't really beat it. iTunes works like a charm on my XP machine, never had a problem with it across three computers I've used. I hate Apple computers, but they really do set the bar when it comes to PMPs.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6638

CapnNismo wrote:

It depends on what kind of stereo you have, blademaster. How about letting us know?

The ideal solution would just be a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable or a 3.5mm to RCA. You can get an FM transmitter, but unless you're willing to blow a considerable amount of cash (we're talking at least $100), you'll get a shitty transmitter. It would be cheaper to get an aftermarket stereo (if you don't already have one) that has a 3.5mm aux input port or RCA aux inputs.

That's my advice to you. I've used both in a decent car sound system and in a stock car sound system. You won't notice a difference. I personally hate FM transmitters because if you make road trips often (like I used to in the USA), then you'll get annoyed as you pass through different areas and have to change channels. Plugging it gives you a constant thing. You just need to lift the iPod up and change songs or whatever. It's like using your car's sound system instead of headphones.

If you're worried about having power, you can get a car charger with a USB input jack for like $5 at eBay or $10 at Wal-Mart. They're cheap.

Don't buy anything Apple branded, they charge too much. You can never go wrong with Belkin, though, but you will pay for the quality with some of their products.

I don't know why people bash Apple's mp3 player line. For the cost, storage, size and build quality, you can't really beat it. iTunes works like a charm on my XP machine, never had a problem with it across three computers I've used. I hate Apple computers, but they really do set the bar when it comes to PMPs.
im a have to look into k

Bose premium audio system
~3 ohm speakers

Last edited by blademaster (2008-11-23 13:24:43)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone
blade's got Bose. Crazy rich mofo
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6725|St. Andrews / Oslo

CapnNismo wrote:

I don't know why people bash Apple's mp3 player line.
sound quality and supported formats.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Benzin
+576|5991

Jenspm wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Sound quality is quite good with my 5G ... and who cares if it doesn't support FLAC?
BlackKoala
+215|6318

CapnNismo wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Sound quality is quite good with my 5G ... and who cares if it doesn't support FLAC?
People with too much time on their hands, lol.

I could understand someone wanting FLAC if they had a VERY nice pair of IEM's or a great pair of cans, but most of the people who bitch for FLAC are running them through the stock ibuds or something like the Marshmallows.  I'd even go so far as to say I'd want an amp before I'd care enough to have a player that supported FLAC.

I bet if you blind tested someone with a FLAC song and a 320kb mp3, they wouldn't know the damn difference.

Ipods have incredibly simple interfaces, and they're just damn easy to use, lol.  I don't have one, but I did and it was nice.
Benzin
+576|5991

BlackKoala wrote:

People with too much time on their hands, lol.

I could understand someone wanting FLAC if they had a VERY nice pair of IEM's or a great pair of cans, but most of the people who bitch for FLAC are running them through the stock ibuds or something like the Marshmallows.  I'd even go so far as to say I'd want an amp before I'd care enough to have a player that supported FLAC.

I bet if you blind tested someone with a FLAC song and a 320kb mp3, they wouldn't know the damn difference.

Ipods have incredibly simple interfaces, and they're just damn easy to use, lol.  I don't have one, but I did and it was nice.
Exactly.

Not only that, but FLAC files take up much more room compared to a normal mp3 file and that then reduces the possible number of songs you can put on your player. You also have to realize that now the entire iPod lineup minus the Shuffle supports video playback. So now you have people wanting to also have room for their videos on their iPods.

Putting FLAC support into the firmware might have also been too difficult to make it worth their while. Especially when very few people actually want FLAC. Most people just want something to jam to in their car or in the train.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone

CapnNismo wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Thats excatly what people who don't what good sound is say-that ipod sound quality is good and who cares if it doesn't support FLAC which is a lot better sounding format than mp3 most of you listen to.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6358|California

SealXo wrote:

depends what you drive

mercedes has a shitty usb cable in the glovebox where you can't change the artist. Then range rover and lots of other cars have shitty AUX cables where you change it by hand but it doesnt charge. Both fucking fail.

the C classe has this weird card where you put a memory card in under the nav and its pretty cool.
fucking amen to that with the mercedes, oh well at least i have satellite radio and it charges my iphone so its good enough i guess..
Benzin
+576|5991

.Sup wrote:

Thats excatly what people who don't what good sound is say-that ipod sound quality is good and who cares if it doesn't support FLAC which is a lot better sounding format than mp3 most of you listen to.
Your average FLAC file is what, 10MB, right? The average mp3 is 3-4. It's pretty fucking obvious that the FLAC will have a better sound quality. If it didn't, then that's just wasting file space.

But with FLAC, you're cutting your limit of files in third in comparison with mp3s. Sorry, but I am not that anally retentive about my music. I want good headphones that sound good, keep the music from being interrupted too much from outside noises, and an mp3 player that lets me play with my music how I want.

I have yet to see another mp3 player that can match the size, quality and amount of storage you get for the price beat the iPod product line. Especially considering they all have video playback now and they're all the smallest mp3 players on the market. Sorry Charlie, but you're beat here. The only thing the iPod doesn't have is FLAC and I really don't see why people say the iPod sounds like crap. It sounds just fine to me and I've used like 5 different headphone designs on my 5G Video and they all sound good (minus the Apple-branded headphones, cuz those are shit).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard